Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=188116

I took that to mean different instance. Perhaps they could clarify.
    No offence, but, how on earth could you gather that they'd be doing seperate instances from that post? It implicitly states exactly the opposite.

I just want to get the logic of this down, so correct me if I'm wrong; the population of the pvp servers is down and everyone moved to Crom... a pvE server. So, mini games, border kingdoms, sieges, they all should be decently populated, right? Except they're not. Ok, so the servers are empty, the specific pvp activities are empty, so obviously the thing to do is... lockdown an entire zone on a pvE server, and force it to be pvp. Forget quest chains for dungeons, levelling in your favorite zone, too bad. Its now pvp for a week.

The answer to reinvigorating pvp is to force it on... pve? Makes absolutely no sense... none. Unless by "reinvigorate" what you really mean is "throw the small group of pvp'ers a bone and let them ninja gank unsuspecting and clueless carebears, who have no pvp experience or gear, for the first 2 days any of them would be curious about the event, after which the entire zone will be empty of any people doing ANYTHING, because of the pve avoiding the zone, and the lack of pvp'ers".

I think the true reason that push devs to put this open world pvp content on Crom is because the new pvp set is linked to it. So you can't exactly have a server without any chance to get this new token while having the new set at vendors.

This is the main reason, if that new pvp tiers is not tied to new open world content, they could put it on Rage & Fury without a problem (except excess QQ from open world pvper who are sitting on Crom for various reasons).

In the other hand, they have to find an answer to the logical problem : how can introduce open pvp in a PVE ruleset server. gl Cirith

Oh God stop crying , sometimes its no matter what developers do , people do always complain.

White Sands Isle
    Kheshatta
    The Gateway to Khitai
    Khopsheff Province
    Tarantia Commons District

these are the areas where the pvp festival will take place during this one week per month.

At lvl80 you have no business in 3 of those areas anyway .
    if you are low lvl then there are alternatives so please stop QQing specially when you dont even know yet if there are 2 instances or not

Oh ok... you're right. If people don't wanna level in white sands, they can find an alternative. Where are the other 1-20 zones again?

And the other things are' firstly, you don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to pvp... on a PVE server. None, really. You have your server, and you're welcome to it... see ya.

Second, the reason we have this problem is because of PVP crying, in the first place!

Setting aside ANY pve zone strictly for pvp, especially when we already have designated pvp zones, is horse ****... plain and simple. I don't mind devs doing new stuff, when it makes sense and is fair. When its not, expect backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by 1jqqijgg View Post
    Oh ok... you're right. If people don't wanna level in white sands, they can find an alternative. Where are the other 1-20 zones again?

And the other things are' firstly, you don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to pvp... on a PVE server. None, really. You have your server, and you're welcome to it... see ya.

Second, the reason we have this problem is because of PVP crying, in the first place!

Setting aside ANY pve zone strictly for pvp, especially when we already have designated pvp zones, is horse ****... plain and simple. I don't mind devs doing new stuff, when it makes sense and is fair. When its not, expect backlash.
    do you really think funcom makes just one instance and let the lowbies run through the lvl 80 pvp arena ? please wait and see before complaining

Did you read what the dev himself said? There's a link up there. It specifically said that those zones would be enabled world wide for open pvp. He never mentioned once instancing pvp, and gave a specific statement affirming the exact opposite of that very notion.

And complaining is done AFTER something has gone in effect. This is an emphatic, proactive statement of dissent.

Also, i'd like to emphasize the fact that I would totally be just fine with a pvp only instance... as long as you get the choice. No harm, no foul, and everyone can be happy. I'd even like to see all the servers merged under just such a scenario!

This way even pvp'ers can bounce over to the pve side, and broaden grouping pools.

As long as the people who joined a pve server can pve in peace.

I'm very happy with these PVP updates, however, I hope not but I'm afraid they are coming too late.

The Fury server is definitively domed if they don't implement fast the cross server technology (3rd phase).
    Even if they give this pvp update only to Fury and If they allow free transfers again for a short period, people will not come to Fury and Fury may lose even more players.
    People may think that it would be the last opportunity to move to an healthy server where they can actually play most of the content (pvp and pve) the game has to offer.
    Its not wise to pay for this expensive game and stay in an empty server.
    I didn't move to Crom in the last free transfers opportunity and I've ended in a dead guild, and in a dead server.

So I think the only thing that actually could save Fury is making not only these updates, but also implementing the 3rd phase of the crossserver technology and allowing free transfers again (with the possibility of doing it on both directions with each char).

If they allowed us to transfer each char from one serve to another and to return to the previous server (if we found that the server was not what we were expecting), people would not be afraid of doing a bad move and Fury would have a chance to survive.

I like all the content the game has to offer:
    - open world pvp (solo and team based)
    - minigames (pugs and premades)
    - sieges
    - raids
    - 6men and 12men dungeons
    - Guilds conflict and competition (pve and pvp)
    - questing (only in open world pvp areas)
    - solo and team based pvp events.
    - solo and team based pve events (mainly if they happen on open world pvp areas)

Since I pay for this game I should be able to do all of these. But the problem is that I can't do all of these in any of the existent severs. These pvp updates and the cross server technology 3rd phase could give me the possibility of doing it.
    Last edited by talizen; 7th April 2014 at 02:16.

yeah you are right talizen. i am also looking forward to crossserver technology , but i think about this was already spoken 1 year ago.
    Another thing that gives me hope is that FC will be working on ps4 and Xbox One version of age of conan .

About wild geese : well i have had some fights with your guild , but no need to call it dead yet .
    The population is still high enough to do dungeons with your guild , at least at the weekend.
    Wild geese used to be very strong , dont let another guild, which has been existing for so long, die

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    [...]
    This game has a mix of snotnosed kids who do whatever just because no one is gonna come and smash their little head in, and some adult psychos that i never wanna meet.

The Pvp'ers ****ed themselves over long time ago, now they reap what they sowed, dead servers. Let them rot i say!
    Although I use to PvP a lot, I completely have to agree with u on this topic! The attitude of most of the PvP crowd is just disgusting and has scared LOTS of people away who prolly would've enjoyed PvP otherwise!

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengel View Post
    Although I use to PvP a lot, I completely have to agree with u on this topic! The attitude of most of the PvP crowd is just disgusting and has scared LOTS of people away who prolly would've enjoyed PvP otherwise!

Well said.
    Agreed. I blame the players. It's definitely their fault this game failed.