Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – February 2014 Discussion

"Joining big guilds" (aka getting carried) isn't really the proper fashion way, especially when you can do it while ignoring the rest of pattern you described. You know as much as me that all thoses loot blockers are golden for thoses big guilds who need to constantly recruit.

Anyway, no Cetriss soon so raid content is stuck for a long time in 2010-2012. Ouch.

Memory cloud is not an exploit - and btw we have decided to remove the lootz - lol
    Last edited by dubhuir; 28th February 2014 at 23:06.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I can clarify on that a bit.
    Weapon and Dragon Tear drops from the MC have been moved to the Emperor as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    Rings from the MC have been moved to the Zodiac as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    The chance at the extra weapon from the MC has been moved to the Zodiac as a new drop (you have the same probability as before of receiving an extra weapon drop per run).
    A larger number of Phials of Heavenly Knowledge will drop in total from the Memory cloud bosses.

This is just a jackass move to loots IMO. Did anyone else come to think that there are people out there who may have "AA's" Full already.

I will have to waste a !"Hour"! of my time running MC to get to entity for AA that I or some don't Need. Really This is the way to fix it.

I Really hope that the bosses will drop more relics than just 2 or 1. I could really care less about AA points..

Please funcom, Not going to waste my money on your ridiculous solutions. In opinion MC has been the only thing keeping people coming back to playing this game in a way.

Who wants to grind out something for nothing. Not Me. Done enough grinding since 2009. Lets make the money worth it here people.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 28th February 2014 at 22:57.

Good job once again Cirith although it happened way later than what it should but at least the cheap loot fest is gone.Let all these crybabies that were gearing their tortage toons with cheap solutions bring the drama but it was unacceptable that you were able to get t4 weapons and accesories in a raid easier than kiliky.You want t4 weapon work on that **** alt and go with your raid and guild and earn it.
    IVORY TOWER

You're full AA and not T4 geared yet ? How possible.

Those are nice changes imho, I always felt it was too fast to gear new toons and found it strange how this was made. Well I mean for your finance, funcom ^^

What you've done, and still doing about pvp balance is great, we waited this for a long time and it really seem you're doing that well, not rushing with just few tweaks and "deal with it".
    Those tanks needs nerfs, that's for sure, the TTS modification was needed (I use it) etc...
    Last edited by Religolibri; 28th February 2014 at 23:07.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    You're full AA and not T4 geared yet ? How possible.

Those are nice changes imho, I always felt it was too fast to gear new toons and found it strange how this was made. Well I mean for your finance, funcom ^^

What you've done, and still doing about pvp balance is great, we waited this for a long time and it really seem you're doing that well, not rushing with just few tweaks and "deal with it".
    Those tanks needs nerfs, that's for sure, the TTS modification was needed (I use it) etc...
    One can become full AA since 2009.. Grinding the Crap out of 6 mans day in day out. There is people I know who no longer play because they been full AA before t4 was even really open.

An if you time feat in a certain way. Yah it saves you points making longer hours nothing. An Yes I have fully AA Characters without t4 because I have not taken to T4 yet.

Example, if a DT waits till they are 80 to use any AA points They can have "Vom" as soon as they hit 80. Any Toon Can be crazy stong as soon as you hit 80 if you plan your AA's right.

Not only can you time feat them a way to help you. But if you are lets say a barb or ranger who get 1 set of Gear and don't bother with the rest. You can buy Expertise From the vendors with Rares, you can farm bori for prowess than buy Flask of Prowess. Do I really need to explain how to AA a toon out in matter of a few years? Yet a few months!
    Last edited by Kellisia; 28th February 2014 at 23:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    One can become full AA since 2009.. Grinding the Crap out of 6 mans day in day out. There is people I know who no longer play because they been full AA before t4 was even really open.
    LOL, did they made 12xfull AA? in 2009? ;OOO
    We will be Serious after death.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    LOL, did they made 12xfull AA? in 2009? ;OOO
    Yah, Some of Us actually did to keep the game alive for ourselves.

An another note to all this is, Not everyone pvps. So they May grind so much pve content their mastery side could have been full 2 years after aa's came out. So now they have like 1000 mastery and 500 expertise, An filled prowess side (time feating).

Trust Me I hear about it, and have that issue myself. Why do I need more AA points I can't use?

An you some people don't like to play certain classes or for medical reason can't. SO what are they to do.

An So I don't get some kind stupid comment.. im talking about severe arthritis or carpal tunnel that limits them.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 1st March 2014 at 01:29.

@ Game director. I did not like your letter. The Memory Cloud runs are an exploit regardless of what you wrote in your monthly letter. Do you even play this game?

AOC only has 1 form of progression. That is Gear progression.
    You can argue that there are 3 types, pvp level and AA but the real indication of progression is Gear.

You remove that progression by legitimizing these Memory Cloud runs because people can get to 80 and go on a Memory cloud run in green level 50 gear. Totally removes all progression from the game. It's idiotic. They can get full T4 gear just by doing this each week on these pug raids, never stepping in T1,T2,T3 a K6 or an unchained, its ridiculous. Idiotic. YES IM TALKING TO YOU MR GAME DIRECTOR.

----
    At the very least you need to move all the loot from the MC and add it the Emperor loot table and leave only tokens on the MC. Under no conditions should the MC have accessories, weapons, token urns or Dragon Tears. If you don't want to fix the lobby properly you should at the very minimum to this. Anything less than this is just idiotic.
    ----
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 1st March 2014 at 01:37.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    @ Game director. I did not like your letter. The Memory Cloud runs are an exploit regardless of what you wrote in your monthly letter. Do you even play this game?

AOC only has 1 form of progression. That is Gear progression.
    You can argue that there are 3 types, pvp level and AA but the real indication of progression is Gear.

You remove that progression by legitimizing these Memory Cloud runs because people can get to 80 and go on a Memory cloud run in green level 50 gear. Totally removes all progression from the game. It's idiotic. They can get full T4 gear just by doing this each week on these pug raids, never stepping in T1,T2,T3 a K6 or an unchained, its ridiculous. Idiotic. YES IM TALKING TO YOU MR GAME DIRECTOR.

----
    At the very least you need to move all the loot from the MC and add it the Emperor loot table and leave only tokens on the MC. Under no conditions should the MC have accessories, weapons, token urns or Dragon Tears. If you don't want to fix the lobby properly you should at the very minimum to this. Anything less than this is just idiotic.
    ----
    I'd suggest you read further posts in this thread, the loot has indeed been moved to Zodiac and Emperor. Pretty much all people get in MC will be 4 relics and some AA vials.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast