Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arena of Death - Laugh out Loud

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    let the pvpers voice their opinion to let CG get the biggest pool of imformation to take the best decision on how to fix pvp the right way.
    Problem is they don't even agree themselves on what is best to do pvp-wise

Ofcourse pvp players should have to pay for content, just like pve. Can't be an unbalanced system where people who prefers pve gota pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    its a tuff call really.

tho from past merges, game always dwindle a little deeper. i just dont see the pt to actively go in a pvp enabled instance once a month when they will have faster progression in minis because they will be live at all times, more easily accessible, no one to gank since any questers will be on the pve instance.

pvp enabled instance on a pve server is 1 gigantic kesh with 0 questers. no mini popped for 4 hours on crom yesterday, the population gain of pvpers willing to hop in on some pvp just isnt there, they would be on fury where open world pvp is actively hapenning every moment of the world boss week, rage had more minis happening yesterday then crom.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Ofcourse pvp players should have to pay for content, just like pve. Can't be an unbalanced system where people who prefers pve gota pay more.
    Pay for what right now? A PVP player has nothing new or enticing to play with out some type of PVE ties attached to it.

I would gladly pay for PVP content if it was purely designed for PVP and had a section where I would never have to go collect items from dogs, dungeons and raiders and bring it back to gain "xp". The story means nothing to me along with the role playing aspect.

But forcing pvp players to pay for content that is pretty much non existent to them is just stupid. Do not call clicking on rocks PVP content.

The game as the foundation to create a proper system, they just need to adjust and implement key functions in order to make it worth anybody's while. They could even add a PVP subscription that allows for PVP players to only access and download pvp parts of the game, all classes, AA, PVP gear are unlocked minus maybe a legendary set of gear that is required through "Ratings" just like what is done in WoW.

Allow for a website that allows for teams to be created and tracking of players profiles and individual stats. It honestly isn't that hard, it's just about them organizing it properly. But adjusting PVP gear and offering rings for 50% less grind of a grind that takes people 2 years to achieve, is just ridiculous. Not to mention, you can't even SIGN UP to play with your friends. I've never seen such a casual gamer wet dream set up in my entire life. World of Warcraft, which everyone mocks is more hardcore then this game, minus it's visuals and combat system, which still isn't half that bad. Especially after the casualified patch Funcom delivered approx a year ago and previously before that.

By destroying the CC's, removal of combo cancelling and taking out the ability to use lower rank combos that added another dynamic layer to pvp competition for the higher tier players. I don't want to hear cries now about combo cancelling and such, If you didn't like it, I already know where you stand as a player by that answer alone, so just don't.

As for the guy that said, PVP players always cry about what they get in AoC, of course they do. Funcom has never truly delivered anything that is designed for a PVP player. It has always been about, implementing some half ass crap that took them a week to do, by rehashing something old or adding in some already pre created prop and then making sure in the process, their PVE community "enjoys it" as well. So technically, it was never a PVP patch to begin with, it was just more subliminal content for their same care bear crew (PVE players)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    During the time of PVP, arena's were asked for over and over and over again. What did we get instead? The removal of signing up for mini games with your friends or guild mates.

That alone was the biggest slap in the face to the PVP community. Maybe players would be more enticed to sign up for premades if Funcom actually put a real rewards system attached to it. Ratings? Legendary PVP Gear? Legendary Mounts? Crafting Items? This way, it pushes players to WANT to get better, rather then just losing and saying what's the point?

You want the donkey to run? Dangle a carrot in front of his face.

When people talk about PVP they don't mean player vs player. If that was the case mini games and open world ganking would be enough for them. All one has to do is just fight against another player and we have our selves PVP! What they mean is they want something they can brag about. They want stats, they want titles, they want advantages to work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    When people talk about PVP they don't mean player vs player. If that was the case mini games and open world ganking would be enough for them. All one has to do is just fight against another player and we have our selves PVP! What they mean is they want something they can brag about. They want stats, they want titles, they want advantages to work towards.
    We also want adjusted content in which creates for a better pvp foundation (replay value)

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    its a tuff call really.

no mini popped for 4 hours on crom yesterday,
    Really? I did minis yesterday, and there were insanely many of them. Didn't had to wait more than 5 min, and I did like 4 capture the skulls and 2 JS games. I also know for a fact that several minis popped while I was inside others.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Really? I did minis yesterday, and there were insanely many of them. Didn't had to wait more than 5 min, and I did like 4 capture the skulls and 2 JS games. I also know for a fact that several minis popped while I was inside others.
    10:30pm east-ish till 3am east-ish

crazy dead on crom

both fury and rage had stuff happening

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12