Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP Poll

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    my unedrstanding of the silence is that guilds would move, but either dont want to be the first to do it, or dont believe a reasonable surge of pop will happen. suctum, bring acos to fury
    I really doubt the ex-Fury/Tyranny guilds would transfer back, you guys are deluding yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I really doubt the ex-Fury/Tyranny guilds would transfer back
    u doubt because...?

I thought cross server tech was coming out in 2012 for AoC?

Seriously need to talk to Dev and get a understanding of the resources they have available. Funcom lost HALF of its revunue in the last quarter. Has ONE small Dev team working on secret world, anarchy online, and age of conan. And they are working on the Secret World upgrade 9 currently. Followed by an engine upgrade to Anarchy Online. With AoC be happy with a crafting change and that the servers are online and a possibility of higher pvp level and a possible new set of gear. Thinking they have the money or manpower for anything specific to AoC is just dreaming.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/4/5471...ntinue-to-earn

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2014/...esentation.pdf
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

my unedrstanding of the silence is that guilds would move, but either dont want to be the first to do it, or dont believe a reasonable surge of pop will happen. suctum, bring acos to fury
    I'm not speaking for a guild, I'm just speaking as a player. I know a lot of players though, that appreciate good open world, and while I don't have any belief that any one entire guild would return to Fury, I'm sure parts of guilds would put characters there that could constitute enough players to form a presence. If they added some kind of reason outside just open world, quicker progression, social pvp rewards, something that Crom could not offer, I'm sure many newer players who never had a chance to enjoy AoC glory pvp days would take notice, as well as people that do remember and want some semblance of that back.

There are a great many pvpers still left, it's just attracting them away from Crom and back to Fury which is the problem. Many are comfortable on Crom though, and to be honest, I'm pretty sure my small effort will go nowhere because you have pvers already spreading negative and toxic comments by the 2nd page, because they don't want people splitting their time between 2 servers because it will affect their raids at some point.

Besides, adding some special incentive to move to Fury is over night programming that they can easily do, it's not like you need them to add actual content, just up pvp experience and tweak BK buffs.

Anyways, I'm a dreamer who would like to see some semblance of the old Tyranny pop one last time before they completely give up on AoC. Guild rivalries, good vs. bad, 6 vs 20, these are all the things that came from open world and made the game one of the best pvp games around, now you have none of that. Nobody cares about guild vs. guild, no one cares about getting at the competition, the only thing anyone shows any competitive interest in is how high they can get on a parse while tanking with a DT and post 1,000 pages of how they are pro players because of it and anyone under 2,400 is a crap player. AoC is in a sad state.
    Doomsayer 2008

Exclamation maybe maybe +1

I only believe that Funcom should give a week for new free transfers, many people have moved before you see the news on the pvp, free transfers Funcom may have been released at a time when always wrong ....... Funcom did not do it voluntarily!

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Guild rivalries, good vs. bad, 6 vs 20, these are all the things that came from open world and made the game one of the best pvp games around, now you have none of that.
    well u do have that kind of stuff, if ud have a toon on rage and fury and hop on them ever so often ud get in caught up in some good open world pvp. last night i had fun resetting the world boss 5 times from a group of 12-15 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    I thought cross server tech was coming out in 2012 for AoC?

Seriously need to talk to Dev and get a understanding of the resources they have available. Funcom lost HALF of its revunue in the last quarter. Has ONE small Dev team working on secret world, anarchy online, and age of conan. And they are working on the Secret World upgrade 9 currently. Followed by an engine upgrade to Anarchy Online. With AoC be happy with a crafting change and that the servers are online and a possibility of higher pvp level and a possible new set of gear. Thinking they have the money or manpower for anything specific to AoC is just dreaming.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/4/5471...ntinue-to-earn

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2014/...esentation.pdf
    Nice. This is the first quarter where TSW revenues may actually have been below AoC revenues. Revenues in the last full quarter before TSW launch (2Q2012) were USD 2,557k; total revenues in 4Q2013 were 4,270k. So assuming AoC did not lose more than 16% in revenues since the launch of TSW, AoC may have brought in more cash than TSW less than 1.5 years after TSW's launch... (Note that this is not likely to be 100% true since the 2Q2012 revenues may include pre-sales of TSW, AoC may have lost a larger share of revenues etc. But the point when AoC brings in more cash than TSW should be close at hand.)

Sorry for derailing the thread. Maybe FC can move some resources to AoC when they finally decide to scrap TSW
    Last edited by Rathothis; 11th March 2014 at 13:50.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

If they had a good f2p policy, it could work for both games. Same goes for an open pvp world system, better ai, easier item design/creaton due to shared blueprints, player customizeable content or creation of random gamemaps. This i would call synergy and benefit from using the same engine in all games.

well u do have that kind of stuff, if ud have a toon on rage and fury and hop on them ever so often ud get in caught up in some good open world pvp. last night i had fun resetting the world boss 5 times from a group of 12-15 guys.
    I think it's a bit hard to catch open world stuff on Fury/Rage when you have your mains on Crom. I mean, it DOES happen but it's pretty much always at a different time and place and not planned in advance. So unless you happen to be online at the right time and on the right server it's a bit complicated.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I think it's a bit hard to catch open world stuff on Fury/Rage when you have your mains on Crom. I mean, it DOES happen but it's pretty much always at a different time and place and not planned in advance. So unless you happen to be online at the right time and on the right server it's a bit complicated.
    well u to the very least have a guarantee of 1 whole week of constant open world pvp every month for the next 8mths or so, pretty decent imo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast