Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – February 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I'd suggest you read further posts in this thread, the loot has indeed been moved to Zodiac and Emperor. Pretty much all people get in MC will be 4 relics and some AA vials.
    Didnt read that in the game directors letter which is what I was replying to. I read the post by CirithGorgor and its good news.

My OP should read:

I understand it's hard to write in the forums that you fvcked up in the lobby design that allowed MC farming. I understand your "pride" cant stomach admitting that you left a "bug/exploit" in game for such a long time especially with so many people shouting about it.

But the transparent fix of moving the loot away from the exploitable MC raid doesn't fool anyone.

So seriously Mr Game Director, why can't you just MAN UP? Why cant you say "yeah guys, I'm sorry, we screwed up there with that MC exploit so we moved the loot around to fix it because that's a cost effective fix with our limited resources".

Ridiculous...
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 1st March 2014 at 01:59.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

So seriously Mr Game Director, why can't you just MAN UP? Why cant you say "yeah guys, I'm sorry, we screwed up there with that MC exploit so we moved the loot around to fix it because that's a cost effective fix with our limited resources".
    Whoa Whoa Whoa ... let's stop making sense here.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread tbh.

I'm the leader of one of the.. 2? 3? casual raid groups left who can still clear T4 while being casual. *Extremely* casual.

My group has been killing memory cloud for exactly one year now.

Never ONCE, in these last 52 weeks, I've allowed the T4 instance created by my group to be farmed for MC kills.

If we can gear our toons in T4 the proper way, you can do it too.

If exploiting what was essentially a mindless loot pinata in which you can't ever wipe even if trying, to get T4 weapons for free, is the only thing keeping you into the game, maybe it's seriously time to look for a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
    So we're basicly removing 50% of the current raid Activity and not replacing it with something worthwhile? Is all the raiding hurting server performance or something?
    Destroying Memory Cloud is an awful idea. Who the heck wanna do cloud for AAs?^^
    Not saying the existance of Memory Cloud as it is was a good idea, but it IS the only thing that keeps high end raiding interesting at the moment. I don't see how any of the guilds who have been doing T4 for some time will be able to keep up the interest.

I've never ever been one for predicting doom or disaster, but I have a very hard time seeing how this will not effectively kill the game.

If the change comes at the same time as a New T5 raid, it will maybe be ok, but that will at any rate just increase the gap between those who can do T4 today and those that can't.
    So the people who are crying about others are getting loot becasue they themselves can't be bothered to learn raiding, will probably be crying even more.
    Guilds will keep their players interest because guilds that have been doing it legit with no farm have several t4 running each week.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    I understand it's hard to write in the forums that you fvcked up in the lobby design that allowed MC farming.
    Heh, it isn't even the lobby design that is the problem, there could be no lobbies at all and the problem would still be there.

Like.. Iv never seen the problem in this, it aint an exploit just some clever trick imo. But i guess some white knight HAD to cry about something ^^, in the letter he uses words like legitamit and equal chance. Uhm hasnt cloud raiding been a possebility for all? Well its a merh change cirith.. Not Good not bad.. Keep up the good work tho

PS. Iv read abit around on the forum. I can see why some has an issue with cloud raid. I mean, going from tortage to cloud to get the best gear is just silly..
    Last edited by Torhkir; 1st March 2014 at 06:12.
    {CoE}
    Torhkir- Barb/Reyaz- Sin/Matary- Ranger/Tabaru- BS/Thyon- ToS/Korwix- PoM/Nyero- HoX/Abacuz- Demo/Waziira- Necro/Kaota- Guard/Stilats- Conq/Sacrosa- DT

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    Guilds will keep their players interest because guilds that have been doing it legit with no farm have several t4 running each week.
    Why? People always need something new. When they get full T4, they don't need and other content in pve. They don't keep playing if they get something in 2015 or 2016. They need something new in 2014. Funcom desperdly need add new content.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    to get T4 weapons for free
    Haaa loot+dkp drama... me like !

it all makes sense now, peoples issue wasn't with farming cloud, it was getting loot without dkp and the drama involved, an issue that will live on even after this change up!

I like the fact that you re-distributed the loot, one question arises though. Will the boxes on emperor and zodiac be killable? As the zodiac one is now..

And please add something worthwhile to MC minibosses and reduce the number of trash to clear, now it will feel like a waste of time to kill those dummy bosses..

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast