Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESO...[Less than great: EDIT BY DREST]

Default ESO...[Less than great: EDIT BY DREST]

What a let down. It's worse than GW2. This just reinforces the fact that AoC is by far the best MMO that has ever been made and ever will be. I hope Funcom realizes what they have and developed a new expansion.
    Last edited by Drest; 31st March 2014 at 13:59.

In before lock ~ couldn't resist ... lol

I hear the game is slow at the beginning stages; don't lose faith my friend.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Umm the launch went well. And its only early access. PvP has run smoother on day 1 than any game I can remember. All the systems worked. Epic hard fought claiming of keeps very much like AoC but on a much larger scale without the bugs, lag and way better graphics. Tons of pvp related stuff to work as a guild with and the creation of political alliances between guilds, something that has made EvE a great game. Its new and shiny but so far so good.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Care to define why?

This is my opinion

ESO

- Better questing, no mindless grind but actual story
    - MMO with story, along with only SWTOR and TSW
    - Action combat, no click/percentage based combat. Goes along with Tera while all other MMOs goes to EQ and WoW
    - Better graphics, EXCEPT AoC paikang area still has better grass
    - Real optional FPS view
    - Lag/stutter free game engine

- Bad running/moving animations
    - Ugly female character models, good male ones

AoC

- Mage fatalities, only ones which are working properly (animation)
    - Khitan girls

- Bad animations except Guardian's animations
    - Plastic character models, eww

Also, you don't compare games which are aimed/made for different purposes

ESO vs TERA is very viable discussion because they both focus on Combat and Skill based movement

Generic MMOs, WoW vs AoC is very viable discussion because they both focus on luck/gear/percentage based combat

Its like comparing Half Life and CoD, you just cant do that. You compare BF and CoD

~Jin-

ps. I still enjoy FFXIV 2.0 more than ESO, mainly because of cute girl characters + amazing animations and graphics (living weather etc...)
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by chh1929 View Post
    I hope Funcom realizes what they have and developed a new expansion.
    They do know what they have - not a big enough team to develop a new expansion.

I like the crafting system in eso quite a bit. It's brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    In before lock ~ couldn't resist ... lol

I hear the game is slow at the beginning stages; don't lose faith my friend.

Slow? lulz. Someone is already at 50 in 17 or so hours, and now at VR4. VR10 by the end of the week. [link]
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Slow? lulz. Someone is already at 50 in 17 or so hours, and now at VR4. VR10 by the end of the week. [link]

How much beta do you think this guy played? How many hours preparation finding out the absolute optimal and most efficient way to achieve this? Probably way more than 17 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    How much beta do you think this guy played? How many hours preparation finding out the absolute optimal and most efficient way to achieve this? Probably way more than 17 hours

I played 3 beta weekends and am playing early access, too. The first 8-10 levels come along really fast.

All our beta characters were gone when early access went live. So the lvl 5O Dude musta had a plan and was logged since minute number one.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

It's dying isn't it? It's probably on life support. I'm sure devs ruined everything that was good about it in their quest to make it too much like WoW. I'll bet ESO was so much better than this casual crap in the halcyon days of old and that nobody should pay any more money to those hacks.

who cares if the game had a get level 50 button. you can skip all content and get to 50 by doing 20 kill pvp quest over and over. it affects nothing because of how the cyro system works
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast