Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: pvp armor rebalanced on TL

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Sorry but PvP lvls means nothing, period!

You mean to tell me a bad player can't AFK most of the time in mini games if they want? You can get PvP lvls by doing nothing even if you can only mini games. So spare my the damn ********.

Also don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about fighting players in blues vs full PvP 10 geared players. This is about the gap between PVP GEAR.
    I said the gap between the PvP tiers is not enough to carry any player.
    I always said there should be no difference between tiers and it only be for vanity. Look in my damn post history.
    So again don't start spouting your ********.

@ Petridish

Once again I never said gear did not matter! This thread is about PvP gear and the gaps between the tiers.
    Yes people can AFK and get pvp 10 - but if you read any of my suggestions people like this will get screwed by GMs and the behavioural stats I talked about. They would get Leave stat in minis and you pro pvpers would flame them. And 30 second no activity = leave mini no token, and /left mini stat +1. Obviously you didnt read that you just saw something you didnt like and flamed.

You also said gear doesnt matter and its skill that matters.
    You put the words in your own mouth.

GEAR is a huge force multiplier. Youre an idiot if you dont see it.
    Go and do minis dressed as a fresh lvl 80 would be dressed. Do it for 1 week then come back here and say the same sh1t you spouted earlier.

Gear should not be linked to progression. EVER. Progression should be about stats, vanity and the pvp level which in itself, just vanity. You should have ZERO advantage being pvp10 over a PVP0. THE ONLY ADVANTAGE A PVP10 SHOULD HAVE IS SUPERIOR SKILL. Not uber passive stats. Its pure stupidity to create game systems like this.

We see the AOC pvp since the first pvp armours were introduced has gone from many players to a very small number, heck the pvp server Fury is Dead! The number of pvpers doesnt go up at any point in 6 years, always the number goes down. IT DOES NOT WORK, we proved over 6 years to funcom with hundreds of thousands of players and millions of battles that this system doesnt fvcking work. OMG why cant you see it guys. It needs to change....
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 20th March 2014 at 08:38.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Basically there's often 1 newbie per mini, and the poor guy get obliterated because he's just the first target, and there are so many high level around and everyone got t4 damage output.

All in all, mini have become even less beginner friendly. I did believe back in time that it could not get any worse for newcomers, go figure ^^
    New changes are simply great and however it is true if you join minies on lvl 80 now (within all those PvP lvl 7-10) it is real hardcore but... AoC is hardcore game and why omg someone starts PvP on lvl 80??? That do not make any sense... everyone tiny interested into PvP should join minies (and play them as often as possible) on lower lvls not on lvl 80 first. This should be somehow announced to every single newcomer.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    IT DOES NOT WORK, we proved over 6 years to funcom with hundreds of thousands of players and millions of battles that this system doesnt fvcking work. OMG why cant you see it guys. It needs to change....
    It is not possible roll it completely back. Face it. The gape could be covered bit (as it is being done now) but removal is simply impossible otherwise we will loose even more people.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    It is not possible roll it completely back. Face it. The gape could be covered bit (as it is being done now) but removal is simply impossible otherwise we will loose even more people.
    Shiwan - please stop saying "Gape" (sic) use "gap" instead.

I've told you how to fix it. It would cost as much as this last patch to get rolling and provide far more positive results.

You know I'm right. (i could put up a Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker meme to convince u but I dont need to).

It's the only way to get SKILL based pvp. Which is after all what we want right?
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 20th March 2014 at 09:35.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Not everyone is interested in PvP right from start, espacially if one started to play on PvE server. As myself for instance, I play for 3 years, but started to PvP last summer only iirc. It just wasn't "my thing" before, but it did became one, when I got bored with instances etc

So I remember very clear how is it, to be farmed when you are clueless, even tho I had some nice PvE gear and AA already. I think I've hitted 3K deaths before I even ding pvp 4. And I'm not mentioning all the rest of crap random mini games are full of. So trying to get into PvP might be very depressing for a new player.

I'd say anything that makes PvP easier to get in for new people is good, while vets and skilled players will still benefit from every single advantage they will have, no matter if it's gear, or AA, or just knowing where to be and who to kill first.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    New changes are simply great and however it is true if you join minies on lvl 80 now (within all those PvP lvl 7-10) it is real hardcore but... AoC is hardcore game and why omg someone starts PvP on lvl 80??? That do not make any sense... everyone tiny interested into PvP should join minies (and play them as often as possible) on lower lvls not on lvl 80 first. This should be somehow announced to every single newcomer.
    Low level PvP is non existent, so one starts effectively PvP'ing at lvl 80. That's for newcomers.
    For veterans, easy, in my case i got 12 characters lvl 80, and only 5 of them have been in PvP.
    Tomorrow i bring my bs in minis, it's lvl 0.

Saying AoC is hardcore as a reason for why it's hostile to newcomers is counter productive.
    For instance, TSW is hardcore, PvE leveling is way more challenging than in AoC, yet it's well made and not hostile to beginners, in that those beginners get the tools to actually succeed.

In the end, a long farm and grind to get basic gear suitable for PvP is not hardcore, it's just bad design.

It's like someone telling you to write something down, and you don't have a pen nor a piece of paper.
    That entry PvP gear is the tool which is needed to PvP.

This is funny.

They finally make PvP gear worthwhile and you complain

Sure it could have been done in a better way, like t1 set being available without any pvp lvl restrictions, and gap between t1-t2-t3 being smaller (i would even prefer it to be non existant), but nontheless this is a step in the right direction - and we can only hope/push devs more in removing gear dependancy even further.

My PvP8s+ in full t2 PvP set (i dont bori, or PvE) do not have ridiculously low dmg anymore, and my PvP4s decked in full t1 PvP armor are actually quite competitive. And for someone who doesnt get any joy out of PvE, being able to wear decent T1 PvP armor and not having to farm 6men dungeons to get khitai gear is a bliss.

In general, as of yesterday, someone who doesnt like PvE can completely skip it and have competitive gear even on a newly rolled alt. Not to mention that you can finally get T3 PvP gear without digging a single rock anymore.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

All these changes have been an improvement. No longer do pvp based players need to be penalized for not wanting to do t4 or getting their hands on t3 crafted to stay current. I don't have to worry about zipping around to get ridiculous bags so I can spend 4-5 months to get enough tokens to buy 1 piece of gear. I can simply do minis now and get whatever I want with my badges, which is how it should be.

I see several players complaining about pvp t3 gear? Let me tell you, most of it was bad until yesterday. Any caster, sin, and tos was playing at a supreme disadvantage with the old gear. Very low critical rating, low magic damage, and extremely high cost for very bad gear. I gained over 240+ magic damage and well over 6% critical rating with the new gear, as well as 1,400 more hit points and 2% more armor, and about 3% more protection, and I can tell you that all those changes were noticeable in minis yesterday.

Your talking about people grinding bori for free pvp gear without having to pvp? What about all the players that grinded memory cloud farms for the best weapons? Or T4 gear, which is both free and gained without pvp. I don't see anyone here crying about that...or even bringing it up. SO they balance the pvp gear to be on par with t4 pve, and all of you complain. Just wow.

Btw...the pvp t1 and t2 sets are quite competitive, include critical rating, tenacity, and critigation, and quite honestly are pretty good. And if you noticed, they made the t1 blues purples increasing their stat budget, people should look at the t1 armor, it's quite nice compared to what it was.
    Doomsayer 2008

I still see lots of people complaining over new charracters or players in minis. AoC pvp community is very toxic..

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Yes people can AFK and get pvp 10 - but if you read any of my suggestions people like this will get screwed by GMs and the behavioural stats I talked about. They would get Leave stat in minis and you pro pvpers would flame them. And 30 second no activity = leave mini no token, and /left mini stat +1. Obviously you didnt read that you just saw something you didnt like and flamed.
    yep

/ten

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast