Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Difference in the Game?

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Nope. There was/is nothing like RotGS standalone box version. All boxed RotGS keys were including base AoC and expansion. It may not look important now when AoC is f2p, but it does makes difference - base AoC that gives free time on new account (if you didn't used base key already), not expansion. Item shop is only way to get RotGS alone and it not include any premuim time.
    Dude. I bought Khitai just a couple of months ago. Regardless of what you say, I clearly remember the details 100%. I was torn between starting a new account and saving 15$ on subscription time, or continuing my old one from 2008 which had a fair bit of offline lvls and veteran tokens.

It's not like it matters, since pretty much everyone buys the expac after they've already had an account and characters for a while and are probably unwilling to start over, and most people buy in the store rather than from an online reseller, but facts are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Dude. I bought Khitai just a couple of months ago. Regardless of what you say, I clearly remember the details 100%.
    You bought it once. I did three times so I'd say I have more experience

What you read is not always what you get when comes to Funcom. The only way to get just RotGS was to buy it directly from Funcom, first by register page (when AoC wasn't F2P), then from Item shop (after moving to F2P). And those version didn't have any included premium time, and had to be bought from already existing account.

But there was also boxed RotGS version released by Deep Silver and there was 2 ways to use key from that box:
    1. On existing account like with buying directly from Funcom. It didn't give you premium time.
    2. You could create new account with it, and it was then giving you access to base AoC together with expansion. And this way you could get 30 days of playtime. But it was because you got access to base game, not expansion itself.

But you are not only one who didn't follow Funcom logic, its local publishers had same issues. In some countries (like Poland) box version of RotGS had two keys. One with base game, and second described as Expansion, but in fact it was Base+Expansion key like in Deep Silver boxes. So buy buying RotGS boxes there you could create 2 accounts with 30 days of premium time each. One with base and expansion. One with base only.

As you mentioned it does not matter now. But facts are facts.
    Last edited by bogus; 20th March 2014 at 11:04.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    You bought it once. I did three times so I'd say I have more experience

What you read is not always what you get when comes...

As you mentioned it does not matter now. But facts are facts.
    Alright, sounds like a complete technicality since it can basically work like I said (the copy I bought certainly wasn't labeled as being a combination of base game + expac, or priced as such). But I apologize for my brash tone, sounds like you have quite the extensive experience on this subject

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Well, fugazi.

Looks like I pretty much wasted my money.

Most uncool.
    Not sure what you were expecting. If you got RoTGS and you are sub'ed they you can do 2 things.

1. In game press "K" this will bring up your AA screen. At the bottom of the page you will see 2 radio buttons. One to train AAs with points (which you probably do not have) and the other to time train AAs. Select the time training and then select the AA you want to train. Read the forums for advise.

2. Go to Conan and get the quest to go to Khatia, from there go to Khemi, across the water there is a caravan that will take you to Khatia, first trip is free with Conan's quest. From there you pay or do one of the protect the caravan quests.

The location for the caravan to the Gateway to Khatia is 1176,880. Open your map and look for a yellow point.

In addition the pack also opened up the Khatian race as a toon choice. So you may want to try a level one up.....

Quote Originally Posted by miamie View Post
    Not sure what you were expecting. If you got RoTGS and you are sub'ed they you can do 2 things.

1. In game press "K" this will bring up your AA screen. At the bottom of the page you will see 2 radio buttons. One to train AAs with points (which you probably do not have) and the other to time train AAs. Select the time training and then select the AA you want to train. Read the forums for advise.

2. Go to Conan and get the quest to go to Khatia, from there go to Khemi, across the water there is a caravan that will take you to Khatia, first trip is free with Conan's quest. From there you pay or do one of the protect the caravan quests.
    I thought the AA screen had been there before, but I guess I was wrong. So, then, there was a change; I just didn't realize it. I'll have to read up on what AA is and what it does.

I haven't looked at all the gateways, so that one probably went unnoticed. I'm just a casual player, having a good time exploring the areas and running quests as I come to them.

In addition the pack also opened up the Khatian race as a toon choice. So you may want to try a level one up.....
    Well, at the moment, both of my slots are filled. I had hoped the 30-day bit would have opened up a slot or two, but from other posts, I see that was wrong.

I'll have to bite the bullet and expand my character slots so that I can check that out.

If you have only 2 slots open, then you are not subbed/premium at the moment. Befor throwing a bunch of cash at FC for a slot alone, get a 1 month sub to try things out.

And remember, you only can enter Khitai (Lvl 80 areas, Gateway to Khitai is free) if you are premium. If you sub for one month, you get additional 6 slots (8 all together), you can enter Kithai. After the month you are locked out of Khitai, but you can choose 4(?) chars which will remain playable as F2P.

If you want to know if your expasion really worked without trying to enter Northern Graslands ingame, check you account details. Your products should contain "Rise of the Godslayer", a round green icon.

I'll have to bite the bullet and expand my character slots so that I can check that out.
    I would NOT buy a simple extra character slot. Much better to stay f2p and be content with the 2 (I seem to have had 3, not sure why maybe because I was pre-order) character slots until 80, and subbing once you're sure you like the game.

As far as I can tell, extra character slots are really only necessary if you're an altoholic/older player with more than 8 lvl 80 characters.

Well, I'm not a big fan of booze - very few drinks are even palatable to me.

However, I am 56, so I guess I qualify as "older."

I think the game is great, though I'd love to see some aspects of Ultima Online adopted, particularly economics and housing.

OK, there has been some change. A mod told me that there might have been a delay in getting the perks from RotG, that maybe a server reset was needed.

Well, maybe that was it, because last night I logged in and discovered two extra character slots. I rolled up a new character using the Khitai race, so that's open, too.

Still haven't been able to claim anything, but I'll check that out again tonight with a character that's out of Tortage.

Cool.

OK, there has been some change. A mod told me that there might have been a delay in getting the perks from RotG, that maybe a server reset was needed.

Well, maybe that was it, because last night I logged in and discovered two extra character slots. I rolled up a new character using the Khitai race, so that's open, too.

Still haven't been able to claim anything, but I'll check that out again tonight with a character that's out of Tortage.

Cool.
    There's a bug with claiming. It doesn't work on a freshly-created character until you relog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast