Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    It's NOT fine. It's PVP content that PVPers are finally getting and you, a PVEr, give your PVE opinion to "stick it" on the side so it doesn't mess up your PVE.

THAT IS THE POINT! Keep it away from people like you.
    You are right in that PvP content if for PvPers. Which implies it should stay only on PvP servers where PvPers are supposed to play and pure PvEers hold no sway.

I'm still in favor of it the way it has been described.

what's with the zones picked? nothing from cimmeria (we have to try to vote one in), and all of those zones are the best, and most interesting in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by miamie View Post
    Glad to see only your opinion counts.

In reality I am very please to see the PVP'ers getting some love, just keep it to the PVP server or the PVP zones.

As some have said 7 days a month may not be game braking for them, but that is there opinion. Every player is entitled to their opinion. And every player is entitled to play the game they want to play it. Forcing people is game braking, and if they mess it up by the second month they may not even have enough population left on the server to support anything.
    Do you think a massive amount of people will leave because one zone is dedicated to pvp for one week ?

I totally understand the argument of "more choice is better, hence do not force, give choice". Really, I do. So really, I can understand people searching for a solution, like optional flagging or something. But in all seriousness, Hyboria is big, zone will be know in advance. It's not like they were making all the game go full open-world PVP during that week. It's just one area, one week. I seriously doubt it would drove massive amount of people away, come on. Especially since it's often either zone that you barely visit anymore with your 80 (Kopshef, Gateway, possibly Thunder River or Wild lands) OR zone that have alternative level in the same bracket if you're still leveling.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    This is why PVPers ultimately get ignored in MMOs. They can't be satisfied.
    And PVErs can be satisfied? How long until you get bored of clicking on the same pixel boss over and over and start to ask for MORE PVE content???

The point is: Keep PVP content on the PVP servers, don't start mixing it up with the PVE server. Especially since this GD attempt is to do "open world" PVP on and in PVE server/zones. See the logic there? I don't.
    Last edited by Brazza; 1st April 2014 at 21:56.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Do you think a massive amount of people will leave because one zone is dedicated to pvp for one week ?

I totally understand the argument of "more choice is better, hence do not force, give choice". Really, I do. So really, I can understand people searching for a solution, like optional flagging or something. But in all seriousness, Hyboria is big, zone will be know in advance. It's not like they were making all the game go full open-world PVP during that week. It's just one area, one week. I seriously doubt it would drove massive amount of people away, come on. Especially since it's often either zone that you barely visit anymore with your 80 (Kopshef, Gateway, possibly Thunder River or Wild lands) OR zone that have alternative level in the same bracket if you're still leveling.
    With a very healthy game population you are right. Only a few will be hard core enough, or feed up enough to call it quits. But with today's population it will only take a few to take a guild that is able to raid weekly to one that can no longer field enough to keep a solid core.

And like I said before, the PVP'ers are over due for some new activities. But to get it for them Funcom is throwing the PVE'ers to them, something like feeding the guppies to the Oscar....

And if that is Funcom's solution to the PVP problem it won't last.
    Last edited by miamie; 1st April 2014 at 22:36.

I just don't see what the problem is. ITS TWO ZONES for one week, just don't go there if you don't want to PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I just don't see what the problem is. ITS TWO ZONES for one week, just don't go there if you don't want to PVP.

The approach is the problem and not two zones being activated for open world PVP for one week. It should never be done on the PVE server at all.

It just like doing PVE content on a PVP server where they would lock down two PVP zones for PVE only just for one week. It makes no sense.

This game has had PVE Content for what 4+ years and now finally when PVP content is starting to trickle in it's dropped into a PVE server.

This doesn't bring the PVP community together and it looks like it's not making the PVE community too happy either.

See what I'm saying.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Their choise of zones seem a bit strange to me.. common district and gateway to kithai why there? why not coast of ardashir, one of the most beatiful zones in game. Dragonspine is nice too. There are better alternatives to the ones Funcom have chosen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    The intention is that the zones selected all have alternatives within the same level bracket where anyone who wishes to completely avoid all PvP for this week can go to level etc...
    Don't forget about the F2P people. They have no idea about this as of yet. They can't even access the general forums unless I am mistaken. Also they can't even read Global chat in the game. It's a horrible f2p model, but that's a broken record, right?

SO, unless the f2p base is WELL AWARE of what is going on, you are going to have tons of upset people zoning into a pvp zone while on a pve server.

Mixing pvp and pve is a dangerous thing to play with. I hope you bring your safety glasses.

Edit: Oh yeah, don't forget about the week long "global chat pvp poo-sling" this will be. A pvp chat channel would be nice if it would even get used. Pvpers do show others the utmost respect so I'm sure they would!
    Last edited by kinlock; 1st April 2014 at 23:35.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast