Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please please please add housing

No and No!
    there is lot of more important stuff to add and look at not some housing for rp-ers sorry but there is so many of you now that you would have problems making a full raid for "rp yuckumur",and rest of players don't need it.
    If it come to fixing bugs they will never do it and reason is because programmers want to keep their positions, and to do that they need to fix some things over and over again if they created "perfect" code most would lose their jobs that's why not even one company make "bugless' games atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Unless player housing is done CORRECTLY, it shouldn't even be considered. Knowing how Funcom handled PH in for example AO (each "apartment" was in its own instance, without the possibility to furnish and outfit it in any way), I wouldn't hold my breath.

Besides, dev-resouces should be spent on things that are FAR more worthwhile, like expanding the game-world horizontally (more content for ALL level-ranges, with lvl 80+ versions of all instances), Class-revamps, more PvP-content (should be a special focus-area as it is) and more. To be honest, player housing should be at a very low priority in comparison.
    Why? Because it is (if done right) content available for ALL level-ranges, expands the gameworld with player customized content AND would open some revenue areas not cared about so far?

I do share to some extend your concerns about messing it up...but it is not the players requests wasting resources...it is the execution and management.

@poster above: If this would be a waste and only rpers interested, why are self customization games in general successfull in a broad audience and in the long run? (sims, civilization, ultima online, certain other MMOs)
    And they would only loose their job, if the management does a bad job. You can not judge by shortterm activity alone...ask any sysadmin or the fire department.

It is not the holy grail, but this game seriously lacks customizeable content (so far inventory management and guild cities are the only thing there...). Maybe somethings is coming with crafting revamp, but i am not holding my breath
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd March 2014 at 17:53.

For the most part, adding housing opposed to redoing what's already been redone is a breath of fresh air. Fixing bugs is one thing but if revamping classes, gear and PvP hasn't made anyone happy in the past, why keep doing it?

Housing sounds pretty cool. Especially if it were done like EQ landmark. Whether it's feasible or not doesn't change the fact it's a better suggestion than revamping revamped class revamps.

AoC will never get enough resources that could make housing possible. Get over it.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by StaHoo View Post
    ... because programmers want to keep their positions, and to do that they need to fix some things over and over again if they created "perfect" code most would lose their jobs that's why not even one company make "bugless' games atm.
    Nice conspiracy theory. That's it; "let's make a buggy game so the suits have to keep me around"

How about Risk vs. Gain ? There's limited time to develop a game before the tech exceeds what you're working with, competition out-paces you and the Execs want to make money. Add that to the lack of time the developers can actually test the game themselves and the thousands of second-rate beta-testers who complain about nonsense and you have a mixture for what is the recent gaming industry standard.

Player housing won't happen ... ever.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Housing for who? Fury is dead, only population is on Crom. Will not take long for the last servermerge until they shutdown aoc completly.

The Devs already have a thread where they ask what should be done with the guild city zones since they are removing all tradeskill resources from those(in conjunction with the upcoming tradeskill revamp). The vast majority of the responses mentioned housing, so i suspect some sort of housing will be added.

Don't expect SWG-class housing, but something closer to what EQ2 or AO has - assorted housing options with moderate ability to decorate.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    The vast majority of the responses mentioned housing, so i suspect some sort of housing will be added.
    There was also many official answers from Funcom stating that any sort of housing, being in TSW or AoC, isn't planned cause they don't have ressources to spend on it.

I am not buying the resources excuse. Because that is what it is, a dishonest excuse. They do not WANT it, because they do not believe it is worth the investment or lack the imagination how it can be done properly. Or at least someone important thinks that way. That would be honest.

Again, this does not make suggesting it invalid, because a good idea will work, if there is insight

Well, the fact they're still struggling to release Dragonspine content almost 2 years after they started to tease on it should gives some clues on the matter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast