Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: craft revamp status?

It is the january GD letter 2014 i was referring to.

Quote: "We have now given all existing items (an astronomical number and a gigantic process) salvage tables, allowing them to be broken down into crafting materials. This was needed so everything which can be looted in-game has the potential to be made into needed pieces for the upcoming crafting recipes. Finishing this milestone was a huge data task and it moves us a big step closer to finishing the tradeskill revamp."

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I assume it's still a few months off.
    Just like few years ago... lol
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    They have already posted in a monthly update that stockpiles of the old basic resources will be 'converted' to new resources.
    Could you please give a proof or a link for this announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    Just like few years ago... lol
    First announcement for the revamp was in November 2011 (look here under 4.0)

I´m a crafter and trader by passion and I´m torn into two:
    As I have collected thousands of materials (one twink has 5.000 redwillow bark in his guild bank) I would be glad to change those old ressources into new ones to get a bonus from the start. If not - never mind.

We have been told, that all crafted items will remain as "legacy items" in the new system.
    So, I would prefer a method, that all those items, which I can craft NOW (Armour, Weapons, Potions) can be broken down to new materials. So I will be forced to craft as many items with my current ressources now and play the game in the way its meant to play.
    This will reward crafters and not the collectors / gatherers.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

in: http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...september_2013

"In regards to common community questions regarding the Tradeskill system, many people are concerned that resources they have saved up might become useless. We will provide, at the very least, a way to trade old resources for equivalent new resources."

also:

"In order to accommodate the additional demands on items, we are also looking at additional ways to expand player inventories and bank space!"
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

This is a free to play game, why should you have any expectations?

oh wait...
    Last edited by twinklez3; 19th March 2014 at 20:18.

Does that mean they will finally fix the rough leather ludicrous drop rate as well? Can we start making lower level gear perhaps with special recipes we purchase or find on quests? Can we reforge items to get perhaps even a fraction of the buffs from one item to a new item or old item its merged with? All that would be very cool.

True but if you even paid for one year of membership, you have given funcom over 100 bucks, if you bought the game before it was f2p, you gave them $50, if you bought any points packages, you gave them at least 10 or 20 bucks, so even if they have one p2p player, it gives them twice the price of a new game value every year if they get the best package, but if they get the priciest its more than double that.

They really should revamp the pay system. People who pay want better return for their investment than aoc currently really has. Look at the item store, too many things are usable only for one avatar up to about 20 levels, if you get it early enough. They need way better stuff and more choices than they have for real money, even the vet store is pretty bare for what one expects for real money.
    Last edited by Xularianne; 26th March 2014 at 00:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    It is the january GD letter 2014 i was referring to.

Quote: "We have now given all existing items (an astronomical number and a gigantic process) salvage tables, allowing them to be broken down into crafting materials. This was needed so everything which can be looted in-game has the potential to be made into needed pieces for the upcoming crafting recipes. Finishing this milestone was a huge data task and it moves us a big step closer to finishing the tradeskill revamp."
    Breaking down items would be cool, so maybe they are taking a cue from Fallout, I wish they would do the same for other things like the critical chance feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Xularianne View Post
    Breaking down items would be cool, so maybe they are taking a cue from Fallout, I wish they would do the same for other things like the critical chance feature.
    They've said that the new crafting system will include a 2.5% base chance of having a "critical success" on any crafted item. That base chance can be raised with modifiers that players will discover as they work within the system.

Crit chance crafting = luck based crafting = fail crafting

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast