Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    I won't be as long this (or at least reward system) won't be premium content. Let's give pvp'ers some incentive to pay since with tokens exchange opportunity they don't need to be idiots chasing boxes for campaign trophies or pay for borii access. I bet they all would love that.

It's quite not fair when best possible pvp gear is in f2p player reach, when pve is not.

In less (?) trolling mode. Let's wait for cross server tech with this.

I agree with you.

good things. BUT DON'T FORGET unchained mini-games and the new mini-game map.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    Don't forget about the F2P people. They have no idea about this as of yet. They can't even access the general forums unless I am mistaken. Also they can't even read Global chat in the game. It's a horrible f2p model, but that's a broken record, right?

SO, unless the f2p base is WELL AWARE of what is going on, you are going to have tons of upset people zoning into a pvp zone while on a pve server.

Mixing pvp and pve is a dangerous thing to play with. I hope you bring your safety glasses.

Edit: Oh yeah, don't forget about the week long "global chat pvp poo-sling" this will be. A pvp chat channel would be nice if it would even get used. Pvpers do show others the utmost respect so I'm sure they would!
    f2p can read any forum they just cant wirte

*yelling*
    Give us a update on Server cross technology. 3rd phase? Gone? Incompetence? . . .
    My opinion on new letter: Dont write one again if u cant say +++t.
    Pls.
    All future stuff without any nearly fixed date.
    Im not surprised btw.
    Last edited by Filter3; 2nd April 2014 at 01:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    This is why PVPers ultimately get ignored in MMOs. They can't be satisfied.
    u got that right league of legends isnt classified as an mmo, because monkeys play that stuff.

bro, pvp games require the least content
    +PvP players= biggest online community
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 2nd April 2014 at 01:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    This doesn't bring the PVP community together
    aye

/tens

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    Their choise of zones seem a bit strange to me.. common district and gateway to kithai why there? why not coast of ardashir, one of the most beatiful zones in game. Dragonspine is nice too. There are better alternatives to the ones Funcom have chosen imo.
    i like seeing these zones in free to play areas,subbies will have the edge in those i areas i trust

On second thought, that 12-man group instance is most likely going to be deserted quite fast.

Let's face it, if it's too complicated for some random monkey to complete it, there's no way you'll be able to pug it, so a 12-man version of coil is doomed to fail, no matter what.
    It'll be dead content.

As for the PvP enabled zones on Crom, i must say i'm surprised Funcom even thinks of it as a good idea.
    I mean, some people actually think that providing fun to PvP'ers in the form of PvE players free to gank is a nice move ?

I'm sure gankers do.

I'd like to remind Funcom the reaction TSW PvE'ers had when they had to go into Funsang to kill the lunar golem. It has been a shiatstorm, which is normal, PvE'ers don't like being handed as free food.

I'd also like to point out that most PvE'ers avoid PvP not because of the gameplay, but because of the part of the population mainly attracted by such activity.
    Most of us just despise the griefing, hard feelings, insults and all the crap that usually PvP'ers enjoy.
    We play to have a relaxed fun time, but it's not possible with PvP'ers around, most of them are unfortunately just scum.

Default A Pve trying to whine as the usual pvper ( that will be a fail ofc)

A few thoughts from a player who left AoC pvp a while ago (1.05)

First, I don't care about f2p players not able to access content I paid with my subscription, even more if that is Pvp .

Second, I don't want to have limited access to content I paid, because of open Pvp happening on a Pve server. If Pvp player want open world pvp, go fury or rage or border kingdom but don't bother the Pve community with your pvp.
    I do hope that even during the pvp festival, PVe only instance will be accessible.

If f2p was meant to let people taste AoC let them access everything but with no loot at all

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    This is why PVPers ultimately get ignored in MMOs. They can't be satisfied.
    well not really, satisfied? how could pvp:ers be? what we get IN PVP GAME in 6 years? 1 crap , bugged and exploitable mini game only playable with ranged class or soldier, THATS RIGHT.

they do nothing but break and take from pvp , and yet u comment like that.

and the reason why this game with so much potential is dEAD because they focused on pve, get that right
    The Law

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast