Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by angrybarb View Post
    the pvp'ers ****ed themselves over long time ago, now they reap what they sowed, dead servers. Let them rot i say!

/100000

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Imagine, as a new player, you chose PvE server and oh, you still have the annoyance to have to avoid some leveling zones cause they are temp PvP ones. I mean, if annoyance and avoidance, it must be for the smaller community, for the exception, for the pvp and not for the PvE which is the MAIN RULESET defining the server you want.

Most of the players never post here. Especially when they are new (not even counting the biggest part which is F2P). I'm sure this kind of annoyance would be another downside to Age Of Conan, this making people to switch to another MMo (and they would be right doing so)
    i think bibik nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Negative Ghostrider.

Most pvers are not as "good", as far as movement, when fighting unscripted humans. It is much easier to fight mobs that do the same thing over and over, especialy when you keyboard turn.

AoC has the best combat system, which when pvping, really shines. Better movement and skill is rewarded, whereas the pve you can stand and spam like most other mmorpgs.

No offense to any pver, as if you like the stand and spam pve,it is available, more power to you. BUT, to say the pvers don't like pv because of attitudes, is asinine and erroneous. I have seen, been involved with, and watched, many bad attitudes in pve as well.

I mean, if you were used to fighting a mob that stood still and yu knew what it was gonna do, then this person that litteraly runs circles arounf you, that you can't hit, and have no idea what to do, of course you wouldn't like it. You would have to actually learn a new way to play, I mean, come o...
    Another stupid myth about skill and keyboard turning. Keyboard turning is gimped, because the engine says so, period. It has nothing to do with skill, if you choose an easymode control or the latest bug or exploit.

If we take latency out of the equation you have a point, but again you can hit strafing people as well with keyboard as with instaturning, when practiced. But again, this method is NOT favored by the engine when combined with latency. What is rewarded is knowledge of the engine weaknesses, especially when it comes to hitboxes, range and such. If you ever played a game like mount and blade or other skillbased combat systems (not a fast paced shooter), you should agree.

I fully agree about practice and kiting targets though. Gameplay is a lot different in a pvp environment or a pve one. Even the pve is different, because you tend to save up bubbles and ccs for a sudden ambush.

And yes, Bibik nailed it
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd April 2014 at 15:14.

i don't want pvp adventure zones on crom, or if you enable this, put it on a 3rd choice in the normal/epic instance selection. i want to travel safe in any adventure zone on a pve server.
    Last edited by Cappa; 2nd April 2014 at 15:26.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    My god PvE'rs are whiny. All they'd have to do is enable PvP flagging. Problem solved.
    PVE'ers are whiny?

It is a PVE server, has been from day one. Now the PVP crowd comes to the server just to get where there is a population to support mini games and now they want to turn it into the sink hole they left.

The PVE'ers would not have said a word if the PVP events all stayed on the PVP servers.

Really PVP'ers hav been whining about PVP for years. I have said it before, they do need some love and they do need more content. But not on the PVE servers.

It wont work unless it's structured and controlled better than the previous systems. If there is no change then its just the same rehashed super fail system.

We have already seen Sieges and Bori. The Zerg wins.
    This new content wont be any different unless it has some control systems.

World boss on pvp server fails too - people pve the world boss, pvpers turn up and have lots of fun. But they have fun at the pve-ers expense - bad control systems and bad game systems. I'm guessing this is the "cancelled pvp boss" that we all complained about on these forums and then you scrubbed it. It's made it's way in somehow lol.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    World boss on pvp server fails too - people pve the world boss, pvpers turn up and have lots of fun. But they have fun at the pve-ers expense - bad control systems and bad game systems. I'm guessing this is the "cancelled pvp boss" that we all complained about on these forums and then you scrubbed it. It's made it's way in somehow lol.
    I cannot disagree more. WB works very well. It's fun and has brought world pvp to live again.I dont mind the ganking during world boss event, it only spices up the fun.

I agree, tho
    Just put some goddamn flagging system or PVE-only instance. Like by default these week, it's open pvp fest except for the one who explicitly flag for PVE/switch instance.

PVE player don't always choose PVE server because they hate PVP, in fact many do like it a bit (mini, arena, whatever); it just because they doesn't want it constant or doesn't want it to be the major part of their game experience.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

PvP on a PvE server, why not, if noone is forced into it. It's not like ALL players on Crom are only in PvE, there are people who like to enjoy both types of gameplay.

But I'm not a fan of open PvP in areas for lowbie-leveling.Only toons at max level,80, will be competitive in this pvp-quests, so there is no point in placing this quests in low areas.

I'm not concerned about veterans (whats the last time you were in wild lands^^?), but about new players. They will not know where to go instead. And if there is no warning ingame (or the oportunity to chose if you are about to enter an open pvp zone) then a lot of new players will be p***** and/or leave the game because they get ganked by 80is. After all they choosed a pve sever on purpose.

Is it to hard to create pvp enabled instances and at the same time pvp disabled instances of the same area? Or do you need pvers as hunting targets for the pvpers?

I don't want to be forced into pvp myself while trying to reach a dungeon or raid instance. I choosed pve, I don't like pvp, I choosed the right server that fits my playstile. If someone wants to pvp on Crom, fine, let him, give him areas I don't have to enter.

I don't understand the poll or why there is even thinking about the areas...there are three areas which will have no purpose in the future once the crafting revamp hits live...

Quote Originally Posted by miamie View Post
    PVE'ers are whiny?

It is a PVE server, has been from day one. Now the PVP crowd comes to the server just to get where there is a population to support mini games and now they want to turn it into the sink hole they left.

The PVE'ers would not have said a word if the PVP events all stayed on the PVP servers.

Really PVP'ers hav been whining about PVP for years. I have said it before, they do need some love and they do need more content. But not on the PVE servers.
    but the pve:ers would said a word if they only had yakhmar as only raid, palace + flame + vortex as only dungeons, and only thing funcom do is to make it more simple and boring ----->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

would u be whiny and quit game? i think yes. u know why pve server is bigger now? .. well just read what I writed before, cant be hard to understand even for pve:Er like u
    The Law

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast