Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – February 2014 Discussion

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I hope the changing of the loot drop chances doesn't negatively impact a guild doing a full T4 clear of all bosses in one week.

It sounds sort of like they are moving some of the good loot off of MC and putting it on a different boss.

I hope it doesn't mean something like: ring and weapon drop rates have been reduced, you will only find one ring or weapon and 1 tear from MC box. So it will take many more MC kills to finally find the pieces you want.
    I can clarify on that a bit.
    Weapon and Dragon Tear drops from the MC have been moved to the Emperor as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    Rings from the MC have been moved to the Zodiac as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    The chance at the extra weapon from the MC has been moved to the Zodiac as a new drop (you have the same probability as before of receiving an extra weapon drop per run).
    A larger number of Phials of Heavenly Knowledge will drop in total from the Memory cloud bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Weapon and Dragon Tear drops from the MC have been moved to the Emperor as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    Rings from the MC have been moved to the Zodiac as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    The chance at the extra weapon from the MC has been moved to the Zodiac as a new drop (you have the same probability as before of receiving an extra weapon drop per run).
    A larger number of Phials of Heavenly Knowledge will drop in total from the Memory cloud bosses.
    I like it, thanks for responding.

Thank you Cirith! Thank you! Finally some proper loot from the proper bosses. And some "lesser" loot from MC.

Thank you! That's a great solution.
    ::: HoX :::

Good good. Pls Consider nerfing the trash in MC. It's just time consuming and boring like a kylliki instance. Leave Saddur, Strom, Mithrelle and Luzhi/Kaeira as they are.

Ps. Could be fun if Luzhi/Kaeira was randomized, so the raid doesn't get a certain boss based on who went left or right in the Amber corridor.
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 28th February 2014 at 18:30.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Thanks for the clarification about it.

I like! \o/
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

The work on palace of cetriss and slithering chaos is slowly progressing....... They have been progressing for a very long time now, but still no screenshots or other teasers from there, or any info on what kind of raid cetriss is. Is is t4? T5? t3.5? no one knows. How many bosses? 1, 2 3 or more? Are we getting all bosses at once or are they adding bosses later as they did with jade citadel?

I wonder if craft revamp/cetriss is sceduled for 2014 or if 2015 is more likely..

Anyways, really looking forward this content when/if we get it. its gonna be awsome and hopefully worth the wait. Especially the new crafting, since there is a big hole in that department of the game right now..

Almost 1 year ago (April 2013) you said cross server technology was coming to AOC!! but we have hear nothing more about this

I will copy a quote from april 2013 letter below.....
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...ter_april_2013

Phase One - Moving the servers physically to the same location. This allows us to consolidate the EU and US realms into the same physical server set, which paves the way for the single server tech.

Phase Two - Merge same ruleset servers - this is the same as any merge in the past, with the PvE servers being merged into a single giant PvE server and the same for PvP. And yes, this does mean that the EU & US servers will be merged together.

Blood and Glory needs some assessment so, the question is whether we need to make some design tweaks to make them more appealing or we simply fold them. I’d prefer to do the former, but that is the more expensive solution. More information on that as we reach a decision.

Phase Three - Implement the basic cross server network layers - this will finally allow for cross server PvP and PvE queues! This is the most difficult and error prone step in the process - it isn’t simply a matter of ripping the code out of TSW and throwing it in Conan. However if the first two phases are in place, we should be able to achieve this – and knowing the great results it brought TSW I can’t wait to see this live for AoC.

My question is what has happen to phase three??? phase 1 and 2 are done!
    Personally I thought ONE of the main reason of moving ALL aoc servers to USA was to implement phase three?

Players from Europe me included suffer high lag in AOC after you closed the EU servers (I used to have 60 ping in AOC on EU server NOW on USA server I have 190....this is bad enough! but its even worse that you didn't implement phase three

(well done for signing off on the pvp changes LONG over due little bit late but nice one)

Thumbs up

more rewards for the real bosses, good move.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast