Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

Maybe the GD should consider to put daily PvP events, in PvP regions (border to kush, border kingdoms) of Crom

According to the post with the PvP event poll, one playfield will be PvP-enabled for a week once a month, even on PvE servers. I find this extremely disturbing. This puts the playfield effectively off-limits to people like myself who do not wish to be involved in PvP. If I wanted to expose myself to being ganked by every random idiot with too much spare time on his hands, I wouldn't have rolled on a PvE server in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    According to the post with the PvP event poll, one playfield will be PvP-enabled for a week once a month, even on PvE servers. I find this extremely disturbing. This puts the playfield effectively off-limits to people like myself who do not wish to be involved in PvP. If I wanted to expose myself to being ganked by every random idiot with too much spare time on his hands, I wouldn't have rolled on a PvE server in the first place.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

A week is a long time to be blocked from a zone for a pure PVE player, but at least their intention is to insure any blocked zone has an alternative at that level range. I would be willing to sacrifice a zone for a week if it helps the game stay alive and successful.

Funcom

The intention is that the zones selected all have alternatives within the same level bracket where anyone who wishes to completely avoid all PvP for this week can go to level etc...

It's not just a matter of levelling. For instance, if the PvP gets enabled in Atzel's Approach or Ymir's Pass, it becomes impossible to do the unchained dungeon quest that week because surely gankers would be waiting in front of the Amphitheatre of Karutonia and Halls of Eternal Frost.

Funcom

It's not just a matter of levelling. For instance, if the PvP gets enabled in Atzel's Approach or Ymir's Pass, it becomes impossible to do the unchained dungeon quest that week because surely gankers would be waiting in front of the Amphitheatre of Karutonia and Halls of Eternal Frost.
    Fair point, we could probably enable some sort of additional local travel for that week too though, e.g directly into the lobbies or to the entrance with Shield of the Risen running.

just make a pvp instance like "normal" and "epic" currently are and its ok, but dont force pvp on pve players.

Maybe it is not very do-able cause you have to tweak things from the server-side with more coding :/

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    So will the 24 man Palace of Cetriss be considered T5 in difficulty/gear and 12 man Slithering Chaos T4.5 in difficulty/gear?
    That would make sense. Although he did say they were changing the tier system ??? I guess we can only hope for the best there.
    On a side note the pvp part sounds kinda exciting and i dont pvp. I might try some of it though.
    Last edited by Aylis; 1st April 2014 at 18:46.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast