Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Worried about the status of server Fury

I'm depressed. I still love AoCs unique feel. The combat system, the lore. But i don't have anything left to do on it. I've done all the six man dungeons (except black castle... i know shame on me), raid wise only Lurker and two boss in Ardashir but i'm not a raider so i can do without.
    I like PvP. And i like PvP server because there playing felt like an adventure. It use to be. Questing wasn't simply going from point A to point B kill a mob and go back to point A with only fighting occuring at point B. You had to be on your guard. Even when you weren't attacked, questing was harder because you had to keep your CC for players, just in case. Questing alone was dangerous, so you had to play with guildies which is the point of an MMO i guess...
    At least on RP-PvP servers reputation meant something and it structured the server. Those that felt ok with the reputation of lousy ruffians on one side, white knights on the other and various shades of grey.
    Damn ! So god damn fun. Sure sometimes frustrating. I was a total noob back in the days. When i reached level 80 i had killed 70 players and died a little under 1.000 times. But rarely camped, always guildies came and helped. And wars started !

And then open-world got stabbed in the back. Repeatedly. Over the years everything was made to make it more and more tedious to fight in open-world. Hindering spontaneous guild vs guild fights just so some cranky players could continue to quest solo.
    It always frustrated me to see them complain so much so fast. Some hardcore QQers you would look their toons up on YG and see them cry with something like a total of 200 deaths... PvP enthousiastes would drop everything they where doing and rush to help if they heard a guildie was getting ganked. But still some players claim PvPers destroyed PvP. Arg !!!

That kind of PvP i've never got enough. But now... what's left ? PuG minis and occasionnal Harry Potter sieges.
    The players left have become so 'professionnel'. Finnished the time where PvP was filled with 'skilled amateurs' more light minded and eager to fight for the sake of fighting rather than show off. All about the maths and less about the sport.

Aaah... good times:

Too bad they are so rare now... and moving to Crom won't change that.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Wink

Fury is dead?)
    If i move to Crom-no more open pvp hugs with Pimz((
    No people - no life

Penny, why you worrie about?
    Blind people says everything is ok
    No people - no life

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    is there nothing other than minis on this planet?
    people "i do only mini" destroying this game)
    No people - no life

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I'm depressed. I still love AoCs unique feel. The combat system, the lore. But i don't have anything left to do on it. I've done all the six man dungeons (except black castle... i know shame on me), raid wise only Lurker and two boss in Ardashir but i'm not a raider so i can do without.
    I like PvP. And i like PvP server because there playing felt like an adventure. It use to be. Questing wasn't simply going from point A to point B kill a mob and go back to point A with only fighting occuring at point B. You had to be on your guard. Even when you weren't attacked, questing was harder because you had to keep your CC for players, just in case. Questing alone was dangerous, so you had to play with guildies which is the point of an MMO i guess...
    At least on RP-PvP servers reputation meant something and it structured the server. Those that felt ok with the reputation of lousy ruffians on one side, white knights on the other and various shades of grey.
    Damn ! So god damn fun. Sure sometimes frustrating. I was a total noob back in the days. When i reached level 80 i had killed 70 players and died a little under 1.000 times. But rarely camped, always guildies came and helped. And wars started !

And then open-world got stabbed in the back. Repeatedly. Over the years everything was made to make it more and more tedious to fight in open-world. Hindering spontaneous guild vs guild fights just so some cranky players could continue to quest solo.
    It always frustrated me to see them complain so much so fast. Some hardcore QQers you would look their toons up on YG and see them cry with something like a total of 200 deaths... PvP enthousiastes would drop everything they where doing and rush to help if they heard a guildie was getting ganked. But still some players claim PvPers destroyed PvP. Arg !!!

That kind of PvP i've never got enough. But now... what's left ? PuG minis and occasionnal Harry Potter sieges.
    The players left have become so 'professionnel'. Finnished the time where PvP was filled with 'skilled amateurs' more light minded and eager to fight for the sake of fighting rather than show off. All about the maths and less about the sport.

Aaah... good times:

Too bad they are so rare now... and moving to Crom won't change that.
    So true.
    Open world pvp and guilds rivalities was the ****ing good old days.
    AoC just need a serious open world patch (more reasons to fight), Bori revamp or I don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    So true.
    AoC just need a serious open world patch (more reasons to fight), Bori revamp or I don't know..
    It was Clan the reason btw, Funcom closed pvp in BRC hall? Because it was not funny for them trying enter the wings..
    No people - no life

I never did get into PvP, but I honestly feel for the PvP community. Even though it's not something I do I can see that over time the developers have steadily taken the PvP aspect of this great game and watered and dumbed it down to the point that it's just a weak shadow of what it could have so easily been. To hear you guys talk about the days when you could reach out to your friends and guildies , and have them rally to help, which then would escalate to a guild vs guild brawl actually sounds fun to me and something I would enjoy participating in.
    But PvP levels and gear and Bori just seem like an effort to make PvP more like PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    Im haveing a hard time understanding why so many of the players in this game dont like open world pvp. This game is like made for pvp. Pvp is what makes the game so good. I really dont get it. The population on Fury is really low now, im starting to wonder if this is the end. Will the game still exsist until its 7th birthday next year? I doubt it actually.
    Because the PVP in this game is pure garbage.

Instead of being one players skill against another it's one players gear against another.

PVE should be a gear treadmill with ever difficult bosses to kill which require better gear.

PVP should be a game of dynamic territorial control and should have nothing to do whatsoever, in any way shape or form, a gear grind. In fact, when two players fight, they should essentially be fighting naked with a set of never-changing base PVP stats/armor.

But this will never happen in AoC. It's a gear grind AND an AA grind meaning that new players will never be anything more than useless punching bags against a full PVP 10 geared player with full AA's.

THIS is why Fury is dying. No one wants to start the game in a meat grinder where all the players have a six year gear and AA advantage.

AoC has the best raid content I've ever seen in a game, and yet the game directors routinely drop the ball year after year on the PVP side; Sieges, Bori, PVP Gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    So true.
    hmm since when does clan support open world pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    Because the PVP in this game is pure garbage.

Instead of being one players skill against another it's one players gear against another.

PVE should be a gear treadmill with ever difficult bosses to kill which require better gear.

PVP should be a game of dynamic territorial control and should have nothing to do whatsoever, in any way shape or form, a gear grind. In fact, when two players fight, they should essentially be fighting naked with a set of never-changing base PVP stats/armor.

But this will never happen in AoC. It's a gear grind AND an AA grind meaning that new players will never be anything more than useless punching bags against a full PVP 10 geared player with full AA's.

THIS is why Fury is dying. No one wants to start the game in a meat grinder where all the players have a six year gear and AA advantage.

AoC has the best raid content I've ever seen in a game, and yet the game directors routinely drop the ball year after year on the PVP side; Sieges, Bori, PVP Gear...
    this 100%

but then i understand the pvp gear revamp, the change is probably best done slowly since all that is left is fully geared ppl that will leave if they cant have that advantage over newbies