Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cash limit to 10 gold?

Default Cash limit to 10 gold?

Hi,
    I have a question about the game.
    A friend of mine has reached 10 golds in his inventory, and he says that he can't carry more than this amount.
    He's wondering how he can buy things from the trader or from the merchants that cost much than this amount, if he can't carry more.
    (In details, he would like to know if it's possible to buy the Tiger Mount with a f2p account, without buying it from the item store).

Thanks for help, I don't have answers for his questions.

F2p gold limit is 10g. Sub premium if you want the limit off.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

So, you are saying that a f2p member can't buy anything that costs more than 10 golds.
    Very sad.

If I want a mount and the only chances to have it are to pay with real money or to renounce (and both are bad options in a so-called f2p game), I can consider myself "forced" to spend somehow.

Anyway, thanks for answer.

Quote Originally Posted by caabal78 View Post
    So, you are saying that a f2p member can't buy anything that costs more than 10 golds.
    Very sad.

If I want a mount and the only chances to have it are to pay with real money or to renounce (and both are bad options in a so-called f2p game), I can consider myself "forced" to spend somehow.

Anyway, thanks for answer.
    Yep, F2P are still burdened with a bunch of pointless restrictions... I guess it's to combat gold sellers or something.

Also, I don't think you can get a tiger mount as F2P unless you buy the tiger from the in-game shop, and even then I think maybe you need a riding skill you can only learn in Khitai (where f2p can't enter...). Tiger mounts are pretty much a reward for getting max reputation with a faction in Khitai, though they also drop somewhat rarely in a Khitai raid.

The only thing I can think about would be the tiger you can buy with a lot of PvP minigame tokens, but again you probably need Khitai riding skill anyways, and getting that many tokens would be a hellish and long experience as F2P. There's also a tiger purchasable for Hardmode tokens in Turan, but getting that many tokens as f2p would again be -very- frustrating.

Well, no, not pointless.

This is a business. Funcom is in this for the money. They want you to sub, so that they'll get your money, so they place restrictions on free accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Well, no, not pointless.

This is a business. Funcom is in this for the money. They want you to sub, so that they'll get your money, so they place restrictions on free accounts.
    These restrictions turn away more people than they force to subscribe, just like not allowing F2P to enter lowbie dungeons or roll half the classes did. This is bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    These restrictions turn away more people than they force to subscribe, just like not allowing F2P to enter lowbie dungeons or roll half the classes did. This is bad business.
    Oh, I don't know. It got me playing and then got me to buy RotG.

It'll probably get me to subscribe, too, down the road.

So, from their perspective, good business.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    So, from their perspective, good business.
    Agreed, but there are always ways to do things better as well, especially with the balancing act required for a F2P game from a company that is on the ropes.

That said, I don't see the harm in subscribing for these features, especially with the second hand knowledge of what Funcom's state is looking like. I'd rather pay them what ... $98.93 per year for access and the bits here and there in the item shop than have all the hassle of gold limits, access, etc.

It's not expensive

They still can get stuff like pvp gear, or t1.

better than the 2g restriction they used to have.

As a casual player - in for fun, not to compete - the free game is all I need at the moment. My main motivation in buying RotG was to get the extra character slots. So, the uber powerful weapons are nice, but not necessary, as long as I have fun.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll need the uber stuff in order to progress in the destiny quest, so I may need to sub later on, if only to keep the game from becoming stale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast