Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: pvp armor rebalanced on TL

Kurt - nice post, I think the gear stats on pvp sets must be closer together so players don't feel they need to grind to have a fair chance in pvp. I think there needs to be a pvp reset too, not sure how you feel about that - did you read my pvp reset post?

Vehl - nice post but Vehl! AOC hasnt been pre 1.05 for years. And in the gem era we were all gemming up, I was hitting 2k white hits on my guard - there were 100% unkillable BS's with pulsing gems. We were all doing it on Aquilonia. And Gems are attached to gear and thus - we were gear farming to dominate those that don't have it.

You speak about players changing their playstyle and grinding the gear to be competitive - nobody wants to do that. Not 1 person. I bet if you ask all the bori farmers if they enjoyed farming for 3 months to get pvp 10 all of them will say it was sh1t, but they did it so they felt they could compete and have fun.

Some people are willing to grind the gear - some are not.
    If you look at the pvp population today you can clearly see that the "don't want to grind" group is larger and instead of changing their playstyle like you suggest. They just fvcking left aoc, and are playing other games.

So in summary: If the game is broken or not fun or flawed (as AOC pvp clearly is). Fix the damn game! The players don't need to change, they wont change, they will just leave to play a pvp game that works.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I rather liked what they did, when they introduced pvp10. Not sure i'd like a full reset, but when they overhaul the gear they could multiply the earned xp with a common factor to ensure all have to work again for best gear, but keep what earned. Sounds fairer to me, than a full reset

And yes, ideally there would be several sets along the levels, each with strengths and weaknesses players can combine. To really reduce the grind in pvp, they would have to cut the progression curve there off from pve though. This is not easily done, depending on the database state.

Maybe, if with the crafting revamp players can have pvp only enchantments to gear, this can be done by players, if funcom doesn't.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd March 2014 at 15:45.

I firmly believe they need to move pvp progression away from gear. This means moving the pvp sets stats closer together so there is essentially very little difference between the worst and best. 5%-10% maximum difference.

The pvp progression should move towards stats, a large sexy page of stats you cant hide, everyone can right click and check ur stats. Including behavioural stats linked to guild and personal server ranking. IE you kill a bunch of lowbies then you get murder points and a guild % penalty to your weekly ranking, same for leaving minis - you get a "left mini" stat and a % penalty for your weekly guild ranking. Top 50X players on the server based on mini wins/losses per week minimum 30 minis to be counted in rankings, KD, flag capping etc etc included. A % of xp in bori stat would be a fun stat too - if they didnt fix bori that is...

Thats the only real way forward for AOC IMHO. But for that you really will need a pvp level reset. (you can put a legacy pvp level and legacy KD in your new stats page so essentially you wont lose it)

But a reset would be needed.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 23rd March 2014 at 23:51.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Default !!!

Giving some love in pvp tier1 gear is not bad at all..In fact a lot of people can start pvp now..and be "little bit decent"..Sure this game is all about gear..Pve and Pvp wise..
    The major problem in pvp though,in minis is not gear related..Its Behaviour related..People who participate are "primadonas",when they die 1-2 times they leave minis...or they stay in ress..How sad..Their big ego got hurt..
    "Stupid amateurs..I m too good for u..U are all useless"...Ha ha!That is the status of pvp in Aoc in 2014..If someone joins 10 minigames 5 of them will end in favour of the opponents cause people leave..I dont think funcom can do anything..I mean funcom didnt do anything to ban hackers..this one is tottaly out of reach...Enjoy..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Giving some love in pvp tier1 gear is not bad at all..In fact a lot of people can start pvp now..and be "little bit decent"..Sure this game is all about gear..Pve and Pvp wise..
    The major problem in pvp though,in minis is not gear related..Its Behaviour related..People who participate are "primadonas",when they die 1-2 times they leave minis...or they stay in ress..How sad..Their big ego got hurt..
    "Stupid amateurs..I m too good for u..U are all useless"...Ha ha!That is the status of pvp in Aoc in 2014..If someone joins 10 minigames 5 of them will end in favour of the opponents cause people leave..I dont think funcom can do anything..I mean funcom didnt do anything to ban hackers..this one is tottaly out of reach...Enjoy..!!!
    Their unwillingness to hire a couple of voluteer GMs to identify hackers for the paid GMs to ban/close accounts is baffling.

BAFFLING.

In 2 weeks the hackers that have been hacking like lumberjacks for 6 years could be gone. GM volunteer comes in spectates minis - identifies the hacker, makes video adds him to the watchlist.

2nd GM comes online, he check the watchlist, checks if any are online - spectates them, confirms they are hacker - passes it up to paid GM.

Paid GM comes online, he sees 2 GM reports of player x hacking - he spectates in mini or open world and confirms player x using comber and teleport.

GM suspends the account for 1 month, gives the hacker 1 strike.
    On the 3rd strike player x account is permanently closed.

THIS IS FREE. AND REQUIRES NO EXTRA DEV TIME. AND YOU CAN ALREADY USE TRUSTED VOLUNTEER GMs. WHY DONT YOU DO THIS FUNCOM?

In 1 month the population of Rage server would be halved LOLZ
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 24th March 2014 at 01:13.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

now they should do something to AAs.....I mean I bought whole set from item shop for my pvp 0 DT and its still pain to see that my DT in full epic gear has 13k HP and 28% magic mitigation in defensive stance and when I log on my demo I Have 11K HP (with healers buff) and 29% magic mitigation + super uber dmg from range....

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    I firmly believe they need to move pvp progression away from gear. This means moving the pvp sets stats closer together so there is essentially very little difference between the worst and best. 5%-10% maximum difference.

The pvp progression should move towards stats, a large sexy page of stats you cant hide, everyone can right click and check ur stats. Including behavioural stats linked to guild and personal server ranking. IE you kill a bunch of lowbies then you get murder points and a guild % penalty to your weekly ranking, same for leaving minis - you get a "left mini" stat and a % penalty for your weekly guild ranking. Top 50X players on the server based on mini wins/losses per week minimum 30 minis to be counted in rankings, KD, flag capping etc etc included. A % of xp in bori stat would be a fun stat too - if they didnt fix bori that is...

Thats the only real way forward for AOC IMHO. But for that you really will need a pvp level reset. (you can put a legacy pvp level and legacy KD in your new stats page so essentially you wont lose it)

But a reset would be needed.
    i agree with all of this, but i feel alot of customers would leave if it were to happen overnight

I agree too except of "the reset" which is simply not possible to arrange otherwise we will loose players.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    I agree too except of "the reset" which is simply not possible to arrange otherwise we will loose players.
    reset is necessary

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    reset is necessary
    The only way a reset is feasible, is AoC 2: Return of Thoth Amon.

New players, better balance, etc. Any reset in the current game will be game over.