Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

I have to admit I'm surprised by the letter in a good way. There's still too much side-project that are left in the depth of darkness (Achievement system ? Hyborian race ? Unchained Minies ? New AA) but heck it's refreshing to have new information to speculate on.

12-Man is cool. PVP festival week on PVE server sounds awesome. I'm still dying because I want the new crafting system to be live because it sounds great, but in overall, pretty nice letter if you ask me. So thanks Joel.

But seriously, want to know more about new AA
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

So will the 24 man Palace of Cetriss be considered T5 in difficulty/gear and 12 man Slithering Chaos T4.5 in difficulty/gear?

"april fools" just kidding, looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I'm also glad to hear that the next raid instance won't be a straight flat tier increase with linear budget increase on gear, i'm hoping to see more alternatives to existing gear.
    Khaitai was supposed to do that:
    - few sets to pick from
    - new stat - critigation
    Hardly surprising 95% of used gear is BB, SC and Tigers. Ok and Yag-Kosha.

So, being optimistic without any details isn't smart when last attempt to make such diversity failed badly.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaqa View Post
    Hmmm interesting. I guess this is the worst possible news for someone like me-pure PvE player, playing soldiers mostly, DT more than anything else. Not only you are bringing permanent open world PvP to Crom thus shutting me effectively from most of the game because I loathe PvP, you are also nerfing/crippling my favorite class beyond playability. On top of that I understand you decided to increase difficulty of Cetriss raid, but gear probably wont be better than Jade Citadel gear?
    On Crom the only place the PVP quests will probably take you is to one of the Border Kingdoms, if you are strictly PVE you never went there anyway. The code changes to activate PVP in the other zones would take longer then 2 months just to test. So why QQ about quests you have no use for?

You read 1 article months before the release of a dungeon and all you can do is cry. Really?

As for a DT it has been OP since VoM was introduced. How does bringing back in line with the rest of the classes make it unplayable? I love playing my DT and going into a field in frenzy and pulling 5 or 6 mobs and walking away at 75% health, where on my sin I would have died in 10 seconds. If the changes to the DT are going to make it unplayable, you never knew how to play it anyway.

Good stuff

Here's my thoughts :

- 4.2 : Daily quests : It's a good move making them cyclic events on PvE servers. I don't know how they will work, if it's some sort of signing up/flag system to prevent pure pve players to be affected negativly during thoses PvP festival weeks.
    - 4.2 : PvP events : Smart changes on the arena of deaths especially for the solo players.
    - Class balance : It's a very hard objective and long process about theses. Players must be aware it's a long-time work and things would be slowed if there's oppositions from players (a.k.a "don't touch my class, plx"). I think most of the class balance works should be make internally.

- Slithering Chaos : I was first happy to see 12-man instances appearing, but kinda wondering why it's a 12-man dungeon and not raid. I'm very doubtful on making a 12-man instance when it's already hard to gather 6 players for some dungeons atm, like Coils or Ai who are very sized instances and thus not making them very popular by the time taken-> rewards (if you consider thoses 12-mans as "dungeon", so the rewards will be dungeon-tied on their power ?).
    The primary goal of suggestions about 12-mans raid was to have a Plan B raid when signups on 24-mans are low. And trust me, it happens way more often than before.

- Cetriss : 6-encounters raid instance. It's a very good news. What was people asked (T5-continuation) without the problem of power and balancing that a new tiers of gear would add. It's a very good news that you started to think about an alternative to powercreep in gear. Players have just to change their mentality about this, tho, and it will be hard cause they use to raid to gain power, crit, and dps.
    But like Hayde said, encounters have to reflect alternatives in gear, so not only DPS is the key to defeat boss, but other things like ressources management (mana, stamina), defense (protection, critigation, constitution, armor), or hit rating. How does new gear can be an viable alternative if old gear (t4, Kithaï) can cover most of the encounters mechanics today ?
    Last edited by Bibik; 1st April 2014 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    So will the 24 man Palace of Cetriss be considered T5 in difficulty/gear and 12 man Slithering Chaos T4.5 in difficulty/gear?
    I think slithering chaos will not be 4.5 dificulty considering that it is logical the last pieces of the dragonspine sets will drop there (head, chest, wrists)

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    1. Raids, Khitai, Dragonspine and Unchained dungeons require being premium. Will new pvp stuff finally require us to subscribe if all post 2.0 pve-inclusive content require to be premium or at least purchase access to it (Turan)?
    Good question. Most PvP players left the game and all these PvP changes mean nothing to the actual subscribers. First of all developers should speed up PvP progression to PvE level to attract new players and PvE folk.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I think slithering chaos will not be 4.5 dificulty considering that it is logical the last pieces of the dragonspine sets will drop there (head, chest, wrists)
    That's true, didn't think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Khaitai was supposed to do that:
    - few sets to pick from
    - new stat - critigation
    Hardly surprising 95% of used gear is BB, SC and Tigers. Ok and Yag-Kosha.

So, being optimistic without any details isn't smart when last attempt to make such diversity failed badly.
    I don't think it was a failure. A lot of people earned several sets for their main toons for situational battles.

I have 3 different sets for conq for example.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast