Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

The argument with losses through mergers is a good one. Just because something changes (battlekeeps, guild city spots, names, trader market and prices etc.).

But open pvp is not. Assuming people prefer populated servers over a small "dominated" oligarchy server of course...
    First, if you follow my suggestions everything possible on Fury would be possible on the merged server too.
    Second, there is not really much open pvp left on Fury. This will not change with a merge imo, though. Only a change in the open pvp system can help here. The duelspots are empty. There is no Tortage pvp. 59 and 79 minis are not existing anymore. If you just merge without adding a working consequence system and more stats (like achievements, renown etc.) you might get another temporary boost, that is drained fast and driven off as happened since release.

What might change here, if they can give changing rules or instances with different rulesets, is, that they could actively encourage people to play more between 16 and 80 and work on a consequence system step by step (or gradually make conan harsher as people progress, making each level tier fun and worth to stay at again), instead of grinding pve at 80 for pvp. This can actually work now, with pvp gear revamp and if they add more pvp gear, especially at pvp0-3.

And you have to admit too, that there is a risk or disadvantage, for the open pvp crowd, because people will not be "forced" anymore to play pve in pvp enabled zones. That is why you should give different pve rules there too as well as change the open pvp system to make it more fun for the loosing side. Such a merge would be critical and risky, so these factors have to be tested and thought out thoroughly before making such a move. Far more than just the technical possibility to be considered (one reason why people advertised trying out the different instance rules in addition to normal rules for events or on crom for the pvp quests. If it does not work out as intended, you can easily take back such changes or adjust the rulesets there without changing existing systems and rules people are used to). That's why developing additions instead of replacements is so important imo.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th April 2014 at 05:09.

btw furys highest ranked guild in rankings, has like same score as the lowest of 20 guilds on crom rankings,
    The Law

Default Simple thing

One qestion for GD, is that possible to make dueling mode? It may bring lots of good fun for Crom server where when is no mini you can't get pvp at all (cos when you enter Bori, miners and woodpickers simply run from a place). Other thing that can allow players to practising pvp skills, where mini-games mostly is a slaughter for newbies. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by chelista View Post
    One qestion for GD, is that possible to make dueling mode? It may bring lots of good fun for Crom server where when is no mini you can't get pvp at all (cos when you enter Bori, miners and woodpickers simply run from a place). Other thing that can allow players to practising pvp skills, where mini-games mostly is a slaughter for newbies. Thx
    The arena in Kheshatta and the dueling pit in Khemi allow dueling...are you talking about open world dueling for Crom?

The other border kingdoms (aquilonia, stygia) also have pvp enabled on crom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    The arena in Kheshatta and the dueling pit in Khemi allow dueling...are you talking about open world dueling for Crom?

I'm mean dueling like in WoW where you can ask for duel anyone in everywhere you like. Other thing those dueling pits have no advantage to exist, no quests no rewards and they are extremely hiden (khemi) and no attractive. There shold be public place to watch duelers and posibiliti to bet (game money), AoC is for +18 players anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The other border kingdoms (aquilonia, stygia) also have pvp enabled on crom.

M8 and who is going there?

Quote Originally Posted by chelista View Post
    M8 and who is going there?
    No one because there are no altars there. It would be populated as soon as an event starts there.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    No one because there are no altars there. It would be populated as soon as an event starts there.

Dude, my orginal post was about pvp not about creating another place for happy mining and woodpicking... That's problem of Bori area, peps who diging mats on Crom ussualy don't take a fight on, they juts leave. I don't say they sholud cancel Bori or smth, my intention is to make pvp alive in very easy way, give ppl posibiliti to duel anywhere they wish, by simple option "ask for duel", like in WoW.

Never played WoW, but i can imagine it working so even funcom can include it, like the mini queue...just porting the members of the group to a seperate instance for a certain time. I doubt they can implement it in open world properly.
    Or they summon two invincible duelmobs that "charm" each a duelist...or one of them (depending how charm works).
    With these ways they could "enable" some kind of open pvp, without messing with any instance or server ruleset.

Still, if you want to duel, i see the other border kingdoms completely valid. Or the existing arenas. Only drawback is the interruption (which is kind of needed to avoid fightclubbing) possibility and the renown requirements (for arenas).

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122