Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you're "that guy"

Default What do you do when you're "that guy"

Had a few great runs in flame/vortex... then kept screwing up the timing on th during flame. Call it lag, computer problems, whatever, but the bottom line is... I was "that guy" today.

The noob, the guy that doesn't know his A from a hole in the ground... and I felt bad for wasting everyone's time.

My advice, which is exactly what I did, is to apologize to everyone, and step out of the group, especially if people are frustrated. Take a breath, try again later.

Anyone else got any embarrassing group memories to share?

We've all got them!

I had a very embarrsing moment recently. We were all getting ready to fight the Emperor in Jade Citadel and were just waiting for the last guy to enter the citadel (someone who didn't have a ress off course).

I was gonna type something in chat and pressed my 'C' button. A key I also have bound to irritate. Unfortunately I wasn't in the chat so my 'C'-click started the fight very prematurely. Needless to say I felt a bit stupid and I didn't even attempt to pay the 'lag card' as people noticed what I did and made sure I was the target of endless ridicule.
    Last edited by Maark; 15th March 2014 at 18:37.
    Retired

I pulled Imp when he was supposed to do a lap and get back to the tanks who didn't catch the teleport.

I have wiped raid on Basilisk on a few occations. Made just about everyone get petrified...

I love the people that fall into the big hole in Entity fight!

My biggest F#@k up was during a Zodiac fight when we were learning it through progression. I was assigned #1 spot which covered the row furthest from the emperor. When we had the last boss at around 20% everyone thought we would down the boss for the first time, however when a season was called my mouse went crazy on me and i ended up standing on a pad on the opposite corner from where I usually am while the entire raid was getting aoe'd to death. People were screaming in vent, I was pissed off at what I thought was someone else, then I realized I was the only person in the wrong spot.....Big fail. from that moment on i had zoom maxed out for every following zodiac fight.

Oh man... at least there was the lack of actual screaming in my case. Caps? Oh yeah... plenty of those! lol I dunno what I would have done if they were actually yelling at me

I think everybody who's raided enough times over the years has had their fair share of causing a wipe, the part you rarely read about is people actually admitting it =)
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

I cc'd the dog in Iron Tower hardmode last boss. hehe. that was popular.

There is two thing that I didn't bind on hox. The contract of Set (the shield that last 4 hours) and my teleports. Those two are near each other.

I accidentaly clicked on a teleport instead of shield after a wipe in T3 craft, just before we started the fight again...
    Since I was just rezzed, the tp was instant.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 17th March 2014 at 09:13.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I was in ROF with my barb...and I kept hitting tainted weapons to get the debuff off...over and over...three times I think...before I screamed at my guildies..I am hitting it FFS...TAINTED WEAPONS...they are hooting at me saying..FINELY HONED IDIOT...well they didn't really call me idiot..but they should have!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast