Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Well the folks who transferred from Fury are precisely in guilds which are able to compete for BKs. So I don't think this is much of an issue. Sure, as a casual player without a strong PvP guild affiliation, I won't be competitive in these events. But (i) it's still nice to have the option, as opposed to nothing, and (ii) the target audience really is people like Sarhal - PvPers who won't transfer back to Fury. I see no good reason not to give them anything, if FC finally does something for PvP.
    "Better than nothing" isn't the kind of argument that will convince me.
    The whole concept of changing the whole server ruleset and how it worked since the beginning for a small portion (ppl who like world pvp) of small portion (pvpers who transfered to Crom cause Fury is empty) of a portion (pvp community) is another false-answer to the problems of this game.

Imagine, as a new player, you chose PvE server and oh, you still have the annoyance to have to avoid some leveling zones cause they are temp PvP ones. I mean, if annoyance and avoidance, it must be for the smaller community, for the exception, for the pvp and not for the PvE which is the MAIN RULESET defining the server you want.

That's pure conjecture. I think most of the people complaining here are way too invested to quit because of this. Of course you could say that my assumption that not many PvEers would quit is also conjecture - that's why people are proposing solutions.
    Most of the players never post here. Especially when they are new (not even counting the biggest part which is F2P). I'm sure this kind of annoyance would be another downside to Age Of Conan, this making people to switch to another MMo (and they would be right doing so)
    Last edited by Bibik; 2nd April 2014 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Drago View Post
    Thats the thing sarhal , one big merge with the option of what zone you want to enter , epic pve ,normal pve ,epic pvp , normal pvp
    they would have to code the entire game and it will take like 5 years but it will be best for everyone i gues
    I doubt it would take 5 years. Basically it already exists. It's just a matter of merging them together and change some flags in the pf files. Epic pvp and normal pvp exists on fury. Quite sure it's just one variable that needs to change enablepvp 1 or 0. Might take a week by one person as it's a copy and paste work unless there's a limit of resources like the servers can't handle 4 different types for each zone. Also it would hurt open world pvp since everyone would prefer to not get killed while questing.

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    oh i mean on pve server, on pvp server there should be no question :P
    misunderstood it , my apologiez
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    "Better than nothing" isn't the kind of argument that will convince me.
    The whole concept of changing the whole server ruleset and how it worked since the beginning for a small portion (ppl who like world pvp) of small portion (pvpers who transfered to Crom cause Fury is empty) of a portion (pvp community) is another false-answer to the problems of this game.

Imagine, as a new player, you chose PvE server and oh, you still have the annoyance to have to avoid some leveling zones cause they are temp PvP ones. I mean, if annoyance and avoidance, it must be for the smaller community, for the exception, for the pvp and not for the PvE which is the MAIN RULESET defining the server you want.

Most of the players never post here. Especially when they are new (not even counting the biggest part which is F2P). I'm sure this kind of annoyance would be another downside to Age Of Conan, this making people to switch to another MMo (and they would be right doing so)
    Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    (and I'd be more worried about scaring lowbie FTPers away from the game, than hardcore PvEers who are very invested in the game and much less likely to quit).
    But if that can be taken care of (for example, by placing the events in the Border Kingdoms, or having PvP playfields for the duration of the events), I still don't see a single argument why this should not be rolled out on Crom.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Can't these events be placed in the resource zones?
    Make the resource nodes drop triple amount and remove the random npc-spawns.
    During 1 week you would have a high risk, high reward resource zone.
    And all raid/unchained instance's would still be safe to approach.

(This could even be on a continous rotation )
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

My god PvE'rs are whiny. All they'd have to do is enable PvP flagging. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    My god PvE'rs are whiny. All they'd have to do is enable PvP flagging. Problem solved.
    Enabling pvp flagging would take years for Funcom.....

I hope that Funcom will find in Palace of Cetriss for T4 craft, and some T4 gear with bonuses or other intresting things.

The only good news for me in this letter is new raid (number of bosses, progression for t4 players - that will bring back many veterans who left this game because they accomplished everything).

I'm not sure if 12 persons dungeon is good option unless it has some good awards, but taking into account that it will be probably similar difficulty as first two DS dungeons and we will probably get missing pieces of Dragon Spine set and some so so accessories or weapons I smell a big fail and instance being empty after few weeks of hype. I hope I'm wrong and it will go on raid planner of most guilds

Crafting looks still many months away. That single thing would attract many players and keep them busy for months so you better hurry with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I'd also like to point out that most PvE'ers avoid PvP not because of the gameplay, but because of the part of the population mainly attracted by such activity.
    Negative Ghostrider.

Most pvers are not as "good", as far as movement, when fighting unscripted humans. It is much easier to fight mobs that do the same thing over and over, especialy when you keyboard turn.

AoC has the best combat system, which when pvping, really shines. Better movement and skill is rewarded, whereas the pve you can stand and spam like most other mmorpgs.

No offense to any pver, as if you like the stand and spam pve,it is available, more power to you. BUT, to say the pvers don't like pv because of attitudes, is asinine and erroneous. I have seen, been involved with, and watched, many bad attitudes in pve as well.

I mean, if you were used to fighting a mob that stood still and yu knew what it was gonna do, then this person that litteraly runs circles arounf you, that you can't hit, and have no idea what to do, of course you wouldn't like it. You would have to actually learn a new way to play, I mean, come o...

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast