Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pvp fix/reset suggestion

Default Pvp fix/reset suggestion and some stats suggestion/explanations

My pvp fix suggestion:
    I'd like something better but better costs money so I write this with cost/reward in mind:

1. Make the pvp T1 & T2 & T3 gears within 5% in stats capability wise. So they are almost the same.
    2. Make pvp lvl 1 about 10 minigames to achieve.
    3. Fix bori - or temporarily disable it until you can fix it so it rewards pvp.
    4. RESET ALL PVP LEVELS to 0, your pvp level would appear as a legacy stat in your pvp pane.
    5. Add the stats back and add a few others - KD wins and losses by mini type, siege points gained, max kills per siege - xp gained by bori - coward shame minutes gained or minis left.
    6. Spend a few months on some simple pvp systems. Like king of the hill, objective based world pvp, top 50x pvper on server etc.
    7. Add SOR back to mini rez pad and add 30s zone out if you stay on the rez. Play the minigame or gtf imo.

Now I understand number 6 maybe too much to ask "pvp content" shock horror but the others would be super easy. 6 is the only point that would add any real development time the rest would be easy

IT WOULD BE REALLY EASY TO IMPLEMENT.

It would erase the Bori debacle and reset pvp progression to 0 - making it so pvp progression was earned by pvp not by banging rocks. It's what the "real" pvp crowd really wants. Bring the competitiveness back to pvp - remove the bad (grindy) parts of pvp. On a pvp server you would be pvp 1 before you hit 80, then when you hit 80 you would get the pvp 1 set which is very close to the best pvp gear in game - so no need to grind away to be competitive. Its perfect.

By making the gear almost identical in capability you remove the arms race to get uber gear to dominate new 80s and direct the focus back to skill and pvp. So when you see a pvp 9 ranger with good stats - you know he's a good player, you know he's earned that "9". It's the confirmation that most people are aiming to earn in game.

This would be VERY good for B&G server and Fury - removing the need to farm PVE (khitia) to get gear - anyone on crom/fury can get on Rage and be competitive in pvp in just 10 minis. It would be good for World Pvp, everyone would have pvp gear that is almost identical making it about skill - not ganking lowbies or badly geared people.

The overall aim of this is to make it so that Player X can level to 80 do a few minis and get pvp 1 gear that is almost the same as pvp 3 gear - so the game is then about skill. Not about the derp. We (I) want an end once and for all to the arms race that is AOC pvp.

So the pvp stats window could look like this:

Pvp level: 1
    XP: 20000
    XP to next level:

Kills/Deaths total: 100/50 wr2/1
    Open world KD: 20/0 wr20/1
    Siege KD: 50/0
    Mini KD: 30/50

Annihilation wins/losses: 10/10 -- 50%wr
    Cap Skull wins/losses: 2/10 -- 20%wr
    Conquest wins/losses: 10/0 -- 100%wr
    Sag wins/losses: 0/0 --%wr

Siege Wins/Losses: 2/0 100%wr
    Max kills per siege: 40 -- 04/03/2014 EZ0 vs Iron Will
    Siege damage total: 5000
    Max Siege damage: 4000 -- 04/03/2014 EZ0 vs Iron Will

Murder points: 0
    *add some gank stat here for -cred*
    Minis left: 2
    Coward Shame: 10
    XP gained by bori: 0 %0

Legacy pvp level: 10 (pvp level pre reset 2014)

Think on this:
    -----
    If you add the Coward shame/minis left stat together of all the people in your guild each week, multiply it by X then subtract that total from the weekly pvp rankings - AND display that number in red in the rankings window.

Do you think that will deter people from leaving minis?
    What if everyone could see your guilds weekly history of this stat in a graph compared to other guilds?
    What if at the end of each week you the player lost X pvp xp for every mini you left?
    -----
    If you add the murder points stat together from all the people in your guild each week, multiply it by X then subtract that from the weekly pvp rankings - AND display that number in red in the rankings window.

Do you think that will deter people from ganking lowbies?
    What if everyone could see your guilds weekly history of this stat in a graph compared to other guilds?
    -----
    If Funcom left bori in game.

BUT! Added XP gained by BORI as a % of total xp in your stats page and made it visible by all.

Do you think that would deter people from doing bori?
    -----

*Very easy to code in.
    *Very little dev time required.
    *Adds depth.
    *Stats visible on all chars, not hide-able.
    *Can add stats easily - hope to expand on murder points etc when/if consequence system is fixed.
    *Your legacy pvp level is still there in your stats.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 9th March 2014 at 01:10. Reason: Split KD by location
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    My pvp fix suggestion:
    I'd like something better but better costs money so I write this with cost/reward in mind:

1. Make the pvp T1 & T2 & T3 gears within 5% in stats capability wise. So they are almost the same.
    2. Make pvp lvl 1 about 10 minigames to achieve.
    3. Fix bori - or temporarily disable it until you can fix it so it rewards pvp.
    4. RESET ALL PVP LEVELS to 0, your pvp level would appear as a legacy stat in your pvp pane.
    5. Add the stats back and add a few others - KD wins and losses by mini type, siege points gained, max kills per siege - xp gained by bori - coward shame minutes gained or minis left.
    6. Spend a few months on some simple pvp systems. Like king of the hill, objective based world pvp, top 50x pvper on server etc.
    7. Add SOR back to mini rez pad and add 30s zone out if you stay on the rez. Play the minigame or gtf imo.

Now I understand number 6 maybe too much to ask "pvp content" shock horror but the others would be super easy. 6 is the only point that would add any real development time the rest would be easy

IT WOULD BE REALLY EASY TO IMPLEMENT.

It would erase the Bori debacle and reset pvp progression to 0 - making it so pvp progression was earned by pvp not by banging rocks. It's what the "real" pvp crowd really wants. Bring the competitiveness back to pvp - remove the bad (grindy) parts of pvp. On a pvp server you would be pvp 1 before you hit 80, then when you hit 80 you would get the pvp 1 set which is very close to the best pvp gear in game - so no need to grind away to be competitive. Its perfect.

By making the gear almost identical in capability you remove the arms race to get uber gear to dominate new 80s and direct the focus back to skill and pvp. So when you see a pvp 9 ranger with good stats - you know he's a good player, you know he's earned that "9". It's the confirmation that most people are aiming to earn in game.

This would be VERY good for B&G server and Fury - removing the need to farm PVE (khitia) to get gear - anyone on crom/fury can get on Rage and be competitive in pvp in just 10 minis. It would be good for World Pvp, everyone would have pvp gear that is almost identical making it about skill - not ganking lowbies or badly geared people.

The overall aim of this is to make it so that Player X can level to 80 do a few minis and get pvp 1 gear that is almost the same as pvp 3 gear - so the game is then about skill. Not about the derp. We (I) want an end once and for all to the arms race that is AOC pvp.

So the pvp stats window could look like this:

Pvp level: 1
    XP: 20000
    XP to next level:

Kills/Deaths: 100/50 wr2/1

Annihilation wins/losses: 10/10 -- 50%wr
    Cap Skull wins/losses: 2/10 -- 20%wr
    Conquest wins/losses: 10/0 -- 100%wr
    Sag wins/losses: 0/0 --%wr

Siege Wins/Losses: 2/0 100%wr
    Siege Kills 50
    Max kills per siege: 40 -- 04/03/2014 EZ0 vs Iron Will
    Siege damage total: 5000
    Max Siege damage: 4000 -- 04/03/2014 EZ0 vs Iron Will

Murder points: 0
    *add some gank stat here for -cred*
    Minis left: 2
    Coward Shame: 10
    XP gained by bori: 0 %0

Legacy pvp level: 10 (pvp level pre reset 2014)

*Very easy to code in.
    *Very little dev time required.
    *Adds depth.
    *Stats visible on all chars, not hide-able.
    *Can add stats easily - hope to expand on murder points etc when/if consequence system is fixed.
    *Your legacy pvp level is still there in your stats.

only thing i hope is that the pvp lvl reset does not aply to rage as we do not have bori its all pvp gained.other then that i vote you for pvp dev =)
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Talking Reset PVE gear level as well!

With PVP level reset can we also take away any PVE gear higher that T1? Or would players that only PVPed and have not a lot of PVE gear have to fight full T4's in minis basically naked?
    I guess make PVE gear not accessible in minis then and have T1 PVP gear as a standard on every toon!

XD XD XD

Quote Originally Posted by -Meh- View Post
    With PVP level reset can we also take away any PVE gear higher that T1? Or would players that only PVPed and have not a lot of PVE gear have to fight full T4's in minis basically naked?
    I guess make PVE gear not accessible in minis then and have T1 PVP gear as a standard on every toon!

XD XD XD

I not sure I understand what you mean. Maybe that if you had a reset and your pve gear isnt good enough to compete with current T4 pve geared people? If thats the case then its easily fixed. Anyone with a legacy pvp 1 gets pvp 1 after the reset - its only a very very small amount of XP (10 mini wins worth) and you could even throw the pvp set in on the reset for free. Yes there may be a few kinks in my suggestion, but on a basic fundamental level I believe it will work. It would be a cheap, almost FREE but effective fix, requiring little dev time.

After that Funcom could add some mini rankings system - top 50x players per server with overhead title. A nemesis system, fix the consequence system....

Maybe some other incentive based stats similar to the coward shame stat or xp earned in bori stat - to deter griefing or ganking at quest givers. Basic changes like this are enough to keep people interested in pvp.

Then while we are settling in they could add a few open world objective battle games - the opportunity is there they just need to commit to doing it.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 8th March 2014 at 02:03.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I like your suggestions but it took me 3+ years of active gaming to lvl my char to pvp 10 through duels and mini games only, also for your idea to work they should implement heroic stats back to pve items or else nothing gonna change. All an all nice suggestions.
    Last edited by e1iphas; 8th March 2014 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by e1iphas View Post
    I like your suggestions but it took me 3+ years of active gaming to lvl my char to pvp 10 through duels and mini games only, also for your idea to work they should implement heroic stats back to pve items or else nothing gonna change. All an all nice suggestions.
    There are a small number of legitimate PvPers that did not use bori, those I sympathize with. The 90% that used bori as a quick aid to get gear to dominate lowbies or undergeared people - I don't really care about those peoples pvp levels being reset.

I don't understand what you think heroic stats would achieve in the pvp system, please explain.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Players farmed and many, many others farmed to level 5 long before their was a murder system by having "guild parties" in their own instance, and taking turns killing each other. THAT, was clearly an exploit. If then, they didn't roll everybody back no matter how much they should have (when it was actually something to complain about), they won't do it because of bori. So if Bori was just a poor attempt to make earning PvP XP "fun," when all they needed to do was adjust the levels so you gained them faster, this is the fault of the game designer and not the players. People will just hit 10 again in a matter of time, resetting levels will just stir unnecessary hate in an already unhealthy population.
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 8th March 2014 at 20:02.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    Players farmed and many, many others farmed to level 5 long before their was a murder system by having "guild parties" in their own instance, and taking turns killing each other. THAT, was clearly an exploit. If then, they didn't roll everybody back no matter how much they should have (when it was actually something to complain about), they won't do it because of bori. In my mind, Bori is just a very poor attempt to make earning PvP XP "fun" (well, I guess Silliron thought so) when all they needed to do was adjust the levels so you gained them faster. This is the fault of the game designer and not the players. People will just hit 10 again in a matter of timem resetting levels will just stir unnecessary hate
    I agree about bad design. But I disagree about the players and gaining pvp levels faster. I think level 1 should be super fast to get, then after that it should take years of dedicated play.

I saw thousands of people go to hyrkania pve-rp server over a huge length of time doing bori then transfering back, I saw so much uncontested farming on aquilonia and other servers, so many people got pvp 10 with little or no pvp. I saw a Guardian with 8 kills pvp 10, then funcom hid KD.... And the alt kill farming too, a simple log could detect this every day and flag you up for inspection by a GM. It's incredibly bad design. The worst Ive ever seen in ANY game ever.

The PVP number next to your name today means NOTHING because of this. The pvp progression was ruined, undermined by bori. IMHO its meaningless. Add that to the broken consequence system and you have broken pvp servers, where griefing, farming and exploiting becomes acceptable behaviour.

Like I said years ago. FFA doesnt work. It never will. PVP needs structure, it needs rules, it needs consequence.

Think on this:
    -----
    If you add the Coward shame/minis left stat together of all the people in your guild each week, multiply it by X then subtract that total from the weekly pvp rankings - AND display that number in red in the rankings window.

Do you think that will deter people from leaving minis?
    What if at the end of each week you the player lost X pvp xp for every mini you left?
    -----
    If you add the murder points stat together from all the people in your guild each week, multiply it by X then subtract that from the weekly pvp rankings - AND display that number in red in the rankings window.

Do you think that will deter people from ganking lowbies?
    -----
    If Funcom left bori in game.

BUT! Added XP gained by BORI as a % of total xp in your stats page and made it visible by all.

Do you think that would deter people from doing bori?
    -----

Do you think statistics like this are enough structure? I don't. But! It's a good start, and it must be easy to do.

IMHO we need a fix, and we need a reset.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 9th March 2014 at 01:08.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I admit my perception is perhaps a bit biased since I only did Bori for a few days before leaving the game through utter frustration so wasn't hear to see the farming.
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 8th March 2014 at 20:32.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Made a few changes to the OP - a long post but its PVP and its worth the attention.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast