Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Explain +healing please

What is most efficient by a healer. Doing 1k+ dps and keeping blues and greens up, doing big heal at 70% tank hp?

Or doing the odd combo or spell and only spamming heals...

In a sixman, the healers are 1/6th of the dps potential. All three healers has capabilities of doing high dps with not much effort. Lets say at Flame.. Good dps there is worth quite a lot of healing if it can save you from the 3rd Burn Skin. Also at Vortex, if the area is starting to get flooded, people getting kb'd onto water or edge.. Or at Coppice when there is black **** everywhere. Good dps, worth a lot of healing. Every second the healer does damage, he saves the tank from taking extra damage from the added time in fight if he had not been doing damage.

I have been farming a fair amount of RT's on my Conqueror the past month and the reoccuring state of things are that my Brute Conqueror is regularly on 2nd or 3rd spot of dps on the parse. Usually around 800 dps. I see HoX, Ranger, PoM, BS, even Demo and Necro below me on parsers. Feeling like there are a lot of players that aren't completely green, but far from good. I can only encourage experienced players to try and help them out, and not sound like an ******* while trying to do so. Especially PoM and letting them know about gear priority, spell synergies and the importance of keeping Divine Halo stacked during a fight. But also BS and Natures Revenge.

I think that from the start of the game most bad players were told to play a pom and spam heals. Over and over I see poms 24th in raid and number one in heals by spamming wave of life, even when you talk to them and try to help them with DPS they think your the crazy one for expecting that they learn to play. I think raid leaders are just so used to poms doing nothing but spam healbot that most don't even expect more. My pom is in full t4 gear and can go toe to toe with all the big toons in t4, easily coming in top five on the parse.
    As far as healers learning to heal its not uncommon to see healers casting a big heal when tanks are at 100 percent...in raids I ask WHY THE @@@ did you just put the big heal on cool down for no reason...
    As far as AA heals, very few fights require all your heals, but when I am healing golem tanks those AA heals can be the difference between a wipe and a save.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    As far as AA heals, very few fights require all your heals, but when I am healing golem tanks those AA heals can be the difference between a wipe and a save.
    Indeed. Golems hurt.

I got impressed by ideas in this thread and went to test some dps priesting on pug hm. I managed to die but healing was still same as it was before doing that -> conclusion: my healing was not needed and i could safely go full dps

"[Group] [Janissaryian]: REss angry Pom.."

Doing Condemnation while Holy Storm is up, then Holy Cleansing and Condemnation again is a deathwish

i was playing vengeance, so i don't even accidently heal anyone . and no, didn't die on immortal wrath phase.

jokes aside, I still like tb set on pom for more than few reasons over dk set. And dps whoring didn't really feel comfortable for me, although getting those rage tells were amusing (thx for !logons whoever sent them <3). Way i see how healers "should" work is to let tanks play as aggressively as they can, that gives everyone else more safety doing their "stuff". Call me bad if i sacrifice some personal dps to let 5 others in group play more efficiently, it's just my PoV.

I'm using this build http://is.gd/52l1yZ on my PoM and it covers most needs quite good. In my opinion the Immortal Wrath spell has too long of a cooldown to compare against the pro's you get from Divinity in Divine Blessing, Condemnation, Divine Halo and Holy Cleansing. The dps difference is marginal. I use Light of Mitra over Purification of Mitra because of mana issues. I have 6500 mana and it runs out quite fast if I don't think about what I do. Almost dependant of spellweaving and taking +15% mana drain buff to not run out.

I'm far from the best PoM around but for the guy who started this thread, I can type what I normally do in a regular fight.

1. HoT's. Emanation of Life and Wave of Life. Wait until Emanation of life is off cooldown, and do a Smite, Eye of Mitra, whatever, and apply both heals again. After 15 seconds the group gets the initial 384 heal as well as the 192, rather than just renewing the duration of the heal.

2. Offensive spells. After applying the heals, debuffs. Rebuke and Avert Thine Eyes. Cleansing Fire, Searing Eye of Mitra, Smite, Smite, and by now, Holy Storm should have procced from your blue heal, and you can do the quickened Condemnation. If you attack two targets, use Lance of Mitra over Smite as long as it is off cooldown. It has a chance of hitting extra and quite hard when it does.

3. Utilities. Shield of Brilliance is great. +20% damage deflection for 12 seconds (fully aa'd). Add the superior buff Blessing of Mitra to give almost half a bubble. Light the Path perk makes your Repulse spell instantly cast. It is very nice if you want to interrupt some casts, kb if a tank is struggling with adds, but make priority to stand to the back of the mob so it doesn't fly all over the place after tanks has placed them. If you knock towards the tank they don't move. When you spellweave, you can pick a buff called Mitra's Thunder. This makes every Smite and Rebuke you cast do a knockback on the targeted mob. If it is CC'able, you can actually kill most epic mobs on your own this way.

4. Nukes. You have two dps nukes as a PoM in the build I posted. You can feat others but these are the most popular ones. When feated Holy Accession, Condemnation and Avatar of Mitra, the PoM gains a proc called Holy Storm from your or others blue heals. This proc makes Condemnation cast in half the time with just as many hits. You also gain Holy Storm from activating Holy Cleansing, but beware, if early in the fight you are almost guaranteed to pull agro if you do two rapid Condemnations in succession while Holy Cleansing is up. If you dare, do instant Repulse too. The other popular synergy is if Sacred Smite. If you do Cleansing Fire, Eye of Mitra, you'r next Smite will be instant. So a max nuke would be to put up debuffs, do Sacred Smite, instant Repulse, Condemnation, Holy Cleansing and Condemnation again. Make sure to have Hand of Mitra ready in case you take agro. Other ways is to drop Light of Mitra, and rather feat instant big heal and Searing Light from Vengeance. Then you'll have one more instant damage spell, three in total if Sacred Smite and Light the Path is up.

5. Rotation. Eh.. Well. As it goes really. You can't control when Holy Storm and Light the Path procs. Holy Cleansing, Avert Thine Eyes, Blessing of Mitra and Shield of Brilliance has rather long cooldowns. Do as in point number 1 and recast heals every 15 seconds and fill up with offensive spells in between. Because Cleansing Fire, Condemnation, Lance of Mitra and Mitra's Searing Eye builds up Divine Halo, who heals the lowest hp guy in your group.

6. Divine Halo. Divine Halo is extremely important for healing. Every 4 seconds, this happens to the lowest hp guy. This below was just me killing a few wolves outside Pin-Pin. All I did was offensive spells. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE. It does not show on parsers because it only appears on the character you heal and not your own log. The crit heal increases with your characters critical damage rating.

Your Divine Halo critically heals you for 502.
    Your Divine Halo heals you for 298.

It works just like Natures Revenge (and Blood Thirst) for Bear Shamans and does not show on parser unless the guy receiving the heal is logging.
    Last edited by Shax84; 22nd March 2014 at 12:33. Reason: errors in text

you miss healing ingredient from lance of mitra and only need 1 point to holy accession. Halos show in parse (act-parse knows everything). Splash on smite is useless (it splashes on 1 target at max, and 2 extra at high sw), holy vengeance works better.

I use this spec almost almost, only swapping to purification variant if there's tos in group or if fights are not too long.

http://goo.gl/3EtKUy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast