Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AoC History

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Last time a game got hyped like that was...oh Starwars? And we all know how that ended up :X

I am not saying ESO is bad, but ZOMG we have had some AOC killers over the years and some of those are not even around anymore.

That being said 2013-2014 so far worst years for aoc.
    I don't know, ESO is offering very rewarding pvp for any size group, where GW2 only offered zerg pvp as open world. AoC opened my eyes to open world, and I have loved it ever since. But since most players hide from it nowadays, I don't see much point in not trying a game that is offering some promising open world.

I'm tired of these terrible pug minis, and even though I know some changes and rebalances are coming, all of a sudden it's silent and now the TL forums have been down for days, and all of this just a few weeks before ESO goes live. I'm taking my vacation to play ESO, there has not been a patch in AoC since 2010 that has warranted me to do the same...
    Doomsayer 2008

Same feeling basically, devs gone quiet, servers gone quiet pvp wise...

Meh, just like with the merges that got delayed over and over and then the free transfers that got delayed even more... While waiting for the post-merges transfers sooo many people on Fury gave up, the big Russian guilds started getting smaller and smaller and the siege activity slowed down severely too (and premades). Some of the few who remained went to Crom yes, but there was a lot more players than that on Fury long before the transfers were open. Fury was weak right before the transfers, but it was really good post merges with some fun US/Eu pvp rivalry - and could have been even better with transfers.

FC has to realize that even the most hardcore fans give up at some point.

I'm definitely taking a TESO vacation, honestly I don't even care if it ends up sucking, it'll still be a breath of fresh air and something to explore. I still can't believe we have no ETA on the pvp patch(es) for AoC :/ Not even gear changes...
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

AOC was my first MMO and probably the first game i would actually go sick from work so i could stay online playing !!

My first server was "battlescar" and was a member of EVO , who very quickly became quite infamous gankers. i remember the days of 7 instances in fields of the dead back in the first couple of months . As it was my first MMO i just assumed broken quests , bugs etc were normal but the more experienced MMO players got fed up very quickly , especialy those that rushed to level 80 and found there was very little to do back in the early days at high level , also from what i remember there was a leveling gap between 75-80 where there was not that many quests to help you level but i do remember some epic battles to get control of the deathmaster camps in Kesh for group xp grinding.

i noticed after a few months the population dropped quite a bit and after about 7-8 months , late at night it would be hard to find anyone online on the server i was on. Then i think about a year after launch they merged all the euro PVP servers into Fury and i remember some great mass PVP and the game had "come alive again"

Feeling like something different i transferred to aquilonia and joined "SCUM" guild , again some great times and lots of sieges , raids etc

left the game for about 6 months as i was starting to get a bit bored and went to fury , then to crom as wanted to try and explore the world without constantly having to watch my back ..had some good times since but miss the fun leveling up my first char (a conq) and m time on aquilonia was epic

Never really got back into the game since then and just played on and off. its a shame to see how the population has died off over the years , but also interesting to see how may leave to go and play a new game and end up coming back . My sub runs out in a few days and for the first time since 2008 i probably wont be renwing it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nunjaz View Post
    My sub runs out in a few days and for the first time since 2008 i probably wont be renwing it ...
    I did the same thing when ESO came out. Tried ESO, cried a little and re-newed my sub to AOC.

BTW I also did my time in SCUM on AQ. Epic guild.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I was (2008) BlueSteel-->Tyranny-->Cimmeria-->Wicanna-->Set (Now)

I think AoC has run its course this year. Most of the hold-outs I know from '08 are moving this year to ESO.

Yeah game is very dead right now, I knew ESO would take some players, but not this many, I log on, not much happening so log off.

Don't know if the game is going to survive this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnowsurfer View Post
    Don't know if the game is going to survive this time.
    Anarchy Online has been around for a long time and is even in the midst of an engine revamp, I believe.

Cimmeria RP-PvP. First and best loved server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12