Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: No GD letter?

Edit by Anzu: You are currently using the Funcom-owned Age of Conan forums.

That means you have the right to post if Funcom says so. It means you agreed to follow the Social Guidelines and Forum Rules, it means you speak to your fellow players and the Funcom staff politely and with respect. Any violation of the rules can be infracted, and the possibility to use the boards can be restricted.

Be careful: I am not as nice as the EN mods.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th March 2014 at 13:37.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I'm usually on your side Joel, but this all came off arrogant.

Raids, feat trees, generic questing, tiered weapons, instances PvP, Alternate advancement, world bosses, ... What exactly is done better in AoC that isn't already done in a hand-full of recent MMOs? You have a nice combo-combat system ~ wow ... GRATZ.
    I wasn't trying to be arrogant - I was trying to answer the question honestly.

I have said it before and again, I don't see it as being arrogant (arrogance would be me saying "oh we're so much better than everyone else" etc) what I said was, you play the game because you like it.

As you point out, many games have similar features (at least on paper, implementation is very different across different games) and you make up your mind about a game based on whether you like those features or not and the unique ways in which they are implemented.

To put that another way - everybody can use the same ingredients and still make a different meal. It is to your taste as to whether you like one over another.

My entire point was that "regular updates" isn't really a basis for comparison between games. We could release an update with a new kill quest every other day. Would that make us a "better" game because you get a new quest every day and therefore more regular updates?

I hope you see the actual point I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Funcom are so bad even the GD trolls you. Pay your subs gentlemen - then get trolled.

@ the GD. We pay a monthly sub you cretin. That means you develop new content when we give you money. It means you keep us informed and "politely" tell us whats coming and when. It means you fix bugs in a timely manner, police your game so the hacks and cheats are kept to a minimum. It means you balance feats, AA and classes promptly. It means you listen to us, answer us and don't insult us.

^you don't manage to do any of that. NONE OF IT. And its a major part of the reason why your game is fvcked.
    And I am done for the day. Sometimes I really think people just don't want communication. Or when there is communication, it is deliberately used as a vessel for casting aspersions on the work we do.

The irony of what you posted K4nny, and the way you posted it, tell me that I absolutely do not owe you any more of my free time, and that does suck for the people who actually want to discuss things with me.
    Last edited by Nusquam; 30th March 2014 at 13:12.

If I was Nusquam, I don't think I would post anything on the forums... So much ill will and contempt for Funcom... There's no way the guy isn't going to get slammed on a regular basis...

I feel bad for the guy simply because of what he inherited..

Good luck Joel! I do look forward to your letters!

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    It's a bit of a catch 22 though isn't it?

I mean, if I don't mention some things like the raid status or the crafting system, there is always *somebody* who goes nutshit that there was no update on it.

Here is perhaps a more constructive way of doing it then - what would you guys like to hear about in the GD letter this month. It can't be new features - we've already spoken about what we are working on and I don't want people to start expecting stuff that is a long way off in the pipeline.

So tell me what you'd like the hear about? I am sitting here writing it - so let me know!

(Honestly, giving up my weekends to be ridiculed! I'd like to know one other game that provides a monthly letter after 6 years!)
    I think most people want more info on Palace of Cetriss and the crafting update. And I mean real info on both, not generic comments like "it's progressing". So for Palace, give info on what Tier level it will be (I hope it's T5), how many bosses, etc. If you have any pics of the inside, that would be awesome as well.

Well that's sad. People like K4nnyc are really hurthing the community with their counter-productive selfish attitude. Being so much disrespectful and having this kind of behaviour is one of the reason why there's less and less communication between Dev team and players.

I hope Nusquam and Cirith won't generalize things about us based on rares individuals. We were all aware of the efforts given on the devs interactions on forums (compared to what it was before) instead of twitter or other channels.

Thanks for your taking on your free time to answer us !

I'd prefer active forum activity, q and a's for example, instead of a monthly letter.

It still amazes me that the devs even bother to communicate at all. Some members of this community are so toxic...if it were me I would totally stop with replying to forums since they're just turning into a bitchfest. And for the people who complain about not getting something out of the game...what do you expect? the community treats the DEVS like this, and you wonder why you get generic feedback from them. Just because you pay money doesn't give you the right to be an ass hat

While I agree that I'd like to read GD more, people have to understand there are differents ways to say things.

Some people are really aggressives while he just came asking for suggestions to improves things. You really take care of a customer talking to you on week-ends like that ? I mean, seriously, that's how you guys behave ? I don't believe it a single second.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Cleaned up some bitterness and resentment. Some people need to take a breath before pressing send.

I think it is time to wield the banhammer a bit more frequently. Consider it a warning.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Smile

AOC players, please, do not cry too much.
    We have a great game, so let funcom work to update it...
    This work is hard and can't be done in 1 day ...
    The last work on pvp gear is very good...
    I'm sure FC will do a good job in the coming months !

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast