Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: craft revamp status?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    If someone buys the improved version, all others will have to buy the normal version – or wait a long time to get the improved version.
    So, you are saying people will buy the Ring of Luck when they know that there is an improved version as well? Because I wouldn't. I would buy either the improved version or none at all.

The problem are not wrong expectations. I do expect to have to do several tries to get an improved version and that's why I expect grind. And because I wouldn't buy an non improved version, I will consider all these non-improved rings as trash.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

As long as you can recycle some mats, everything should be fine.

Normally with critical crafting systems like this you can sell the blue crafts for quite cheap which is good for those wih little money and sell the purple for those die hards. You are typically able to extract materials from the blues recovering most of your costs. If funcom knows what they are doing an not just trying to clone other successful crafting systems which is likely, then he vendor price of your non crits will be high enough that you can offset the majority of your costs.

But what it comes down to, the purple crits are what you make your money on, so for those freaking out that you aren't going to make any money selling "the blue result of a recipe with a possible crit, you are right! His kind of system is much more complicated than what you see in the gam currently and much more involved.

But like I said, if the vendor price on your blue "trash" is only 29 copper when it costs 40silver to make, or he stats on the purples aren't to drool over, than this system will be the biggest mistake fc made yet. This system could also so wonders for the market and the price of recipes.

Sorry for typos I'm not brain dead just on an iphone
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 28th March 2014 at 18:23.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    This system could also so wonders for the market and the price of recipes.

But there won't be any recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    So, you are saying people will buy the Ring of Luck when they know that there is an improved version as well? Because I wouldn't. I would buy either the improved version or none at all.
    It is a question how much the ring will cost. Would you buy the only Improved one for 150 Gold? Maybe someone would, maybe you? If so, the price for the next one will be higher. If not, the price will drop but this takes time, in which you might buy and use the normal version until the day comes where you decide that this price is suitable for the improved version.

It comparable with ibis-swords: even when they are offered in the trading post, they wont sell only "because the do exist". It is matter of price.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    If not, the price will drop but this takes time, in which you might buy and use the normal version until the day comes where you decide that this price is suitable for the improved version.
    What I know of myself is, that I wouldn't. I would wait until the improved version has a reasonable price and get by until then with what I already have.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

It could work fine as luck if it had the same chance of opposite luck if any at all. If you had a 2.5% of making a weapon better than what you were crafting and a 2.5% chance of making one worse or breaking it and the rest was just a chance to make the weapon you intended to make without any extra buffs or debuffs then it would be interesting. What would be annoying is, if you had a 2.5% of making an expectional weapon and a 97.5% of making nothing, wasting the resources, or breaking it into a pile of scrap junk. That would not be so fun or interesting.

Crit craft system is the most foolish ever!

In a world where players want to micro manage their toons, wasting cash is not going to happen -unless you can make some colored flower hat thats oh so unique in looks...

Every item crafted which are < maximum possible with crits, is as useless as culture armors are today...

-just fit for recycling (mats sink) and thus just opens for material grind galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartholtr View Post

Every item crafted which are < maximum possible with crits, is as useless as culture armors are today...
    Well, I sell approx. one culture armor per day, it can´t be so useless.
    Last edited by Nexothep; 4th April 2014 at 11:57.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

was bad enough last twitter hero turned game into luck based combat, its horrid that his legacy crafting system will have luck based crafting.

non crit = trash to recycle untill it crits = grindcraft
    raid crit craft buffs = people wasting time to stop raid so crafters can go spam craft items untill they crit while buff lasts
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast