Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PVP Gear Grind - Change it

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    What about when bori first launched? You did not need to be in a group, all you had to do was be in the zone and in the same guild as the one making sacrifices. Weakly spent a week keyboard turning inside their keep getting exp while afk.

Phonecheck was PvP 10 in 30 days or less, the guy was so methed up he did not log for like 19 hour at a time.

The thing is, that most of the people farming bori for Carnage were not regular members, but part timers you all invited to farm for you while you all were afk in your keep.

You all did bori, you just mostly got fools to do it for you though.
    Phonecheck had no job or life during that time. It took him way more then 30 days, but yes it was funny. He use to do lines of coke and literally just farm bori all day and ramble on vent and I would have to mute him. Good guy, but when he was all drugged up, he was like Bouski 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mabus View Post
    Oh man, did you sell your Bori'd account and then have to restart and work for it like everyone else? Must be tough!
    Funny after years you randomly comes back on forum just to reply to khramps.

I remember we went on UBL's vent and absolutely destroyed you guys on Ventrilo and on your server wicanna.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    ps: I wasn't saying we weren't bori grinders, what I was implying that Mabus of all people (Mr PVE) is calling us bori grinders, yet he grinds more then anybody else. I understand sarcasm is hard to read on the internet.
    I missed that obvious point, sorry. It can be depending on how much I want to read...

But yes, I know, I was in carnage when this **** was going on. I came over and joined US on the merge. All I am saying is that Carnage was the biggest bori farmers at launch. I do agree, it was not to get competitive. Everyone knows carnage was the best at pvp. It was to get the best gear. And I think people like phonecheck got bored very quickly after maxing. It made even less of a challenge. I also recall pvping on cim with no bk, a handful of toons and still dominated.

Never will I doubt the talent, just dont want to mislead the discussion about how carnage didnt bori.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    gathering skills
    u need to do some crafting quests before doing bori? :O

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    That was during the time Bori first arrived in which we did pvp against the largest guild (US) and had competition. It was Funcom's only way of allowing PVP players to obtain gear. Everyone was a "bori" whore. When we weren't there, everyone else would enter the zone.

You act as if we WANTED that as PVP content. You also forgot to mention that we also did 24/7 pugs, premades and duels and world PVP. We had the best PVP players because we also made people "the best pvp players".

Take a look at Brolla. He was terra bad when he started in AoC and we came over to Cimmeria. Everyone on Cimmeria laughed when we brought him in to our guild, purely because we liked his personality and he was a funny guy. We gave him a spec, made him duel and took him on premade ventures and the guy actually became an overall good player near the end.

Yes, we took most of the servers best pvp players, but we also had the smallest number of players in a guild. We went to Cimmeria with a small portion of dedicated and skillful Carnage players, merged with US when they came over to allow us to be able to compete against the massive zergs that PF, Aco and LiF had and made them all realize how terrible they actually were.

Sitting here pointing fingers at us and trying to say that we grinded bori the most of everyone and that we're all gear is just a laughable claim and you know it. At any given time during our time of play, we would premade anybody with less gear, aa and invulns (of that era) and win. You both know this.

ps: I wasn't saying we weren't bori grinders, what I was implying that Mabus of all people (Mr PVE) is calling us bori grinders, yet he grinds more then anybody else. I understand sarcasm is hard to read on the internet.
    just seems so fun

Thumbs up Smith!!

Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

Back on the topic before thread get's closed.

Yep but as people said before, why cannot I buy t2 pvp set for my gaurd or barb? i mean, my barb is halfway pvp 8. And I still don't have any t2 weapon, legs, shoulder,wrist, necklance, 1x ring, these are the parts i miss atm, but i sure as hell BEEN DOING MORE PVP THAN 99,99% from aoc players atm, YET they have pvp set's with farming mini games and afking in them? reduce the god damn cost of those stupid items,, 90 token per item? u kidding me , it should be 20 from small piece and 35 from big piece AT MAX, i wont even suggest u to delete stupid tokens since u wont.
    The Law

Right clicking skills are the best! Go TEAM Carnage...

They've got the mouse skills in bori, and they are badass typers on the forums. PVP!

What they should do is to wipe the slate clean and delete all pvp levels,
    put -50% pvp hit rating on all pve gear, make a single perfectly balanced pvp outfit that all gets forced into when entering a minigame and can be obtained full time with minigame tokens, anything beyond that set is only changes of appearance, clothes and tattoos etc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast