Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual wield classes

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    your choice what u want bro, but trust me dont trust GREYLOIN that guy is nothing but a flame / troll who do nothing but speak trash and cry about classes, which tbh he has no clue what he talking about

"barb bottom class.." u kidding me? its god damn one of the top classes been since LAUNCH not bottom.. crhist sake
    Really? Well I guess 5 months of raiding and seeing necro/demo/sins top the parse pretty damn consistently must've been my bad eyesight. And those people asking for "caster!" or "no hox/barb!" in global... well I must be going senile prematurely.

It's not like it really matters that much who tops the parse since all the content in the game except maybe Bat is easily done by most raiding guilds. But people do discriminate based on class, which is why you often see people wanting demos/necros over other dps classes for Scorpion/Caravan unchained and Dragonspine.

I should have stated i am not really into raiding...it's more about leveling and being easy to learn.

They nerfed dualwieding for rangers to the ground with the revamp.
    Not only are there no special combos or feats available, but the offhand rating default is 0, compared to 25+% of assasins, conqs and barbs.

Right now it is only valid for fun, looks, variety and maybe some extra dps for the finishing combo and fatality chance.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceCola View Post
    Hm, Assassin looks kinda cool...is it ok for a newcomer to try one out? Dual wielding axes look really cool.
    As said before, as cool as assassins are, they cannot dual wield axes.
    You probably want to go reaver barb o carnage conq for that.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Assassins can only dualweild daggers, while rangers hardly use melee attacks, so you're probably looking for barbarian or conqueror.

Of the two, barbarians have some really awesome-looking combo animations, but overall they're near the bottom of the totem pole both for endgame PvE DPS and in PvP.

Conquerors don't get to be DPS very often since there's usually a higher need for tanks(and Carnage, the dual-weild spec, is a DPS spec), but they've long been regarded as OP in PvP and are very useful in PvE as well as tanks with moderate DPS and providers of an in-combat resurrection ability. They're getting a solid whack with the nerfbat soon though.

My advice; don't let cool concept art dictate which class you pick. Lots of what you see in artwork (example: the Khitan assassins in green masks dualweilding scythes on the launcher) didn't make it into the game (unless you consider that early concept art for the Brittle Blade or something).
    Barbs can top endgame dps if you learn how to play 1 !!

If you like dw axes then barb is your class. Dw swords you would want a conq. Sins are daggers... Rangers seldom DW.

Sins are hardest to lvl due to squishyness. Barbs have some nice cc's and conqs have the armor to help.

I have all 4 and conqs and barbs are fun as hell. Sins i think you need to be the right type of person. Youll love it or hate it.

Rangers suck since the "advantage" revamp.... up down shoot oh whatfunitis.

Oh and easiest to learn is the barb. Hands down. You only have 2 buffs. You can limit your cc use if you want. Specially in dual wield. They are surprisingly tough for light armor. Barbs do have some extras that can buff your dps and stuff but are fairly easy to figure out.
    I leveled my barb in zerker for the extra cc's but i know ppl who went reaver the whole way no problem.
    Zerker is big 2hand weapons reaver is dual wield.
    Last edited by Aylis; 14th April 2014 at 20:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They nerfed dualwieding for rangers to the ground with the revamp.
    Not only are there no special combos or feats available, but the offhand rating default is 0, compared to 25+% of assasins, conqs and barbs.

Right now it is only valid for fun, looks, variety and maybe some extra dps for the finishing combo and fatality chance.
    Yeah a dagger with combat rating on it will give higher deft stab damage than the usual defensive shield. That's it. So don't roll ranger for dual wield, for sure.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceCola View Post
    it's more about leveling and being easy to learn.
    barb, blood rage stance

swap weps to use knock back and stun, have fun

p.s. check out vids on this channel for some class previews https://www.youtube.com/user/henryabccba
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 15th April 2014 at 01:01.

Conquerors don't get to be DPS very often since there's usually a higher need for tanks(and Carnage, the dual-weild spec, is a DPS spec), but they've long been regarded as OP in PvP and are very useful in PvE as well as tanks with moderate DPS and providers of an in-combat resurrection ability. They're getting a solid whack with the nerfbat soon though.
    Would you have any sort of evidence to support the bolded statement?

Really? Well I guess 5 months of raiding and seeing necro/demo/sins top the parse pretty damn consistently must've been my bad eyesight. And those people asking for "caster!" or "no hox/barb!" in global... well I must be going senile prematurely.

It's not like it really matters that much who tops the parse since all the content in the game except maybe Bat is easily done by most raiding guilds. But people do discriminate based on class, which is why you often see people wanting demos/necros over other dps classes for Scorpion/Caravan unchained and Dragonspine.
    Lmao 5 months raiding and he thinks he knows all the classes.
    Try played for 5 years since 2008 raided every class for years and can say conq and barb in good hands out dps necro/demos everywhere. Yes some fights where there is a lot of trash or multiple targets makes them more useful but not better. Demo/necro are easy classes to play and get good dps figures with. dps conquer/dt/barb/hox are all able to match a necro or demo for dps if you know what your doing.

So yes you know nothing in fact your dangerous cause you think you know everything but infact know nothing so please stop giving people bad advice.
    Last edited by blynd; 27th April 2014 at 07:50.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Lmao 5 months raiding and he thinks he knows all the classes.
    Try played for 5 years since 2008 raided every class for years and can say conq and barb in good hands out dps necro/demos everywhere. Yes some fights where there is a lot of trash or multiple targets makes them more useful but not better. Demo/necro are easy classes to play and get good dps figures with. dps conquer/dt/barb/hox are all able to match a necro or demo for dps if you know what your doing.

So yes you know nothing in fact your dangerous cause you think you know everything but infact know nothing so please stop giving people bad advice.
    You're plainly wrong. Demos, necros and sins outdps barbs, hoxes and rangers in almost any scenario in the game, regardless of trash. This is especially apparent in stawman parsing, where top-geared demos, necros and sins can easily surpass 2000 dps whereas most other classes struggle to reach it. That's without mentioning that many fights in the game favour ranged dps.

It's not like it matters, but there is a noticeable difference in the damage the different classes output.

Oh, and having played since 2008 isn't particularly relevant when it comes to evaluating class/dps performance in the current game considering every single class has gone through enormous changes since then. Having raided T3-T4 for 5 months several times a week in multiple guilds is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast