Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – February 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Totally agree with you. but I guess one of the first t4 fights should have been a prot fight then. like maybe Sheng should require BD/prot/t3 guard gear to complete. then it would be clear to all what is needed in t4
    Well, not really.. Good thing now is that you can gather small pieces before killing emperor, so you can gear some tanks with a bit better protection..

Hai.

I is the spirit of christmases past. Gratz on a fix that's done 2-years-2-late.

*fades off in a creepy way*
    "I am he, who the lord has chosen !... You snivelling boy... I AM THE THIRD REVELATION !"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    Well, not really.. Good thing now is that you can gather small pieces before killing emperor, so you can gear some tanks with a bit better protection..
    eh??? You could always gather small pieces before killing emp...

Failing to see your point. Are you saying that emp can be killed in blue gear? Well I guess he can be. but that is an experiment for those have killed him for a long time i think...
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 6th March 2014 at 07:54.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    eh??? You could always gather small pieces before killing emp...

Failing to see your point. Are you saying that emp can be killed in blue gear? Well I guess he can be. but that is an experiment for those have killed him for a long time i think...

No he meant obtaining FS pieces would further improve protection over T3 sets because those pieces are better than small T3 drops.
    Last edited by Redd; 6th March 2014 at 12:49.

I’ll be joining the team in the US in early March and we will be putting together our plans for the game and I will talk about those in the GD letter next month.
    I'm really starting to hate that kind of teasing cause you don't really know if it's good or bad news
    I mean, 1 year after, you have still in the "big to-do-list" remains of what Craig promised loooong time ago, in prehistoric times. Problem is : today we don't really know what is still on the railroad, and what is abandoned. I suppose theses "plans" are something like that, cause i don't know how you can expect something new that will probably stack onto the pile of the rest of cools upcoming features
    Last edited by Bibik; 6th March 2014 at 14:00.

Please delete world bosses. People even do not group up for dungeon runs during the give-away charity event that is boring and dull.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Please delete world bosses. People even do not group up for dungeon runs during the give-away charity event that is boring and dull.
    Considering how many instances are open in Dragonspine right now, and how many are closed by the time they get announced in global, and how many people end up killing the boss, causing such heavy lag that you need to turn off all particles and name tags even with decent computers...

I'd say that the vast majority of players enjoy the world bosses and want them to continue. Plus you do see a lot of sixmans and raids being announced during the events, so I don't see as how they are being 'gimped'. If you don't like the world bosses, then please feel free to lead raids or sixmans and let those of us who enjoy killing it for the chance at new drops have fun.

Endlessly shooting arrows at bosses until bed calls is not "enjoying" the content.
    A guildmate is trying to fill Ardashir group, I was trying to fill a Wyrm group, and now I am stuck at 13/24 in a T1 raid.
    How is it good if it ruins the experience of grouping and raiding?
    I am trying to fill a raid (right now). Useless.
    From those groups and raids that are announced only Flame/Vortex/Palace has filled for the past hour.
    People bail out from the gathered raid, and it feels like some of new players are on a brink of exiting the game and deleting it because they cannot raid in F2P T1.

..Update: 1.5 hour later: the Ardashir group finally was filled, T1 is at 18/24...
    Way to go, Funcom!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 6th March 2014 at 17:59.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Don't remove them, make them drop items worthwhile but not better than khitai gear.

And put a 24h lockout on each character.