Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    4. pvp popup before zoning (same as epic)
    This and only this, it'd be stupid for pvp events to be in border kingdoms only, let them be anywhere but with an option to have a pve instance available for those who want to avoid pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    It just like doing PVE content on a PVP server where they would lock down two PVP zones for PVE only just for one week. It makes no sense.
    I like where you going Open pvp on crom (no matter if made safe way or not) = no pvp in instances with world bosses on fury and rage. It's just 1-2 zones for one week and pvpers can find place for open world pvp somewhere else. Let pvers on pvp servers farm pve content in peace!
    Last edited by bogus; 2nd April 2014 at 10:34.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    This and only this, it'd be stupid for pvp events to be in border kingdoms only, let them be anywhere but with an option to have a pve instance available for those who want to avoid pvp.
    if this is possible then they can just merge FURY and CROM in one big server and everyone is happy

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    I like where you going Open pvp on crom (no matter if made safe way or not) = no pvp in instances with world bosses on fury and rage. It's just 1-2 zones for one week and pvpers can find there spot to open world pvp somwhere else. Let pvers on pvp serwers farm pve content in peace!
    just LOL

Its so funny to read all this comments and how people like to force others, some want force PvPe'rs move to Fury (no ty no community there) by disabling new events on Crom, some want force pve'rs to pvp which either no wai idea, and so on. AoC community as it is just sad again :/

Why so hard be consensual where always supereasy resolving options are existing? Like running pvp events in pure pvp zones on Crom (e.g. CE, Kush, AQ End) or either adding new zone type like PvP one when u entering zone next to Normal and Epic options (imo best decision).

The last things aoc community needs is being splitted.

In general letter gave goods heads up for upcomming stuff, nice info about raids. Hope u will just manage to preserve this new 12 men instance from emptyness.
    Cripples gonna cripple

updated post from before

Quote Originally Posted by D-Drago View Post
    Why dont you run a poll for it funcom , just ask 4 questions

1. Yes for both servers ( like GD letter says )
    2. Only keep the pvp events for Fury
    3. Yes for both but only in the already known pvp zones on Crom
    4. pvp popup before zoning (same as epic)

Make this poll let everyone vote , then the community can decide what it is they want

just LOL
    I'm just following sugarspice logic

I don't see difference between:

About pvp events on Crom: I just don't see what the problem is. ITS TWO ZONES for one week, just don't go there if you don't want to PVP.

About pve events on Fury/Rage: I just don't see what the problem is. ITS TWO ZONES for one week, just don't go there if you want to PVP.
    Last edited by bogus; 2nd April 2014 at 10:45.
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Its so funny to read all this comments and how people like to force others, some want force PvPe'rs move to Fury (no ty no community there) by disabling new events on Crom, some want force pve'rs to pvp which either no wai idea, and so on. AoC community as it is just sad again :/

Why so hard be consensual where always supereasy resolving options are existing? Like running pvp events in pure pvp zones on Crom (e.g. CE, Kush, AQ End) or either adding new zone type like PvP one when u entering zone next to Normal and Epic options (imo best decision).

The last things aoc community needs is being splitted.

In general letter gave goods heads up for upcomming stuff, nice info about raids. Hope u will just manage to preserve this new 12 men instance from emptyness.
    Thats the thing sarhal , one big merge with the option of what zone you want to enter , epic pve ,normal pve ,epic pvp , normal pvp
    they would have to code the entire game and it will take like 5 years but it will be best for everyone i gues

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It won't work like this. TL events proved that the only thing that matters in open world is strenght of numbers (implying the power of your guild, if it able to bring more pvpers to your side). So only guilds who have a decent pvp playerbase + alliance (the same who can keep a Battlekeep atm) can compete in this. Players from theses guilds won't transfer to Fury when their guild and their alliance are stronger on Crom, so they will prefer to dominate events 1 week per month on Crom instead of having to struggle against Fury's guilds.
    Path of least resistance, same story as Bori (failure) and Sieges (failure).
    Well the folks who transferred from Fury are precisely in guilds which are able to compete for BKs. So I don't think this is much of an issue. Sure, as a casual player without a strong PvP guild affiliation, I won't be competitive in these events. But (i) it's still nice to have the option, as opposed to nothing, and (ii) the target audience really is people like Sarhal - PvPers who won't transfer back to Fury. I see no good reason not to give them anything, if FC finally does something for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    And the idea of enabling World pvp on Crom, yeah, good thing if ya want to lose more subbers.
    That's pure conjecture. I think most of the people complaining here are way too invested to quit because of this. Of course you could say that my assumption that not many PvEers would quit is also conjecture - that's why people are proposing solutions.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Thats the thing sarhal , one big merge with the option of what zone you want to enter , epic pve ,normal pve ,epic pvp , normal pvp
    they would have to code the entire game and it will take like 5 years but it will be best for everyone i gues
    I agree on that it make no sense to have population split and declining any sort of content to any of the servers.Many people from Crom like to pvp and many people from fury like to pve but its unlikely anyone will move completely from one to another unless its a whole guild that moves.So the best solution will be at some point make the merge and let ppl enjoy both sides of the coin.
    Last edited by zeuss; 2nd April 2014 at 10:53.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    But (i) it's still nice to have the option, as opposed to nothing.
    Placing that events in Border Kingdoms is also an option. They are there on PvE servers for a reason. Those zones were quite popular back in time as duel spots. Before clowns noticed that kill hunting on minis when they can leave any time to prevent dying is more beneficial for their precious stats.
    Last edited by bogus; 2nd April 2014 at 11:04.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast