Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Difference in the Game?

Default No Difference in the Game?

Well, I got hooked on AoC and purchased Rise of the Godslayer. I was looking forward to, what I thought would be, the expanded content and the 30-days of paid play.

But, I don't see anything different. I was especially looking forward to additional character slots and expanded inventory storage, but I can't see any difference in the game.

I first uninstalled the client to start fresh and installed from the DVD. Then, I sat through over an hour of updates. Once all was complete, I went to my profile and registered my copy of RotG using the code provided with the game. I fired up the client, fingers tingling in anticipation and saw --

No change at all.

So, like what's the deal?

Did I waste money on the DVD? Do I not even get the free 30 days?

Thanx for any help!

Not sure what you were anticipating.

ROTG is new zones in khitiai. Also you get access to AAs. You must stay premium to access all this.

Check your account page if you got the 30 days, I don't think there is a way anyone can tell on here.

Item Shop is where you buy inventory space and character slots. I believe the collectors edition of ROTG included some of this.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Hi there,

is there a registration code in/on your box? And if so, have you
    visited your account detail site and entered it? If not, you might
    try that.

Hope this helps a bit
    Regards
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Well, what I was anticipating was some new content. I guess more than some areas opening up, more something that would be obvious.

As for the code, yes, I did enter it, but I've not found any means to take advantage of the time. I don't see anything in my account info to turn on the time. I guess I might be missing it.

I'm assuming that even paying players only have two character slots, then?

Premium players have 16 slots, I believe.
    like hell

Being premium opens 8 slots. And everyone can buy more (up to 18). Also at some occasions FC was giving away free 1 slot. 2 or 3 times.

And no, getting RotGS don't include any premium time. Only one benefit to f2p players from getting it is ability to train spend alternative advancement points if you get some and being able to use purchased perks (default key to open that window is K). To access zone and dungeons that come with RotGS you has to be premium player like Halfdead mentioned already.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    And no, getting RotGS don't include any premium time. Only one benefit to f2p players from getting it is ability to train spend alternative advancement points if you get some and being able to use purchased perks (default key to open that window is K). To access zone and dungeons that come with RotGS you has to be premium player like Halfdead mentioned already.
    Actually, buying RoTGS gives 30 min free time only if you use the code to create a new account, as I found out last autumn. If you use the code on an already active account, you don't get any premium time (at least this was the case for buying the normal edition from an online reseller).

But yeah, RotGS opens Northern Grasslands, Chosain Province, Kara Korum, Paikang and associated dungeons/raids, which is all lvl 80 stuff, and doesn't really make a difference for lower level toons, except that they can get alternate advancement skills with the 1 expertise point you get every lvl if you subscribe. The other Khitai zone, Gateway to Khitai, is open to f2p.

Well, fugazi.

Looks like I pretty much wasted my money.

Most uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Actually, buying RoTGS gives 30 min free time only if you use the code to create a new account.
    Nope. There was/is nothing like RotGS standalone box version. All boxed RotGS keys were including base AoC and expansion. It may not look important now when AoC is f2p, but it does makes difference - base AoC that gives free time on new account (if you didn't used base key already), not expansion. Item shop is only way to get RotGS alone and it not include any premuim time.
    Last edited by bogus; 20th March 2014 at 07:21.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Well, fugazi.

Looks like I pretty much wasted my money.

Most uncool.
    for now, most probably yes.

but once you hit lvl 80, Khitai is the place where the majority of end game content is and where most of player activity takes place (if you´re subbed, that is)
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast