Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – February 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Today, trying to get Kyllikki... Two hours.. 16 people. Someone said: "they (T1 raiders) could have got a full set of t1 by now doing portents".
    This is going really wrong.
    Updated: 2h:20m now. I give up...
    Well, raiding during WB's week is harder, but frankly, 16 folks to raid Kylli's ass is fine. You could have began and smash your way through at least the DT Boss and continue looking after new people to join your raid
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Well, raiding during WB's week is harder, but frankly, 16 folks to raid Kylli's ass is fine. You could have began and smash your way through at least the DT Boss and continue looking after new people to join your raid
    Yeah the loot it gives is silly, and being able to farm it 24/7 is even more silly.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Amazing...Not a single day goes by on these forums, without some people trying to force their will on others.

Talk about entitlement issues...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

After succeeding in killing a World Boss the 2-minutes counter buff that we receive should turn into a 12-hours or more buff that wouldn't allow that character to get any bonus or reward for killing another World Boss.

It would prevent the scenario provided by Maark (screenshot) and give more time to those who missed entering the instance in time, since those who did it, would have to log another character to roll for the next World Boss instance.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by KephaPT View Post
    After succeeding in killing a World Boss the 2-minutes counter buff that we receive should turn into a 12-hours or more buff that wouldn't allow that character to get any bonus or reward for killing another World Boss.

It would prevent the scenario provided by Maark (screenshot) and give more time to those who missed entering the instance in time, since those who did it, would have to log another character to roll for the next World Boss instance.
    This solves nothing. If people are locked out from loot, no one will bother to kill it. This just creates less people to kill it, especially on pvp server, or people in late US time.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I farmed a lot of world bosses for all the events. Since Funcom reduced the spawn time, the chance of being locked out of a wb fight is a lot lower (i.e. than the dragon one). The last couple of days on the DS boss was only an issue because the bosses were killed at different kill times such that all the spawns got clumped together at once (which made it more likely that you could get into a kill just by watching global) and then we had 'cooldown' waits til the respawns all happened at once.

No cooldown please. I have seen more guildies online doing the DS boss during that week and a lot of activity in global asking for sixmans and raids. If someone would rather chase around a WB than go to another kylikki then that's their choice. They will have 3 weeks to finish up their characters with t1/t2 raids. I know that I'll have my ranger/guard in some t2s to finish up gear.

I would bet though that most players do not want a cooldown. Most players do not post on the forums so you are going to be seeing a few vocalizations that may or may not reflect the in game thoughts.

why no resub offers lately funcom? might be a good idea with eso around the corner

Not to mention AoC community is way too tiny to lock people out of farming world bosses, it's from those farming WBs that make it possible at all too do the cape quest, for guys like me who can only get on once or twice a week. If everyone had a cooldown the WB zones would be dead zones... period.
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 13th March 2014 at 20:22.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    why no resub offers lately funcom? might be a good idea with eso around the corner
    Yeah, good suggestion !

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    There should be some really special offer running all the time considering the state of the game tbh.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela