Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: pvp armor rebalanced on TL

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    You simply dont get it... there must be some progression otherwise people will not stick with the game for so many years. Sure there could be some dedicated PvPers who would play without anything like that but how long they would last? 2 years, maybe 3?
    Every game out there does just fine with just pvp level and statistics for progression.

FFA, no consequence games traditionally fail hard on their face, and not 1 FFA game with power items for progression has ever succeeded, I include AOC in this fail category.

Power items are a bad way to go. If you dont see that after 6 years of sh1t pvp then youre not as clever as you seem Shiwan. People have been farming gear (aka the AOC pvp crutch) since pvp gear was introduced, then t3 weapons then bori then t4 gears and weapons and now the new pvp gear.

This is how it should be:
    1. Disable or fix bori so you have to pvp
    2. Make it so there 5% difference between the starter set and the best pvp set. Forever removing the pvp crutch.
    3. PvP level reset to 0, most pvp 10 farmed bori anyway so fvck them.
    4. Reintroduce the pvp stats page that you cant hide, with a large amount stats on there, include behavioral stats like mini's left, lowbie ganks and link this to guild pvp rankings penalties.
    5. Hire some (2 or 3 volunteer) GMs to ban teleporting comber users - paying special attention to sieges
    6. Make some simple pvp content like top 50x rankings or king of the hill mini.

Do those 6 basic simple things and AOC pvp would be great again. It would be fast, easy and be basically free to implement.

--

But no, we are stuck with the same old pvp crutch crap weve had for 6 years.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 20th March 2014 at 00:29.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Every game out there does just fine with just pvp level and statistics for progression.

FFA, no consequence games traditionally fail hard on their face, and not 1 FFA game with power items for progression has ever succeeded, I include AOC in this fail category.

Power items are a bad way to go. If you dont see that after 6 years of sh1t pvp then youre not as clever as you seem Shiwan. People have been farming gear (aka the AOC pvp crutch) since pvp gear was introduced, then t3 weapons then bori then t4 gears and weapons and now the new pvp gear.

This is how it should be:
    1. Disable or fix bori so you have to pvp
    2. Make it so there 5% difference between the starter set and the best pvp set. Forever removing the pvp crutch.
    3. PvP level reset to 0, most pvp 10 farmed bori anyway so fvck them.
    4. Reintroduce the pvp stats page that you cant hide, with a large amount stats on there, include behavioral stats like mini's left, lowbie ganks and link this to guild pvp rankings penalties.
    5. Hire some (2 or 3 volunteer) GMs to ban teleporting comber users - paying special attention to sieges
    6. Make some simple pvp content like top 50x rankings or king of the hill mini.

Do those 6 basic simple things and AOC pvp would be great again. It would be fast, easy and be basically free to implement.

--

But no, we are stuck with the same old pvp crutch crap weve had for 6 years.
    Who gives a f*ck if some retard farms bori to PvP 10? So what? They still suck, they still have to do minis in order to buy any gear so who gives a ****?

All you do is QQ about the PvP 10s and gear gap when it is not a big enough gap to decide who wins or loses. player skill will be the deciding factor.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Who gives a f*ck if some retard farms bori to PvP 10? So what? They still suck, they still have to do minis in order to buy any gear so who gives a ****?

All you do is QQ about the PvP 10s and gear gap when it is not a big enough gap to decide who wins or loses. player skill will be the deciding factor.
    /sigh

Being able to Farm to pvp 10 without doing any pvp removes the point of progression, no - it actually removes progression. Bad players should take years to get pvp 10 or better yet never get pvp 10 because they are not good enough. Your pvp level and your good stats should be something youre proud of, it should be an achievement! But there are no positive/negative pvp progression stats and bori removed all pvp progression or at least the perception of progression.

And your other point: If gear was never a deciding factor why have people been farming gear since day 1. Why did thousands transfer to Hykania pveRP server farm bori to pvp 10 the transfer back to fury? Why do people farm pveT4 gear THEN start to pvp. Gear IS the deciding factor, it is the ultimate force multiplier in this game and it needs neutralizing.

If gear is not a factor wear some blues or greens and play some minis you pleb.

Sounds like you dont know what youre talking about or you dont wanna let go of your advantage. Thats ok, admitting you need the crutch is quite brave of you. Well done.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 20th March 2014 at 02:59.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

This statement is spot on. Anyone that argues that gear makes little difference is extremely ignorant or knowingly talking crap.

Kalgon, you're a muppet. Pick up your act.
    Last edited by Petridish; 20th March 2014 at 05:50.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

A lot of OP mechanics require a certain gear stats and level.
    Sure, on 1 vs 1 there are many other factors like latency, builds, combo rotation, potions (gold), skills and resources that matter. But gear is always an important matter. The best strategy, tech or skill can not help you if 2+ people can kill you within 1 second just by focusing.

But sure, this facts can be missed out, if someone is so skilled to always able to win 1 vs 1 and otherwise only fights in a premade core on the winning side. The larger the zerg, the less individual gear matters and it is especially there more dependand on build and class.

Now at least it seems new players have a choice between survival and dps gear, too.

I have not seen all changes yet, is there a table or list now, where you can see the gear available dependand on pvp level?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 20th March 2014 at 06:07.

/sigh

Being able to Farm to pvp 10 without doing any pvp removes the point of progression, no - it actually removes progression. Bad players should take years to get pvp 10 or better yet never get pvp 10 because they are not good enough. Your pvp level and your good stats should be something youre proud of, it should be an achievement! But there are no positive/negative pvp progression stats and bori removed all pvp progression or at least the perception of progression.

And your other point: If gear was never a deciding factor why have people been farming gear since day 1. Why did thousands transfer to Hykania pveRP server farm bori to pvp 10 the transfer back to fury? Why do people farm pveT4 gear THEN start to pvp. Gear IS the deciding factor, it is the ultimate force multiplier in this game and it needs neutralizing.

Sounds like you dont know what youre talking about or you dont wanna let go of your advantage. Thats ok, admitting you need the crutch is quite brave of you. Well done.
    Sorry but PvP lvls means nothing, period!

You mean to tell me a bad player can't AFK most of the time in mini games if they want? You can get PvP lvls by doing nothing even if you can only mini games. So spare my the damn ********.

Also don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about fighting players in blues vs full PvP 10 geared players. This is about the gap between PVP GEAR.
    I said the gap between the PvP tiers is not enough to carry any player.
    I always said there should be no difference between tiers and it only be for vanity. Look in my damn post history.
    So again don't start spouting your ********.

@ Petridish

Once again I never said gear did not matter! This thread is about PvP gear and the gaps between the tiers.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Gear means much in all mmos. This patch is ok , FC at least reworked and lowered gap between tiers pvp gear, but now there is another huge gap = AA system. FC must make AA's like feats. AA system have to be aviable even without expansion. Ofc FC have to earn money too. Bori have to be removed or have to be changed in way that you dont need to dig there, so FC can add some pvp content wich is aviable for premium players only.

Quote Originally Posted by gazoder View Post
    Gear means much in all mmos. This patch is ok , FC at least reworked and lowered gap between tiers pvp gear, but now there is another huge gap = AA system. FC must make AA's like feats. AA system have to be aviable even without expansion. Ofc FC have to earn money too. Bori have to be removed or have to be changed in way that you dont need to dig there, so FC can add some pvp content wich is aviable for premium players only.
    Remove XP from rocks, stay with tokens from them, vote.

Easy code work, easy fix.

PS. This should be done three months after bori was released, at last decrease gain PVP XP by 95%.
    Last edited by Radek87; 20th March 2014 at 07:36.
    We will be Serious after death.

It's still crap imo.

The gap between pvp1 and the top gear is too big. It should be very very small. If it was like this it would be about skill, not gear. If the top pvp T3 soldier gear has 100 strength I want the T1 gear to have 95 strength. << Thats how close the stats should be. With the T2 gear somewhere in the middle.

People will still farm gear before they pvp. Just like before. No change.
    i agree with u...in fact ppl with higher pvp lvl should have even worse gear than low lvl-s, cos they are vets, skilled players...cmon, many of us are pvp-ing 4 last 6 years, why do we need even gear, we got enough skills by now...who are we to prevent u from fighting for ur pvp status? game is reflection of Rl...when u finish ur school, asap as u get a job u have same status as everybody in the "whatever", wouldnt u say so? secretary with big uknowwhat, unlimited company card, car and ...everything ffs...
    so why u cant get this in some stupid game? u paid for it, u have a right to demand and claim ur rights!!!!
    herefor, i support this person, and all other alike!!! funcom, do something, for gods sake!!!!! and 4 high pvp lvls vets, make a visual difference, lets say something like donkey's ears? that would further more describe our status and treatment we deserved for all this time by funcom...so we ask to reward as as well!! !! !!
    Marny
    Marny----> Imarny
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope,and nice red uniforms.

The first PvP set available should have no level restriction, it's been asked on TL several times.
    PvP 4 is not that hard to get, but it's still several weeks for a normal person. That is several weeks of being farmed so it pretty much nullifies any chance that a newbie will stick around for that long.

And what's up with the cost in term of gold ?
    More than 10G for the first PvP set, seriously, devs forget how ridiculously hard it is to get cash in AoC, even more for a PvP player.

That being said, the current status of PvP is on the right track, but that entry PvP set needs to come for free without level restriction, because right now, on top of all the t4 players burning everything we've got everyone above lvl4 dealing massive damage.

So the regular newbie is even more isolated, alienated and farmed than before.
    So K4nnyc is kinda right when he says that the situation is actually much worse for the real newbie.

I've been bringing my tos in PvP, it's now lvl 2, wohoo, and frankly, it hurts.
    Basically there's often 1 newbie per mini, and the poor guy get obliterated because he's just the first target, and there are so many high level around and everyone got t4 damage output.

All in all, mini have become even less beginner friendly. I did believe back in time that it could not get any worse for newcomers, go figure ^^

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast