Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – February 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    We need wait for new raid... wait for new dungeon... wait for new mini-game... wait for new craft... wait for new gear... wait until all people leave for AA or TESO?
    Yes.

Game development isn't magic. Though you might be able to make it seem that way if you give Funcom around $50 million to build their team back up.

So we're basicly removing 50% of the current raid Activity and not replacing it with something worthwhile? Is all the raiding hurting server performance or something?
    Destroying Memory Cloud is an awful idea. Who the heck wanna do cloud for AAs?^^
    Not saying the existance of Memory Cloud as it is was a good idea, but it IS the only thing that keeps high end raiding interesting at the moment. I don't see how any of the guilds who have been doing T4 for some time will be able to keep up the interest.

I've never ever been one for predicting doom or disaster, but I have a very hard time seeing how this will not effectively kill the game.

If the change comes at the same time as a New T5 raid, it will maybe be ok, but that will at any rate just increase the gap between those who can do T4 today and those that can't.
    So the people who are crying about others are getting loot becasue they themselves can't be bothered to learn raiding, will probably be crying even more.
    Last edited by Blasphemer; 28th February 2014 at 19:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    and an urn I guess
    And I'm assuming each boss still drops 1 simple relic?

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I can clarify on that a bit.
    Weapon and Dragon Tear drops from the MC have been moved to the Emperor as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    Rings from the MC have been moved to the Zodiac as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    The chance at the extra weapon from the MC has been moved to the Zodiac as a new drop (you have the same probability as before of receiving an extra weapon drop per run).
    A larger number of Phials of Heavenly Knowledge will drop in total from the Memory cloud bosses.
    This doesn't seem like it's gonna result in much more than widening the gear gap between new and old players... oh well.

good changes to T4 loot, it will get me to raid again.

I can raid only 1 night per week and without Entity and MC raids I felt like there really wasn't a point in doing "regular" T4 if I never could complete my armor this way....or upgrade my weapons.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    This doesn't seem like it's gonna result in much more than widening the gear gap between new and old players... oh well.
    Well new players do not deserve easy access to T4 loot. 7-10 days online while levelling up, put the AA's in smart places, learn feats and read about class online or get help from guys in game, use 5-10 days online to farm Khitai gear, boom, ready to apply to T4 raiding guild. Clear it in a proper fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    ready to apply to T4 raiding guild. Clear it in a proper fashion.
    I C wat u did there

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    We need wait for new raid... wait for new dungeon... wait for new mini-game... wait for new craft... wait for new gear... wait until all people leave for AA or TESO?
    Bound to happen either way; AoC is at 5+ years ~ if you're not already looking at a replacement (at least conceptually or otherwise) you're doing yourself an injustice. These companies shut servers off with very little notice. Can't expect much more from an absent GD and one Dev ... I've given up hope on a few things in AoC; the new craft system, for instance.

Both ESO and ArcheAge are superior games in one or more aspects. I've got extra keys for this weekends ESO Beta if you want em.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

lol..ppl actully thought that was an exploit ?
    this game has attracted alot of strange folks..
    {CoE}
    Torhkir- Barb/Reyaz- Sin/Matary- Ranger/Tabaru- BS/Thyon- ToS/Korwix- PoM/Nyero- HoX/Abacuz- Demo/Waziira- Necro/Kaota- Guard/Stilats- Conq/Sacrosa- DT

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I C wat u did there
    Not sure what you meant by that. My somewhat hidden point is that people aren't interested in investing time in the game. Moving the weapons and rings was 100% necessary.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast