Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: World Bosses: collated data.

Boss is stupid atm and only thing fun with it is to use an army of Rocknoses pets to interrupt its casts.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Funcom should change the World Boss particle effects to world particles. I can't see the particles unless I have chosen to display everything. Which makes it look like a nuclear explotion of colors, and unless the player has a powerful computer it's gonna be low fps or crashes even.
    You do not need any particles except those world ones. I set my particles to NONE and the golden aura (retributive damage) was always perfectly visible. No other particles needed there.
    Kejml aka Lordgraa - ToS legend from Blackscar server and Thoth Amon`s best friend =o)

Quote Originally Posted by Kejml View Post
    You do not need any particles except those world ones. I set my particles to NONE and the golden aura (retributive damage) was always perfectly visible. No other particles needed there.
    The retributive damage should scale with incoming damage. Getting hit for 4k because a ranger does a white hit shot is ridicolous. Also it is deadly for lower levels. My lowbie DT had trouble to even get the buff with the new mechanics (worst off seem dotting classes on low level).

Is there a Game of Thrones fan between the devs? Cause the damage shield is called "What is dead may never die" = Season 2 Episode 3 title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOAZYjTJ1Ms

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Is there a Game of Thrones fan between the devs? Cause the damage shield is called "What is dead may never die" = Season 2 Episode 3 title

Possibly Cirith?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-11EWGnujSY...00/075ca9a.jpg
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post

Isn't that actually a Lovecraft quote that was quoted in Game of Thrones?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Isn't that actually a Lovecraft quote that was quoted in Game of Thrones?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die..

The GoT quote isn't exact but in essence means the same thing and a brief glance at the stories behind each quote gives the impression that there is some *borrowing* going on there. But I'm not really knowledgeable about Lovecraft lore and haven't watched anything on TV in years so I could be wrong.

I invented a new word today btw, plagiarism.

Crab boss is neat imo. Have to actually sorta almost pay attention. The downside is that's too much trouble for most so they just hit it once then afk so fights take forever. My first experience with said boss was as a ToS, immediately casting idol, storm field, storm crown and aura of nebthu as per usual. Talk about holy wtfbbq when that retributive shield went up...

https://youtu.be/Fbp66zbvPrQ
    Last edited by Raeil; 3rd April 2015 at 03:42. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die..

The GoT quote isn't exact but in essence means the same thing and a brief glance at the stories behind each quote gives the impression that there is some *borrowing* going on there. But I'm not really knowledgeable about Lovecraft lore and haven't watched anything on TV in years so I could be wrong.

I invented a new word today btw, plagiarism.

Crab boss is neat imo. Have to actually sorta almost pay attention. The downside is that's too much trouble for most so they just hit it once then afk so fights take forever. My first experience with said boss was as a ToS, immediately casting idol, storm field, storm crown and aura of nebthu as per usual. Talk about holy wtfbbq when that retributive shield went up...

https://youtu.be/Fbp66zbvPrQ
    Problem is, that you can not have such mechanics (oneshotting and forced kiting) and also have the useless 70m rule for quest updates and such in place. It was already used by raids on fury to completely lock out whole other raids from getting rewards at all and the map favours this abusive behaviour (was similar last year). For example if there are two instances and two raids, the more powerful one can easily take over an already wounded boss and lock out the whole other raid with current ruleset. Similar there can be two competing raid and both attack all other "reds" (making it impossible for even neutrals or lowbies to get close to the boss. If there is group pvp, raidmembers tend to "shoot first and ask later"). Some might still get the buff and stay dead then, but they do neither contribute in pvp and pve then. Those that are active and defend or attack are both likely to miss out on wb rewards.
    Solution would be to make it easier to get the buff (at least on pvp servers), keep the rule for the purple boxes maybe, but disable or increase the range from 70m to unlimited or at least A LOT more, so kiting the boss away is not easy (this will keep the active people motivated to ress and fight when boss health is not too low). You would be less annoyed and more willing to fight, when you know it will not be wasted in the end or "the bad guys" can block you completely. Solution here might also be a cooldown on being able to change instances after a wb kill...but i know the outcry from a pve server will be huge (though even there it might help to even out the chances to get wb kills for the whole population and reduce traffic lag and crashes at resspads)

Thanks to that 70m rule it is also common that dead people miss out the earned loot on both servers, if kiting is involved. 70m really is not much in this regard. And the boss tends to be kited a lot when there is pvp fighting or retributive damage/bubbles involved. It locks out dead people from all sides fighting around the boss, not just the attacking ones this way (you tend to overlook boss health, if you are fighting and chances are to ress and run at the wrong time). Here it should be enough, if a player had the wb buff recently and range should not matter (and when there is a cooldown to change instances, there is no more motivation to use it "to be the first on ress and in another instance" too).

I agree that the mechanics force you to keep watching, but to be more fun, the health could be reduced slightly. Otherwise it just gets artificially prolonged. The solution to your afk problem is also to remove the 70m rule. Believe it or not, if you know you will not miss out on the update when you ress up and rejoin the fray, you will actually do this and keep fighting instead of lying dead on the ground!
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 3rd April 2015 at 06:43.

I like the boss, it keeps you on your toes on some classes, but the balance is way off the chart. For a (even crappy geared) guard, it's a breeze since you will barely notice anything but the retributive shield.For an equally crappy geared clothie or light armored folk, it begins to be tricky. Because in addition to the retributive shield, you have the cool LAZOR DEATH RAY, which is quite funny to avoid (it's a nice mechanism, imo, really) but wait, there's more ! It also comes with big ass magic attacks with huge range that seems like a nuke for the poorly geared 80 clothies. Being far away from the boss doesn't help.

All in all it's fine for someone who want to have a bit fun. You quickly learn to avoid the ray, never face the boss, stop hitting when the shield is on. You keep mobile and stay alive. If you're better geared and have a bit more AA, you're fine anyway.

Problem is that some people apparently hate fun if it comes with just a tiny bit of challenge (because you can't really say it's a BIG challenge, at worst you have to run back from the rezpad) and wait for the boss to be under 10% to comes in. Otherwise, they hit it once and go back in a safe spot. It's sad because they fill up the instance, preventing player who would actually fight to help, and boss tend to take longer to kill because of slackers.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    T
    Pay attention to what ? Reaper Beam is sorta bugged and can hit you thrice for 3400 damage. It's nice to put a afkcheck mechanism on WB similar to Mithrelle spin of frost but you can't expect having the same coordination as a 24-man raid on voip with a rl than wb 100 random players in openworld. Note that it happens way more often than Mithrelle, so you can blame ofc afkers but the boss itself offers so few dps-free windows compared to many raidbosses. And since you have to be precautionous at what you're casting, almost can't sw. Yeah, it takes ages. And current form of the boss is also to blame.
    And yeah, i like coming from the rezpad for the 4th time and being instakilled by 10K beam when i was just about to dismount or grabbing my tombstone. Feel the fun ?

Damage retributive mechanisms where always fvcked in many parts, especially when debuffs count as "offensive" spell so trigger the retribution, even though they deal 0 damage. Here now i tried to save a DT during shield with Fangs, shield triggered like 5 time. Yes, 5 times. Fangs + Fangs immunity + Bewilder Immunity + Warped dread immunity + Snare immunity. WTF. If they want to take braincheck mechanisms, take thoses who are working as intended at least.
    Last edited by Bibik; 3rd April 2015 at 08:57.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast