Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: magix since the gear revamp

Thanks for the confirmation on how tenacity is intended to work
    This would make the test run i supposed even more interesting.

If a hox and a guard meet a spellcaster, the only difference is 1k dps and 3k hp. lol

AoC players have certainly mastered the art of QQing :/
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    AoC players have certainly mastered the art of QQing :/
    Forums always represent a vocal minority - wouldn't be surprised if most AoC players never visit the forums at all.

And I don't think I've ever encountered a game forum without negative threads, and that counts double for MMOs - even the WoW forums are a total cesspit, and WoW is just about the only "successful" MMO, right? I mean every other big launch the last 8 years has been a flop, or at least that's how people talk.

It's funny how the AoC community is so negative towards FC though, when you compare them to TSW's community which (mostly) adores FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Forums always represent a vocal minority - wouldn't be surprised if most AoC players never visit the forums at all.

And I don't think I've ever encountered a game forum without negative threads, and that counts double for MMOs - even the WoW forums are a total cesspit, and WoW is just about the only "successful" MMO, right? I mean every other big launch the last 8 years has been a flop, or at least that's how people talk.

It's funny how the AoC community is so negative towards FC though, when you compare them to TSW's community which (mostly) adores FC.
    The Secret World was not advertised as a FFA PvP based MMO, then turned into a Korean-esque grind core PvE game with PvP content that was put on hold for 3+ years.

They also have not dynamically changed combat systems 3+ times during the course of the game and then promised content for years and never release it.

AoC players have been pretty committed and loyal if you weigh that loyalty against all the false promises and comittments that funcom has promised over the years.

The current group though seems to be trying to make good on their share of promises though, so as far as the new generation of leadership, I'm pretty happy so far.
    Doomsayer 2008

More on tenacity for those who are interested

http://aochideout.blogspot.co.nz/201...ll-things.html

Basically Tenacity helps you offensively...its does nothing to help you defensively.....the defensive counter to Crit Rating and Crit Damage Rating is Critigation Chance (a set amount of 20% with 5 passive points in Elusive Nature ....can be increased to 60% when slotted) and Critigation Amount (which comes from gear)
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 26th March 2014 at 00:35.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I got my first forum ban back in '08 for reminding Funcom about their promise to publish a guide about stats - and which they didn't deliver, as it would have shown that stats didn't do much at all and they didn't really have a working RPG system. Founded a long friendship.

Funcom has some great designers. But their PR and customer relation are... well, they're there, too.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Yes, they have a certain talent there. But back ontopic:

Doesn't Khaletoteps testing prove that intelligence and magic damage work as intended (for pestilental blast at least and assuming he used the values listed in char sheet)?
    Intelligence gives magic damage, magic damage multiplied with some factor gives the damage added to base spell damage.

So you can not deduce, that in example B, (with high intelligence, but same magic damage) the intelligence has no effect. If that would be true, the damage in test would have been lower accoirding to "listed magic damage" minus the magic damage calculated from intelligence (i think 0.5 per point).

Another reason for this result though might be the spell factor of pestilental blast. But that could be ruled out just by repeating the test with less or more magic damage. Some dots and BS spells for example or not dependand on magic damage at all or have a very low factor (like manifestation of winter).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th March 2014 at 06:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Yes, they have a certain talent there. But back ontopic:

Doesn't Khaletoteps testing prove that intelligence and magic damage work as intended (for pestilental blast at least and assuming he used the values listed in char sheet)?
    Intelligence gives magic damage, magic damage multiplied with some factor gives the damage added to base spell damage.

So you can not deduce, that in example B, (with high intelligence, but same magic damage) the intelligence has no effect. If that would be true, the damage in test would have been lower accoirding to "listed magic damage" minus the magic damage calculated from intelligence (i think 0.5 per point).

Another reason for this result though might be the spell factor of pestilental blast. But that could be ruled out just by repeating the test with less or more magic damage. Some dots and BS spells for example or not dependand on magic damage at all or have a very low factor (like manifestation of winter).
    tenacity ppl, straw men dont have critigation, ppl do. dots will deal more dmg if they go for their full dmg potential all the time

Reading what you quote should be a requirement for posting here.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast