Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – February 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    ...and reduce the number of trash to clear, now it will feel like a waste of time to kill those dummy bosses..
    It won't be a waste of time, it will be time spent getting to Entity, just like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Makes zero sense to put an encounter in a raid that gives you no reward. If it's too easy to justify a reward, it shouldn't be in T4.
    They are still dropping Phials, maybe receptacles, and still giving good AA xp. This isn't nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    if you had any spine you'd make all killable boxes despawn after 60 seconds so no one could relog for them *cue up the rage about entity being too hard without relogs*.
    That would just hurt the people who are doing things 100% legitimately. Sometimes people crash at end of fights, or you have dead people that need revived. If FC wanted to go the route of stopping relogs, it would be better to bind people to the box when it spawns, not when it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    This would be bad. Much worse than MC farming.
    It wouldn't be all that horrible, since half the good loot is now on Emp + Zodiac. And you aren't going to have any random pug easily be able to do Entity Phase 1. Even Entity Phase 2 isn't a walk in the park like T1/T2 raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    What's happening now is that Funcom is finally fixing the problem, and not only rebalancing classes but changing the culture. Adding flexability to a raid is gearing out multiple classes so you can swap, not having one class that can fill 2 or 3 roles as an equal to the classes it's replacing, simply because it's OP.
    Next up, time to nerf the heck out of priests so they can't heal and dps at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post

They are still dropping Phials, maybe receptacles, and still giving good AA xp. This isn't nothing.
    Yes, it's nothing. Receptacles would at least make sense. 4 relics and AA xp are almost worthless for toons that are nearly t4, and not befitting the 2nd to last boss in a raid instance.

If they leave it as is without weapons, rings, tears, and don't add receptacles they need to remove them because they're nothing more than glorified trash mobs.

IMO, a great move would be to move the rings, weapons, tears, but put a receptacle on each miniboss, and leave the chance for the extra weapon on luzhi/keiara. At least there'd be some value in it for having to spend 30 or 45 minutes to clear it without losers constant QQing about memory cloud runs.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I can clarify on that a bit.
    Weapon and Dragon Tear drops from the MC have been moved to the Emperor as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    Rings from the MC have been moved to the Zodiac as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    The chance at the extra weapon from the MC has been moved to the Zodiac as a new drop (you have the same probability as before of receiving an extra weapon drop per run).
    A larger number of Phials of Heavenly Knowledge will drop in total from the Memory cloud bosses.
    Remove all or most Saddur, Strom and Mithrelle trash. I don't like to waste 30-40min for 4 simples and some expertise urns on fully perked toon.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

When are the servers going to be taken down?
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    There are people who don't want to do both. I met a Conq once who just didn't want to tank. We confirmed him for raids as a tank and he was pissed.

For people like that I think Conq is the wrong class. People who only want to deal damage need a class that can only do that.

On the other hand having classes that are able to fulfill different roles is good for people's setup to be able to adapt to different encounters in a given group/raid.

So, question is, where is the line? How many and which classes should be able to switch their role? How many shouldn't?

Those questions are answered by Funcom and the result is that right now we have Conqs and DTs to be able to switch roles between tank and dps and healers who can very much vary between dps and support/heal. Actually I haven't often felt the need to change much at that situation.
    That person rerolled conq when they became OP, he leveled carnage and solo farmed rares for tiger gear. He appears in raids, he DPS until he dies, he has no clue about his class, how to tank, drop agro, take agro or survive agro, he just DPS until he dies. Now he wants free MC loot without even having to tank for it.

Lazy. Bone idle twat.

When conq gets nerfed he will stop playing it like the other 14321 Conqs and DTs that rerolled. In every raid there are people like this. EVERY RAID. Whether its DT's or Conqs these people are in every raid. Unable to tank - just there to over dps and die.
    Your raid leader should have just told him to L2P or kicked him from the raid.
    ---
    ---
    Glad the MC sh1t is getting fixed. Lets hope they dont screw it up and make Entity the new farmable/exploit.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 2nd March 2014 at 18:34.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I believe that MMOs have been evolving for a few years now to the "classless" role. I was never a fan of this being an old school MMO player (AoC spoiled me in the first year), but that's not to say I think it's fair to force a soldier class into a tank role and can do nothing else. If there is a flare about that soldier class that you find addictive than you should be able to role into that class and play it the way you want, but still fall into the intended purpose of that class. If you want to be a conqueror that tops dps charts than by all means it should be only fair that you shouldn't need to play a necro or demo to do that. But falling within the intended purposes of the class and keeping the order AoC was built around, a soldier - even DPS spec - should not be able to top a DPS chart alongside a mage (looks at HoX and wonders why ToS can outDPS it.)

Looking back at the original descriptions of the classes, re-adopting the original vision that the creators of this game, you will find your balance there. I fully support DPS soldiers, but you sacrifice your survivability and utility to do so. And as suctum has been saying for a year, this will roll into PvP making it much easier to balance, but still leaving PvE untouched. Lots of players who are passionate for the game and not raping face, have hung up their DT and conq to dry, including myself, because I had fun associating myself with a group that was skilled.
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 2nd March 2014 at 19:11.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Remove all or most Saddur, Strom and Mithrelle trash. I don't like to waste 30-40min for 4 simples and some expertise urns on fully perked toon.
    Or make them weaker, and quicker to get through.

If they had the resources, which I know they don't, they could even have an alternate big box drop off of Saddur, with a weapon and a tear maybe, if you killed all the mini-bosses as well or something. Does anyone bother with those other bosses?
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I can clarify on that a bit.
    Weapon and Dragon Tear drops from the MC have been moved to the Emperor as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    Rings from the MC have been moved to the Zodiac as new drops (you'll still get the same number of these guaranteed per run).
    The chance at the extra weapon from the MC has been moved to the Zodiac as a new drop (you have the same probability as before of receiving an extra weapon drop per run).
    A larger number of Phials of Heavenly Knowledge will drop in total from the Memory cloud bosses.
    It may have been said before , but make Emperor a killable box then pls (so ppl can relog on different toons for loot ) , some guilds with not a massive playerbase have to play theyre already Full T4 toon to get some bosses down so they miss out on loot at Emperor

Emperor does not require any specific setup though.

Specific maybe not, but you do need a bunch of tanks or a handful of great ones.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast