Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: craft revamp status?

Oook, 20 days after my question nobody has answered so I assume nobody has finishing the crafting system as a main job.

I'm going to the seller to empty my inventory.

PD: I think in US inters work for free...
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    non crit = trash to recycle untill it crits = grindcraft
    Thats why I suggested, that disassembeling items should have a loss of materials, so you can not craft endlessly.
    In addition, a skill or ability, let´s say "crafting points pool" (like the sprint bar), which exhaustes while you craft would prevent inifite crafting try. So it takes some time until you can craft after some crafting items.
    And furthermore it would be nice for the Funcom Shop, when you can enhance this pool for real money - or refresh at a shorter time.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    Thats why I suggested, that disassembeling items should have a loss of materials, so you can not craft endlessly.
    In addition, a skill or ability, let´s say "crafting points pool" (like the sprint bar), which exhaustes while you craft would prevent inifite crafting try. So it takes some time until you can craft after some crafting items.
    And furthermore it would be nice for the Funcom Shop, when you can enhance this pool for real money - or refresh at a shorter time.
    dimishing value from recycling is expected.
    what will happen is crystal clear:

3-4people in raid force will go back to guild city or another preassigned place where crafting gets bigger crit boost to stack with the raid craft buff, they will have an overflow of materials so they can spam craft untill crit happens on craft and item isnt trash, if crit fails they will recycle on the fly to craft untill it crits and item isnt trash.

meaning the whole raid will get halted while crit buff lasts so crafters will grind untill it crits, the people who sponcered materials will demand it.

no one will want non crited item its just trash to recycle and grindcraft untill it crits.

i believe in murphy's law, and murphy's law believes in me, i will get trolled with trash non crited items untill i simply give up crafting all together and no matter how much ill grindcraft i will get trolled by lady luck into hating crafting.
    so i preemptively already hate crafting for the luck based grindfest it will bring, similarly i gave up doing the unchained quests got tired getting trolled by potions and useless epics i cant find use for, like on my guard got 3 times -hate necklase.

i would realy like the option to obtain vanity skins to adjust/craft on the fly the looks of armor i have without changing its stats, would be great business for funcom indeed to sell some portion of these vanity skin recipes on item shop, im still wanting to get skyshear & vengeafull zeal & ferine anger sets for vanity on multiple chars, and so many sets i wish to be obtainable ingame from true hyboria non shitai.

that is only use for crafting ill enjoy if it even gets a possibility i wont waste any time trying to grindcraft i already know ill get trolled by trash i wont use and wont be able to sell.

crafting revamp like i posted before is missed oportunity to introduce faction pvp quests with faction selling crafters recipes to mount a tent with npc representative issuing offensive quests to destroy same tents in oposing guilds buildings

why not shitai factions sell you/teavh you skin recipes for all the diferent sets developed for each faction, would be nice time sink for crafters and new breath and meaning to the factions, including the turan forgotten faction, and hyborian shadow brotherood...and all the missing hyborian factions, why not red hand tortage faction...

also diferent shrines/temples to diferent divinities with pvp quests to destroy temple statues and npc's in other guild cities

adjusting thieves guild building so it issues pvp quests to steal/sabotage building and items in other guild cities.

creating items wich allow you to scale walls like already ingame rope for isle iron statues vastly increasing your climbing skill, with adjusting certain guild/keep walls to be climbable

adding some form of small player housing in guild cities even just simple open building of diferent cultures would be great especialy for the fringe rp players and architect/lore enthusiasts

changing whole guild city themes to be more culture based.

allowing crafting of kithai type of food with critigation/magic damage/combat rating

allow crafting of placeable pvp tents similar to siege ones allowing siege weapons to be used in open world and grant friendly people near it rez option and small health/mana/stamina regen buff

allow stables to be build in guild cities to slowly similar to kithai tyger/wolf mount you could quest train your own mount with your quest decission influencing final enhancements on mount, like training an undead mount to have stealth or extra sprint or protection buff

i could write whole pages of sugestions all of wich are better then proposed grindcraft bullcrap wich only grindcrafters will enjoy rest of population will get tired quickly after realizing the time they spent gathering materials went to waste because they simply arent lucky or are part of a big guild who can clear content wich grants best crit craft buff.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Will even ever be a craft revamp?
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    dimishing value from recycling is expected.
    what will happen is crystal clear:

3-4people in raid force will go back to guild city or another preassigned place where crafting gets bigger crit boost to stack with the raid craft buff, they will have an overflow of materials so they can spam craft untill crit happens on craft and item isnt trash, if crit fails they will recycle on the fly to craft untill it crits and item isnt trash.

meaning the whole raid will get halted while crit buff lasts so crafters will grind untill it crits, the people who sponcered materials will demand it.
    There is an easy solution to this. The buff given from killing a raid boss could be a stack-able buff with unlimited duration. While you have stacks of the buff, your next crafted item will have +crit chance %. Each time you craft an item, your stack decreases by one until you lose the buff.

Completely solves the problem of people wanting to ditch their raid just to craft for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    There is an easy solution to this. The buff given from killing a raid boss could be a stack-able buff with unlimited duration. While you have stacks of the buff, your next crafted item will have +crit chance %. Each time you craft an item, your stack decreases by one until you lose the buff.

Completely solves the problem of people wanting to ditch their raid just to craft for 5 minutes.
    that would potencialy be worse given people wanting the craft would bitch for the whole 24 people after raid go craft untill it crits .

especialy given that you sugest diminishing luck raid buff.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

The sad thing is FC already had a luck based crafting system. And it failed miserably -- the gem disaster of 2008. So they scraped that and put in this crafting system which at least makes sense and is defined.

Who want a critical chance (luck) based system? Furthermore, it doesnt make sense, critical crafting chance? wtf does that even mean?

Please make it defined, and expected outcome.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    The sad thing is FC already had a luck based crafting system. And it failed miserably -- the gem disaster of 2008. So they scraped that and put in this crafting system which at least makes sense and is defined.

Who want a critical chance (luck) based system? Furthermore, it doesnt make sense, critical crafting chance? wtf does that even mean?

Please make it defined, and expected outcome.
    Similar to SWTOR I assume.

especialy given that you sugest diminishing luck raid buff.
    Ah, that isn't exactly what I meant. This wouldn't be a diminishing luck buff. What I mean is that basically, you kill a boss and the buff you get is a number of charges for + crit chance. I.E. kill General Sheng, and get a 10 stack buff (10 charges). Meaning the next 10 times you craft, you get the exact same + crit chance each attempt. Once you have used all 10 charges of the buff, it goes away and your crit chance returns to normal.

that would potencialy be worse given people wanting the craft would bitch for the whole 24 people after raid go craft untill it crits .
    I do see the point here, but it isn't really any difference with a time based buff or a set number of crafts buff in terms of someone wanting others to help craft.

If you can craft for say 5 minutes as many times as you want, that is still a limited number of crafts you complete. You could ask half the raid to come help you craft and you split your resources among them. Same as if you all only get something like 10 crafts.

The main difference being, at least with the charges buff, you don't have to hold the whole raid up and can get to your crafting whenever you and your friends want.

I'm not saying this is the perfect and only viable solution for crafting. This is just an idea that can be used and/or built upon, or avoided, to make crafting better.

what i read is you dodging the satelite guided missile wich renders whole crafting as a waste of time.

luck based crafting = grindcraft

you will need to grind untill you have the crited items.

i believe in murphy's law, and murphy's law believes in me, i will get trolled with trash non crited items untill i simply give up crafting all together and no matter how much ill grindcraft i will get trolled by lady luck into hating crafting.
    so i preemptively already hate crafting for the luck based grindfest it will bring, similarly i gave up doing the unchained quests got tired getting trolled by potions and useless epics i cant find use for, like on my guard got 3 times -hate necklase.

i would realy like the option to obtain vanity skins to adjust/craft on the fly the looks of armor i have without changing its stats, would be great business for funcom indeed to sell some portion of these vanity skin recipes on item shop, im still wanting to get skyshear & vengeafull zeal & ferine anger sets for vanity on multiple chars, and so many sets i wish to be obtainable ingame from true hyboria non shitai.

that is only use for crafting ill enjoy if it even gets a possibility i wont waste any time trying to grindcraft i already know ill get trolled by trash i wont use and wont be able to sell.

crafting revamp like i posted before is missed oportunity to introduce faction pvp quests with faction selling crafters recipes to mount a tent with npc representative issuing offensive quests to destroy same tents in oposing guilds buildings

why not shitai factions sell you/teavh you skin recipes for all the diferent sets developed for each faction, would be nice time sink for crafters and new breath and meaning to the factions, including the turan forgotten faction, and hyborian shadow brotherood...and all the missing hyborian factions, why not red hand tortage faction...

also diferent shrines/temples to diferent divinities with pvp quests to destroy temple statues and npc's in other guild cities

adjusting thieves guild building so it issues pvp quests to steal/sabotage building and items in other guild cities.

creating items wich allow you to scale walls like already ingame rope for isle iron statues vastly increasing your climbing skill, with adjusting certain guild/keep walls to be climbable

adding some form of small player housing in guild cities even just simple open building of diferent cultures would be great especialy for the fringe rp players and architect/lore enthusiasts

changing whole guild city themes to be more culture based.

allowing crafting of kithai type of food with critigation/magic damage/combat rating

allow crafting of placeable pvp tents similar to siege ones allowing siege weapons to be used in open world and grant friendly people near it rez option and small health/mana/stamina regen buff

allow stables to be build in guild cities to slowly similar to kithai tyger/wolf mount you could quest train your own mount with your quest decission influencing final enhancements on mount, like training an undead mount to have stealth or extra sprint or protection buff

like i tried point out there is lots of diferent aspects left totaly out of crafting wich would make it far reaching particularly in introducing kithai pvp quests and kithai faction integration with pvp and guild cities fomenting guild vs guild pvp.

more a real alternative to crit grindcraft is something similar to tsw signets wich add procs to some armor pieces+weapons wich is inplace in oldworld items and would be fitting and non luck based to launch instead of crit craft.

just multiple signets dropping from bosses in every single dungeon from black castle to coils of ubah khan, and also kill 10 player a day pvp quests with signets atached to reward, maybe even a box generating random pvp signet.

so you have grind luck based stats and i sugested on testlive dunno how long ago remove that imbecil luck based crap and add signets to crafting with fixed stats to encourage all dungeons in this game to be visited, to recover oldworld procs and develop them into nowadays with heal rating procs or extra critigation procs for example, and diferent pvp procs like pvp evade/immunity pvp protection procs on receiving spell damage.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast