Thread: PvP Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Just a quick poll:

If players could actively keep their playing situation the same as in:

1. T4 raiding schedules unaffected
    2. 6 man pugs running as they do now
    3. Minis popping as they do now, including Sag
    4. Pug raids running as they do now

Would anyone transfer back to Fury if the pvp events were more numerous, world pvp gave better rewards, holding a BK actually gave a in game reward which whole guilds would actually want to maintain, and pvp progression was faster?
    No i will not Return to Fury for this. But if Funcom ban all shitkids and wannabes on fury. more or less 60% of the Fury pvp comunity. Then ill be back to night
    If I’m a sarcastic ******* when I talk to you its either because I really like you and feel comfortable teasing you

Or I really hate you and don’t care if you know it

Good luck figuring out which one

Quote Originally Posted by switchnor View Post
    No i will not Return to Fury for this. But if Funcom ban all shitkids and wannabes on fury. more or less 60% of the Fury pvp comunity. Then ill be back to night
    we want u back, but we need to identify whats a sh*tkid first

Open world pvp is created by having a server community. A server community requires population. It is hard to generate the hate that is required for players to care about open world pvp.

Think bringing back old players to pvp will not work unless there is a new group of players to help add to the mix. The gear changes on test and possible changes to acquiring pvp gear could help bring more new players. But as long a Funcom keeps dumping time and money into that sh!tstorm called secret world, AoC will not get new players. Go back a year or so and many people here thought that the release of secret world and a influx of money into funcom would equate into content and changes in AoC. It did not, but Funcoms current form is much smaller and specialized. Maybe with success of Lego MMO and money coming into the company this new funcom format could breath some life in AoC.

Until then its just log in do 3-5 mini games on Crom, raids start and mini die. Log into Fury wait 15min for a mini and half my team drops in first 2 minutes. Log out and go play something else.

Wanted to add this, the best single thing that Funcom can do for population in AoC is make the damn game truly free to play. Drop the terrible ftp model they are running now. Take a hard look at how perfect world does it in star trek online and neverwinter. perfect world made 151 million last quarter to funcom's 4 million.
    Last edited by raist718; 12th March 2014 at 02:13.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    Log into Fury wait 15min for a mini and half my team drops in first 2 minutes.
    really unsure why you would log onto an open world pvp server just to sign up for minis.

yesterday on fury i team up with a rakdos sin and we proceed to a good 2h worth of killing hundreds in dragonspine that were determined to kill any rakdos around. i log onto rage after that, few guys felt like having a few spars in kesh so i go for it. i then team up with a ranger and hunt down a raid in dragonspine. i log on a lowbie only 2 find 2 instances of white sands just nuking each other out. later in the night i log back on my sin on rage, plenty of loot boxes around me in kesh: 2 teams of about 10 bashing at each other with a couple of randoms in the mix.

open world pvp is everywhere if u take then time to open up your player search and keep an eye out on global to hint where the action is at. and no worries about building a community, its pretty easy to make yourself an enemy to a couple pvers.
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 12th March 2014 at 16:39.

Unless guild goes, I won't go. TBH open world pvp had became a choir and stale after you know what patch. I'm too old for dis **** kinda feeling towards fury now.

Quote Originally Posted by switchnor View Post
    You're not cut out for pvp.

Yeah, it's pretty evident after a week that the few who would care do not constitute enough of a player opinion to even consider a TL petition.

Oh well. This thread can be closed due to a lack of interest from the last of the pvp population. I at least did my part in trying to revive world pvp.
    Doomsayer 2008

Yeah, it's pretty evident after a week that the few who would care do not constitute enough of a player opinion to even consider a TL petition.

Oh well. This thread can be closed due to a lack of interest from the last of the pvp population. I at least did my part in trying to revive world pvp.
    theres open world pvp action everytime i log on, its there. if you like open world pvp more than u like 6mans then u know where to go

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Unless guild goes, I won't go. TBH open world pvp had became a choir and stale after you know what patch. I'm too old for dis **** kinda feeling towards fury now.

You're not cut out for pvp.
    I think he probably is cut out for pvp just fine.

But! He has no reason to put up with the sh1t (hackers and lack of development in pvp) when there are better and more hack-policed pvp games out there.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Default Not until they fix pvp

I have never played any online game so drastically unbalanced and frustratingly not fun with respect to pvp as AOC. Some classes are just too unfairly underpowered to be competitive. Matches are not fair or even. If you lose players, the game doesnt let anyone new join to re-balance the teams. If you are level 80, you will be outmatched even if your class is not quite as under powered as others because you will likely face mostly level 80(10) players with the best pvp epic gear, and maxed out stats and any bonuses having a level 10 pvp avatar grants. Ive never played a pvp online game that basically sent you to face the best highest level maxed out players with the best gear possible so consistently as this game. Sure you maybe a level 80 character, but when your opponents have ridiculously high level gear that boosts their stats well beyond your range, you are outmatched period.

The game does not have a fair matchmaking feature. Most players that are anything but level 80(10) with maxed out epic gear, will be frustrated and probably not find it much fun.

Just a quick poll:

If players could actively keep their playing situation the same as in:

1. T4 raiding schedules unaffected
    2. 6 man pugs running as they do now
    3. Minis popping as they do now, including Sag
    4. Pug raids running as they do now
    I dont think i would move back to Fury. 6 man pugs will never be same as on Crom. Played 4 years on Fury, and even in the time when it was 6 instances of toons in Khesetta it was 1 hour to fill an 6 man pug group.
    Pvp was fun, but pug pve has always been painful at Fury.
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast