Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do when you're "that guy"

My friend keeps laughing at me, because back in the days our guild was about to kill basilisk on first try, but on 25% my sin bomb exploded with a critt and i got aggro, which caused all tanks and healers to get stunned.

I things that regularaly happens to me is that I accidentally press SHIFT and ALT at the same time, which cause my keyboard to go from AZERTY to QWERTY, and mess up with all my keybinding.

Nothing respond when I press the key, except the fey key in common between th two layout. I'm generally confused as hell a few second before I realize what's going on. Usually no big deal, but it still caused one or two group wipe (because it happened in a critical moment of the fight)
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Dodge...I've done the same thing. I was on my Necro after having been away from the game a while.

My guild was getting close to downing the Zodiac for the first time and we had a really strong pull going. It was the transition from the 3rd to the final boss...and I got turned around. I felt like a royal boob.

Almost as bad as that.....was being "that guy" who lets the Ghost Spawn chew the receptical down to 2% then pulls and kites....but effs it up and the receptical breaks early and you lose the boss and have to scout another and start over.

We've all been that guy at one time or another. It's just part of being human.

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    I had a very embarrsing moment recently. We were all getting ready to fight the Emperor in Jade Citadel and were just waiting for the last guy to enter the citadel (someone who didn't have a ress off course).

I was gonna type something in chat and pressed my 'C' button. A key I also have bound to irritate. Unfortunately I wasn't in the chat so my 'C'-click started the fight very prematurely. Needless to say I felt a bit stupid and I didn't even attempt to pay the 'lag card' as people noticed what I did and made sure I was the target of endless ridicule.
    I bet hundreds, no... thousands... of players have caused a wipe in just this way. The one I remember like this would be from WoW, where I went to hit the 'o' key and hit the '0' key instead and shot an arrow at a dragon. I'm sure I've done the same thing in AoC, but since my first accidental wipe like this was from that other game, it doesn't quite stay with me as that one did.

I do recall an early progression wipe on Sheng because I forgot to switch in Steadfast Faith on my perk bar and the entire tank group died from Storm. I have never taken SFF off my perk bar since.

I hereby want to counter unfounded rumors that I once killed the receptable in the Enigmata of Yag final boss fight while the rest of the group was inside.

As I play all classes flawlessly, I always had exact knowledge about Ranger white hits causing a DoT, so that never could have happened to me.

All contrary rumours have been started by jealous detractors.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by AOC-Kyyle View Post
    Dodge...I've done the same thing. I was on my Necro after having been away from the game a while.

My guild was getting close to downing the Zodiac for the first time and we had a really strong pull going. It was the transition from the 3rd to the final boss...and I got turned around. I felt like a royal boob.

Almost as bad as that.....was being "that guy" who lets the Ghost Spawn chew the receptical down to 2% then pulls and kites....but effs it up and the receptical breaks early and you lose the boss and have to scout another and start over.

We've all been that guy at one time or another. It's just part of being human.
    Zodiac screw up is the worst in my opinion because 23 other people spend 10 mins+ being excellent at what they have to do, and being responsible for bringing the whole raid to a wipe at the very end is especially depressing.

Yeah I can say that I'm glad I only wasted 5 other people's time... Lol I may need a name change if I ruin 23 others' night!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12