Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PVP Gear Grind - Change it

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    when you write vast majority where are they when people from your precious server come say shrines of bori is awesome pvp content?

where are they when they petition to not implement unchained minigames?

where are they to ask for group signups back?

where are they to keep asking to lower if not fully remove need for pvp lvl for pvp gear?

where are they when people keep asking for more power pvp progression gear?

where are your they when asked to remove guards from pvp zones?

fury main population is f2p and is a double bad concept that new pvp content is f2p wich means fury will continue to be filled with f2p non paying non custumers.

your "vast pvp population" doesnt pay for the game.

on the other hand crom has a much bigger community who pays to enjoy all the content.

wich now fury players want by force to deny crom from having on one single zone despite fact we on crom have the highest pvp population on the whole of aoc.

but why waste time your in league with the forum fury posers who write this kind of nonsense that world bosses farming people who dont even fight back is awesome pvp content.
    your in same guild as those guys who organize bori farming events o n fury with funcom giving funcom points too.
    your playing with those guys who constantly praise pvp gear progression, and worse recoment funcom not to allow group sign ups back because they are so pro they would farm even harder the aa'less new players in game they also fight in forums to prevent from having aa's with unchained minigames.

tell me more about your fury subscribed friends who want so hard to prevent crom players from getting pvp content.
    Again with name callings and acusations when none of it is topic here.
    Look for title topic, Im against pvp gear grind and i dont know anyone that isnt.
    Hell i would be happiest if strongest gear for pvp would be on pair with blue cultural or something.
    Relax and write constructive things

Crom pve server, fury pvp server. I think there should be some distinction between them. How big? Thats another thing but its not topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by ezariel View Post
    Crom.
    That says all. Sorry to say that, but Crom minigames are full of frustration - ppl there give up pretty fast after like 2 minutes -> if not easy win, why to even try...thats the logic of PvP on Crom. If u like PvE, stay on Crom and for PvP, make another toon on Fury - u will be killed fast as well, but your team will be way better even if u end up in the one with not superior gear and AAs.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Crom pve server, fury pvp server. I think there should be some distinction between them. How big? Thats another thing but its not topic here.
    It has sort of become the topic when people started to argue Crom should not get the daily pvp quests. In this topic and others people have been asking to keep them for Fury only and even give free transfers from Crom to Fury to resurrect their server. This is what Tomhet and others have been arguing against.

They have stated that it is unfair for several reasons:
    - The majority of (paying!) players is on Crom. F2p customers do not support the game. They are welcome to stay but they do not have the same right to make their vote count.
    - Fury has all the PvE content while being a PvP server. Crom already has less PvP content since they will only get the new PvP things in one zone and now they shouldn't even have access to it every day?
    - With the population size AoC has right now developing content for a limited part of the already small population doesn't make sense. Especially when that part happens to be the part that supports Funcom the least financially. This is not right from a economic point of view and I think Funcom as a business should reconsider it for that reason.
    - While there is agreement that the focus on PvP is needed, Funcom is shooting themselves in the foot by trying to use that content to revive Fury while there are a lot of people that would like to enjoy that content on Crom, and for that privilege pay good money. (why is this new content F2P anyways? :s)

In my opinion those arguments are valid and if you look past the whole 'Fury is better' vs. 'Crom is better' discussion I think giving access to the new content for everyone is only logical.

It would make by far the most sense at this point to just merge all servers (strip Rage people from excessive shards/ingots/gold/T4gear) and give a option when you zone to choose between PvE/PvP/Epic. This would also prevent frustration/leaving from new players. I honestly don't understand how someone can defend something as good PvP when their targets don't want to PvP and can't/won't fight back.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 13th May 2014 at 23:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    - The majority of (paying!) players is on Crom.
    Where did funcom say this? Or is this just how you "feel"?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    F2p customers do not support the game.
    So if I spend $20 a month on items from the store, easy to do, I do not support the game more then the person who bought the twelve month for $7 a month?

Do you not see the flaws in your argument, that have been there the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Where did funcom say this? Or is this just how you "feel"?

So if I spend $20 a month on items from the store, easy to do, I do not support the game more then the person who bought the twelve month for $7 a month?

Do you not see the flaws in your argument, that have been there the whole time?
    Funcom does not need to say this. Tonight there were more people on Crom in T4 then there were online on whole Fury. Do the math. If you start to argue about common knowledge like this it indicates for me that there is no point in discussing things with you. You will try to discredit everything against all reason to get your point made.

About supporting the game or not: yes, you do support the game then. This however also happens on a PvE server where people on top of that also pay a subscription to play their content and get new content developed. I cannot see how much people on average spend in the itemstore. I can however see that there are far more subscriptions on Crom then there are on Fury.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 13th May 2014 at 23:58.

Stay on topic, whatever it was/is.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

on topic maybe, funcoms attempt to lower the pvp grind and to give us content is working with this new pvp update. im getting tones of pvp exp and tokens and aa exp. some of the locations though where the events are need to be changed a bit. like way up north where its all narrow, that needs to go. one of the king of the hill spots, north again, that is right near the water should be moved where theres no water. the arena in the middle, caravan wtv, up top either needs to go or make it wider. also you can exploit that same spot by getting on top of the ledge with a horse, fix that.

if this new content is staying in khops province then do something about some of those spots.

the gear gap is tiny now, all is good. i do however think that they should give fresh 80s 200 AA pts or somthing to get them started

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    the gear gap is tiny now, all is good. i do however think that they should give fresh 80s 200 AA pts or somthing to get them started
    Yes gear gap is much better now, not tiny but still you can compete.
    Only thing i hear from some fresh chars is that gear grind to pvp 4 is bit hard on them.

I guess it is bit harsh start but pvp 4 is relatively fast.
    Like you said it 200 AA would help lowbies a lot and also funcom could reduce token prices of pvp gear. 90 tokens for big part is really to much. specially if you dont pve and you also buying combo books. Reduce price there, up bit gain of AA and all is great.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Yes gear gap is much better now, not tiny but still you can compete.
    Only thing i hear from some fresh chars is that gear grind to pvp 4 is bit hard on them.

I guess it is bit harsh start but pvp 4 is relatively fast.
    Like you said it 200 AA would help lowbies a lot and also funcom could reduce token prices of pvp gear. 90 tokens for big part is really to much. specially if you dont pve and you also buying combo books. Reduce price there, up bit gain of AA and all is great.
    90 is fine dude, by the time you can buy them you will have plenty spare. ( unless you bori all of it)

BUT in saying that, i do think they need to reduce the CD of the mini quests by alot. maybe 2hr cd? 4hr at the most
    Last edited by GeldourConq; 22nd May 2014 at 14:24.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast