Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Traps + Mana Drain

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiePorgie View Post
    First off I have to say its embarassing that you Etch would start a thread QQing about of all things RANGER TRAPS. seriously?? I hope this was a troll thread bc you are really bad.
    The only time Ive ever seen them used is for Pve in Thoth Amon.
    Firstly it drains approx 200 or so per tick. What is your stam pool? id say easily over 6000 stam, so if you aso have stam pots running which you SHOULD - the effect of these traps is **** all. The same goes for mana - consider the large mana pool + pots running and the effect of these traps is minimal.
    After reading this thread I tested the traps and had a good laugh.
    Any ranger who specs into these traps for pvp is a waste of 3 points. you better off killing your target rather than trying to stam/mana drain them. You will most likely be killed before you can drain someone to 0 mana or stam.
    Just like noob necros who try to use blighten ones + void - they get killed before they drain anything.
    L2P scrubs.
    Oh and Delred you are a joke
    Surgery is even a bigger joke...funny how they both sins.
    Pressing AOD, GC + bomb, DWW is hard.
    spotted fanboy ranger, why does everyone say sin? i play every class as mentioned before, i need make u list again?

sin pvp 10/full t4 sin set
    barb pvp 8 / full khitai, full t1-t2 raid set, some t3
    guard pvp 6, khitai set, t3 craft pole
    ranger pvp .. soon pvp 7, full khitai set, full t2 raid set.
    tos pvp 5 gear
    pom pvp 3 and coming its way to pvp 4! gz
    conq pvp 6 , full khitais, full t2 raid set
    hox .,. used to play pvp 7 one, now i play pvp 4 hox (soon pvp 5)
    dt, t4 gear, pvp 5

and i cant imagine the amount i been deleting toons which had pvp leves or khitai gear and i just roll the same class month later again.

ranger traps are retarded op, lets say. pvp 4 pom has 5k mana, ranger put fire trap, kite 5 sec, put new trap, boom you are out of mana, YOU HAD POTIONS OR NOT, and wont even bother telling you how tard its vs dt's.
    The Law

As someone further up already wrote:

Have you confirmned that there was not a ninja "fix" back to the op status after revamp recently?
    Someone has real numbers to compare?
    Because still puzzled, because after the fix in 2012 or so no one ever complained about traps and they were considered "useless" even till this thread came up.

First off I have to say its embarassing that you Etch would start a thread QQing about of all things RANGER TRAPS. seriously?? I hope this was a troll thread bc you are really bad.
    Firstly it drains approx 200 or so per tick. What is your stam pool? id say easily over 6000 stam, so if you aso have stam pots running which you SHOULD - the effect of these traps is **** all. The same goes for mana - consider the large mana pool + pots running and the effect of these traps is minimal.
    Any ranger who specs into these traps for pvp is a waste of 3 points. you better off killing your target rather than trying to stam/mana drain them. You will most likely be killed before you can drain someone to 0 mana or stam.
    Just like noob necros who try to use blighten ones + void - they get killed before they drain anything.
    L2P scrubs.
    The drain itself from the trap is not all that bad, but when you consider you can get intentionally kept in combat for minutes at a time (36 second infestation, 42 second FTW), the drains become huge when you are forced into "in combat regenerations" as opposed to OOC regenerations.

Stamina I am sure is not an issue, but mana regen for most casting classes has been an issue ever since the sprint revamp. The traps do create a serious problem for mana when players are forced into combat for minutes at a time.
    Last edited by Suctum; 14th May 2014 at 08:54.
    Doomsayer 2008

Just a matter of context. All the focus/hate is on ranger atm where it was on the conq 6 months ago, even if things haven't changed a lot on theses class in that lapse of time.

It started with TTS, then Kb trap, then Linebreaker, then Rending Strikes, then running shot, then Exhausting traps atm.
    Even tho i admit balancing is a whole, you can't really target all thoses skills and hopes for a quick nerf. Basically, players feedbacks about the ranger in pvp are a a mess where nothing really valuable comes after dozens of 10-pages threads. I think it's one of the reasons balancing for the 4.2 patch is now 100% handled internally by devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Just a matter of context. All the focus/hate is on ranger atm where it was on the conq 6 months ago, even if things haven't changed a lot on theses class in that lapse of time.

It started with TTS, then Kb trap, then Linebreaker, then Rending Strikes, then running shot, then Exhausting traps atm.
    Even tho i admit balancing is a whole, you can't really target all thoses skills and hopes for a quick nerf. Basically, players feedbacks about the ranger in pvp are a a mess where nothing really valuable comes after dozens of 10-pages threads. I think it's one of the reasons balancing for the 4.2 patch is now 100% handled internally by devs.
    One thing everyone can agree with about the Rangers is that their current "combo" system is broken. They can choose to buff casts or not, and there is hardly any penalty to not doing so. Most Rangers can simply cast naked combos and do the same amount of damage, and there is no marked penalty for missing combos because it's impossible to do.

The reason you see so much hate against rangers now is because all the re-rollers shelved their soldiers after the pvp armor adjustments. The complaint from most of us is not about how OP one class is at a time, it's how gimmicky some of them play that reward flavor players. Right now it's rewarding to play ranged classes, especially rangers, necros, and demos. 6 months ago is was rewarding playing Soldiers.

My complaints about rangers have remained the same, LB does too much damage for a CC and/or needs a range limit, TTS needs to be reworked, ranger dots (rending strike especially) need to be toned down, and a 2nd LOS check added to their "combos". All of that has been true since the awful ranger revamp of 2.0.
    Last edited by Suctum; 14th May 2014 at 08:49.
    Doomsayer 2008

[QUOTE=Suctum;2097215
    My complaints about rangers have remained the same, LB does too much damage for a CC and/or needs a range limit, TTS needs to be reworked, ranger dots (rending strike especially) need to be toned down, and a 2nd LOS check added to their "combos". All of that has been true since the awful ranger revamp of 2.0.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it would not be enough, but I would be fine if they removed LB (or at least removed its damage) and removed TTS (perhaps gimping myself, but I have never used it). If you take PVP out of the equation LB is needed to help your DPS through multiple target hits.
    Anyhow - the main reason I responded was to ask about the 2nd LOS comment. In the old days rangers had no LOS so if you hit flame barrage for instance when seeing a target, even if they went around a corner the arrows still hit the target. Now we need to have the target in sight for the whole "spell cast" duration otherwise it will not hit. Do you suggest that another LOS be added?
    Stygian...the best!

L2P scrubs.
    Did you really just make a post where you called Khramps, Delred and Saint (Surgery) bad players? I'm absolutely speechless, do you want the troll of the week award?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by esty17 View Post
    Perhaps it would not be enough, but I would be fine if they removed LB (or at least removed its damage) and removed TTS (perhaps gimping myself, but I have never used it). If you take PVP out of the equation LB is needed to help your DPS through multiple target hits.
    Anyhow - the main reason I responded was to ask about the 2nd LOS comment. In the old days rangers had no LOS so if you hit flame barrage for instance when seeing a target, even if they went around a corner the arrows still hit the target. Now we need to have the target in sight for the whole "spell cast" duration otherwise it will not hit. Do you suggest that another LOS be added?
    Casters have 2 LoS checks. If you cast a spell you need to have the target in sight to start the cast, then the target needs to be in view at the end to finish cast and release.

Ranger's do not have that 2nd LoS check with players, only scenery. If I move behind a ranger before he ends his cast on a combo it still hits me even if I am out of his LoS, only physical scenery will block it.

I do not know if this is because ranger's turn slowly and the game is adjusting for it though, visually we see ourselves behind the ranger at the end of the cast (ranger's shooting out of their ass, you may have hard this before), or because they lack a true 2nd LoS check.

All I know it's very hard to effectively circle strafe a Ranger and force misses because they seem to have a 360 degree cone as long as you don't block it with physical scenery.

I still think it works this way because rangers are still partly on the combo system where there is no 2nd los check, you simply hit the finisher in range and your combo hits all hits (unless interrupted) no matter how far your opponent runs away...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Did you really just make a post where you called Khramps, Delred and Saint (Surgery) bad players? I'm absolutely speechless, do you want the troll of the week award?
    Yes I did. With all the broken things in this this game the fact that Etch (Khramps) chose ranger drain traps is laughable. And of course other "pros" like delred and surgery crying about it also smh
    Like I said, go ahead and test it yourself, its a waste of 3 points and will not drain them to 0, even on successive traps. Then again most of the rangers on the server are clueless so whatever. I take one look at the ranger specs they post on the ranger forums and lol
    So let me get this straight Delred.. you say you just drop traps and kite healers the whole time while they do nothing but follow u like a robot, not cc you at all, and fall into every single trap? LMFAO If they are THAT bad you should be killing them without needing to drain them.
    I barely see you kite anything in minigames u just stand in the back like a statue, then hide - like 95% of the rangers on this server. You remind me of patry, are you two related?
    Bottom line is this is much crying about very little.
    But hey, dont take my word for it...listen to Delred the pro ranjour...and you might want to use his pvp specs also LOL
    Last edited by GeorgiePorgie; 15th May 2014 at 02:19.

Yes I did. With all the broken things in this this game the fact that Etch (Khramps) chose ranger drain traps is laughable. And of course other "pros" like delred and surgery crying about it also smh
    Like I said, go ahead and test it yourself, its a waste of 3 points and will not drain them to 0, even on successive traps. Then again most of the rangers on the server are clueless so whatever. I take one look at the ranger specs they post on the ranger forums and lol
    So let me get this straight Delred.. you say you just drop traps and kite healers the whole time while they do nothing but follow u like a robot, not cc you at all, and fall into every single trap? LMFAO If they are THAT bad you should be killing them without needing to drain them.
    I barely see you kite anything in minigames u just stand in the back like a statue, then hide - like 95% of the rangers on this server. You remind me of patry, are you two related?
    Bottom line is this is much crying about very little.
    But hey, dont take my word for it...listen to Delred the pro ranjour...and you might want to use his pvp specs also LOL
    lol, nothing like old players coming back and not having a clue what pvp is actually like now. Ranger is a lol class, any idiot who can wipe their face across a keyboard can go positive 90% of the minis they play as long as they play like a douchebag...

Sit max range in stealth, target only squishies or sh1t geared toons, mold advantages/TTS, and save naked Linebreakers for runners. Just pop traps all over the place while no one can catch up with you as you run back to the spawn to wait for Shattering to recharge. If someone does catch you, laugh as you pop EA and they miss everything why you shoot arrows 360 around with no true 2nd LoS check.

I am exaggerating a bit, but come on, this is how 90% of rangers play. If you know anything about in combat regens, you would know that they are terrible, especially for a tos or pom, or a demo who can't use demonic heart. Those drains do make a huge difference when your forced to rely on icc regens for longer than you should as opposed to ooc regens, at least for mana. Stamina management is nearly a non issue for any class that has stamina.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast