Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

Patch 4.2 - 42. 42? The meaning of life.

These days I'm trying to find a reason for renewing my sub which runs out in a few months. Putting pvp on Crom's open zones is not really helping.

I mean, this is my first mmo, i tried others later but I have never seen such shitty behavior in online games before i came to AOC and aencountered the pvp'ers. I even got real life threats from a pvp'er in aoc. And I played several online pvp games like shooters and stuff. Never saw this shitty bahvior before.

This game has a mix of snotnosed kids who do whatever just because no one is gonna come and smash their little head in, and some adult psychos that i never wanna meet.

The Pvp'ers ****ed themselves over long time ago, now they reap what they sowed, dead servers. Let them rot i say!
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I like the idea of pvp events on Crom, hopefully only in the 3 border kingdoms. But for those who QQ about they shouldn't have it at all, then fury/rage shouldn't have any raids or instances. It's the same thing, removes lots of content, both loose on it.

And if it wasn't for this text i'm about to write i'd get so many replies. GUISE I LIEK DE IDEA OF NO INSTAN OR REIJD ON PVP SERVUR

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Let's face it, if it's too complicated for some random monkey to complete it, there's no way you'll be able to pug it, so a 12-man version of coil is doomed to fail, no matter what.
    It'll be dead content.
    Yup. Its a bad idea. I presume this instance will be difficult and it wont be possible to carry useless clowns through it. It already is hard to even start a 6-man group for harder dungeons run nowadays. Now imagine to fill 12 spots with decent people you can count on...
    And I dont really want this to end up on guild raidplanners.

PvP world stuff: As long as I have the option to enter the playfield in PvE mode without being bothered by PvP crowd, I dont really care.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Yup. Its a bad idea. I presume this instance will be difficult and it wont be possible to carry useless clowns through it. It already is hard to even start a 6-man group for harder dungeons run nowadays. Now imagine to fill 12 spots with decent people you can count on...
    And I dont really want this to end up on guild raidplanners.
    Aye, but let's not be so negative. I think it must be rebalanced to be 12-man raid instead of dungeon, with the adequate reward and difficulty. It's not the size the problem, just being a dungeon with this size i think. If it's could be a raid, it would be better appealing for people and guilds.

PvP world stuff: As long as I have the option to enter the playfield in PvE mode without being bothered by PvP crowd, I dont really care.
    I'm still disappointed on the decision to fvkp up the server ruleset, which is the only thing that could not be tweaked. How does a new player who will end up in a pvp instance on Crom will take this ? "Hey, it was marked as PvE server and i got ganked ? Wtf is this game when even they lies about server ruleset ?". Not a good way to improve Funcom and AoC reputation...

to save some coding work, just use the very same script for the PvP Festival Event as it´s now used for world boss events.. having both events spawning at the same time and in the same place would make it a lot easier to remember for the crowds..

aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

I hope that the open world pvp-part event for Crom is at best a bad "april fools" - joke even that is only for a week. Will this be one week a month? If so, then another week of the month that kind of destroy normal play. We have the world boss week that do that as we speak.

As others have already mentioned earlier in this thred is that Crom is first and foremost a pve-server and if you want to do pvp you should have to be active to engage in pvp-activities. Ex signing up for minis and sieges.

I dont understand why all pvp-ers flee Fury in the first place if they want to have an open world pvp-ruleset. (yeah, yeah pvp-ers want to do T4-raids)

Crom's events should last 1 week or 5 days. Only on the three border kingdoms. While on fury it could be 1-5 times a day. Faster pve gear and progression on crom, while its faster pvp gear and progression on fury.

so much drama for NOTHING its one week of a month and most likely it will be a zone YOU RARELY VISIT except khessata and you whining like it will be so gamebreaking.Cirith already post that he is looking a way so you CAN EVEN PORT to your instance AVOIDING PVP in that area that is active,but nono you need to whine and bring drama,although they already looking for a way to satisfy both sides.

And I have to tell you that in pvp events on test live I saw more ppl from crom testing these events than people from fury.And for opinions from people who saying that these events should be only on fury,then delete all the pve gear and close all instances and raids on fury and then you can remove all pvp from crom and then lets see the results.

Accept how things are getting implemented and cut the drama since noone is forcing you to pvp or anything,I know for sure that these events will get a nice and warm welcome in crom from many players judging by the multiple non stop minigames running all day long lately.
    Last edited by zeuss; 2nd April 2014 at 09:26.
    IVORY TOWER

Good letter!

I like the idea of having PvP events on Crom as well. Strong-arming people to either transfer to Fury or miss out completely doesn't strike me as a good idea, in particular as quite a few PvPers recently transfered from Fury to Crom. So FC's plans make a lot of sense: give people a taste of the new PvP content on Crom - and if they want to do this more regularly, they can always transfer to Fury.

In terms of the "risk" of ganking in PvE enabled zones on Crom, personally I am not overly worried - but if it is a concern, the best solution would be separate PvP playfields with the Fury ruleset. If that is difficult to implement, it would probably make sense to limit the events to the Border Kingdoms. Fast travel options for Unchained dungeons, as mentioned by CG, might make things easier for HM farming, but they don't help people who are levelling in the lowbie zones (and I'd be more worried about scaring lowbie FTPers away from the game, than hardcore PvEers who are very invested in the game and much less likely to quit).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast