Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – February 2014 Discussion

No killable box at the emperor needed. 6 tanks are enough to kill the emperor and they don't even have to be great. Our first kill of the emperor was with 6 tanks on the un-nerfed version when the tank's equipment wasn't all that great. So totally doable with 6 normal tanks.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    No killable box at the emperor needed. 6 tanks are enough to kill the emperor and they don't even have to be great. Our first kill of the emperor was with 6 tanks on the un-nerfed version when the tank's equipment wasn't all that great. So totally doable with 6 normal tanks.
    Yeah FC punish all the MC Farmguilds! This will work very fine for the next months/ years... until the cetriss Palace will be the Focus for the few hardcore Gamers which always believe in you...

may be doable with 4 tanks on boss (meaning only 3 can spot mirror images) but that is pretty hardcore most raids go for at least 5 tanks on boss

Emperor is perfectly killable with 6 soldiers and no any kind of class stacking was ever needed, even before the nerf too.

We killed before the nerf with 6 tanks only, even in the clone phase 4 tanks that are on the boss are enough to deal with them.

I'm sure it's "doable" but you need some of the tanks to have decent protection and a minimum of aggro (and 2 tanks with good physical gear for the golems too).

Maybe those are easy to come by on Crom but that's not the case on Fury. I think we can do a grand maximum of 2 emperor kills per week. But the second kill would be tough.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I'm sure it's "doable" but you need some of the tanks to have decent protection and a minimum of aggro (and 2 tanks with good physical gear for the golems too).

Maybe those are easy to come by on Crom but that's not the case on Fury. I think we can do a grand maximum of 2 emperor kills per week. But the second kill would be tough.
    I agree with you, but being ready for T4 gear wise means tanks should have some good protection set if they want to be useful on Emperor. Guards full T3 and Conqs with Black dragon are a must to start tanking there before they get Fearless souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I agree with you, but being ready for T4 gear wise means tanks should have some good protection set if they want to be useful on Emperor. Guards full T3 and Conqs with Black dragon are a must to start tanking there before they get Fearless souls.
    Yeah but people tend to skip t3 these days, it's just Khitai > t4 (or tortage > MC/t4 killable boxes...). Maybe it's different on Crom but it's actually very difficult to do t3 on Fury, far easier to get in t4 if you know the right people.

So it tends to be always the same few people tanking (myself and Drago who posted above included) and then when they want to loot on something else, BEEEEEP :/ I would be happy to get the t4 shoulders (or w/e it is) for my BS on Emperor but my tank is pretty much crucial every week.

I don't make a big deal out of it (pvp gear is soon going to be all we pvpers need) but I can understand people who do, especially on Fury.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

And after all that PVE-Stuff now for something completely different:
    Our tradeskill slaves are still slaving away and the system inches towards release. The most recent code work has been updating the UI to include correct tool tips for all materials and showing the origins of the materials and the associated crafted items.
    So, what do you think: When can we get an experimental version on Testlive?
    Last edited by Nexothep; 5th March 2014 at 15:55.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    ]So, what do you think: When can we get an experimental version on Testlive?
    Not soon, as the PvP-update isn't yet on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post

Totally agree with you. but I guess one of the first t4 fights should have been a prot fight then. like maybe Sheng should require BD/prot/t3 guard gear to complete. then it would be clear to all what is needed in t4
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."