Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: pvp armor rebalanced on TL

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    The only way a reset is feasible, is AoC 2: Return of Thoth Amon.

New players, better balance, etc. Any reset in the current game will be game over.
    yep
    aoc 2.0 is the way to go

thot amon might a bit old school imo tho

Yes the PVP level would be reset. But you will see your old stats in a "legacy pvp" tab. Your wins/Losses your KD your pvp level all your mini wins/losses will all be there in the Legacy tab for everyone to see. So you don't really lose anything.

With propper pvp stats you wont be able to fake it, blag it or bori/cheat your way to pvp 10. There would be full comprehensive stats, something to build on, REAL, honest, fair pvp progression.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Reset pvp and you'll have exactly the same problem 2 months down the line. Once you hit pvp 10 with gear you're capped but anyone under pvp 10 is always catching up.

Resetting pvp level will not hurt any of the hardcore players as they will VERY quickly be back on top. You will just simply put the casual player back to pvp 0 and it will take them another age to get back what they once spent ages already on. Giving both casual and hardcore players a new excuse to leave to avoid grind.

The only people you will hurt on pvp reset is the casual players that are taking their time in getting 'catch up' gear.

You've clearly not thought it through. Reset and the same will happen except you'll just give the ppl that grinder it once a reason to leave to avoid the new grind.

I don't know who you are. I don't know where you play.
    But right now with gear changes even pvp 4-5 are doing incredibly well.

AoC pvp have never been about this much skill. In the days were ppl will argue aoc was about skill it was about comboskip, gems, caster rolling, and combo moulding.

This game is super balanced for pvp in these new gears I'm seeing it 75% skill 25% gear for a pvp5 vs pvp10 right now.
    Last edited by Surgery; 24th March 2014 at 17:04.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    Reset pvp and you'll have exactly the same problem 2 months down the line. Once you hit pvp 10 with gear you're capped but anyone under pvp 10 is always catching up.

Resetting pvp level will not hurt any of the hardcore players as they will VERY quickly be back on top. You will just simply put the casual player back to pvp 0 and it will take them another age to get back what they once spent ages already on. Giving both casual and hardcore players a new excuse to leave to avoid grind.

The only people you will hurt on pvp reset is the casual players that are taking their time in getting 'catch up' gear.

You've clearly not thought it through. Reset and the same will happen except you'll just give the ppl that grinder it once a reason to leave to avoid the new grind.

I don't know who you are. I don't know where you play.
    But right now with gear changes even pvp 4-5 are doing incredibly well.

AoC pvp have never been about this much skill. In the days were ppl will argue aoc was about skill it was about comboskip, gems, caster rolling, and combo moulding.

This game is super balanced for pvp in these new gears I'm seeing it 75% skill 25% gear for a pvp5 vs pvp10 right now.
    bro, i think he mentioned reducing the gap between pvp gear tiers a billion times, casuals wouldnt be hurt

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    It's still crap imo.

The gap between pvp1 and the top gear is too big. It should be very very small. If it was like this it would be about skill, not gear. If the top pvp T3 soldier gear has 100 strength I want the T1 gear to have 95 strength. << Thats how close the stats should be. With the T2 gear somewhere in the middle.

People will still farm gear before they pvp. Just like before. No change.
    agreed. I won't play again until we see unchained minis. This is just a band-aid fix.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    agreed. I won't play again until we see unchained minis. This is just a band-aid fix.
    On the upside now they can just give everyone PVP T3 gear when joining a mini and bam unchained minis are done with gear balance. Regardless they needed to have a balanced set of gear before they can move forward with unchained minis.

Edit* more balanced
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 24th March 2014 at 21:15.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Then why is the gear not balanced and they still try to "revamp" classes via gear?

How can there be any progress with seeing what is wrong with class balance, if they keep adding new variables instead of using things like unchained minis as a diagnosis option, too? But this would require equally budgetted gear, which we do not have now along the tiers and classes.

PvP level means nothing.....its just a means to determine what teir of gear you get to wear....and if kenny gets his way and there is only 5-10% diff between T1 and T3....who the fudge is going to care about getting any more than T1.

Just have non class related gear.....not even graded cloth to heavy.....that you can buy with pvp tokens. Have them favoured heavily in one stat (Prot, Armour, Magic Damage,) and anyone can mix and match ie everyone has access to the same gear. Hate to say it but sorta like earning tokens to buy PvE gear

Would keep gear gaps smallish while still having something to play for. Stats are nice but most people like shiney things over a speadsheet to wank over

However the point you are all missing is this.

75% of the poor noobs you are trying to look out for, by removing gaps between veterens and them, cry about getting stomped in pvp because they are just that....newbies.

They dont know that you have to sit on the pad after getting killed 1-2 times....or go into hide the whole mini if their team gets a cap against them. They try and play as a "team" and play for objectives like the game intends.

Hate to quote Kramps here but the remaining players are killing AoC not Funcom.
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 24th March 2014 at 19:39.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Maybe then it is time to give pvp level a meaning and make progression less linear and more based on players choice???

Different strengths and weakness and more gear variety, while still keeping the budget similar in a tier, can do that.
    A pvp feat tree requiring CHOICES can do that.
    Ingame earned rewards you can also loose again, can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post

75% of the poor noobs you are trying to look out for, by removing gaps between veterens and them, cry about getting stomped in pvp because they are just that....newbies.

They dont know that you have to sit on the pad after getting killed 1-2 times....or go into hide the whole mini if their team gets a cap against them. They try and play as a "team" and play for objectives like the game intends.

Hate to quote Kramps here but the remaining players are killing AoC not Funcom.
    pal, thats a crom thing, dont blame the whole pvp community from the crap that happens on crom