Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Like This Game But...

Default I Like This Game But...

A couple of things that annoy me. First is 'missing'. Nothing like being in the heat of battle, using your very favorite combo, only to hear the "whoosh" of the miss. What I can't understand is that I've swing and missed after stunning an enemy. But I can get by that. The main thing that annoys me is how enemies become indestructible when you get them down to 5% health. I'm talking everything from trash mobs to bosses. You fight them down to 5% or lower and all of a sudden it takes 15 more hits to put them down. Now I'm not talking about swinging at where they have the bulk of their defenses at, I'm talking about swinging at areas with either only 1 { or unprotected. They either parry everything or you hit them and their health only drops 1%. What is up with that?

1) missing - try to get some hit rating on your gear or feats/perks

2) last 5% - I´m playing since launch, leveled several classes, but can´t remember anything like this
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    2) last 5% - I´m playing since launch, leveled several classes, but can´t remember anything like this
    There isn't any mechanic that does this; if anything, it's just your perception it is happening. So...

1) get some hit rating on your gear or feats/perks
    ... is more likely the solution to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    There isn't any mechanic that does this; if anything, it's just your perception it is happening. So...

... is more likely the solution to this problem.
    I'm telling you. I get them down to near zero health and all of a sudden I have to whack them several times to kill the last few %'s of health. As for gear, I would except the most I get are armor drops I can't wear(my main is a Barbarian so it's light and cloth armor and I get a lot of heavy and medium drops) or gear that doesn't provide the stats I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound6165 View Post
    I'm telling you. I get them down to near zero health and all of a sudden I have to whack them several times to kill the last few %'s of health. As for gear, I would except the most I get are armor drops I can't wear(my main is a Barbarian so it's light and cloth armor and I get a lot of heavy and medium drops) or gear that doesn't provide the stats I need.
    I have actually experienced what you are talking about. You are using a few combos, the mobs health is plummeting, and then all of a sudden, it is like nothing is happening, 2, 3, 4 combos, and the health isn't even budging. He should have been dead with only 1 extra combo, but the damage numbers have stopped, and you seem to be getting nowhere until all of a sudden, it starts working again and the mob promptly dies.

It is sort of like the mob got an invulnerable buff that you can't see. This hasn't happened enough for me where I can actually figure out what is causing it. Is it really just crappy hit-rating causing me to miss every hit for 10 seconds, or something else?

I've seen it happen when mobs still have high health too.

It's happening to me when I only use different ranks of the same combo to kill mobs. As the fight goes on all shields will be on the side of the finisher of that combo so you won't be doing much damage with that any more.

Other than that I didn't notice any effects of diminishing damage over time.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    It's happening to me when I only use different ranks of the same combo to kill mobs. As the fight goes on all shields will be on the side of the finisher of that combo so you won't be doing much damage with that any more.

Other than that I didn't notice any effects of diminishing damage over time.
    I don't think we are just missing seeing the mobs shielding. That is a little obvious and would have made sense if it was actually the problem.

Feat brutality if you're a rogue to finish them fast ^^
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Sometimes, if you take the mob to exactly 0 HP, it becomes green tagged (friendly) but keeps attacking you. Only way to end its life is by using aoe effect damage, or do a combo towards it without targeting it. Happens mostly for me in Dead Mans Hand.

About what you describe, likely the stacking of directional shields on the mob causes damage to be lowered a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound6165 View Post
    A couple of things that annoy me. First is 'missing'. Nothing like being in the heat of battle, using your very favorite combo, only to hear the "whoosh" of the miss. What I can't understand is that I've swing and missed after stunning an enemy. But I can get by that. The main thing that annoys me is how enemies become indestructible when you get them down to 5% health. I'm talking everything from trash mobs to bosses. You fight them down to 5% or lower and all of a sudden it takes 15 more hits to put them down. Now I'm not talking about swinging at where they have the bulk of their defenses at, I'm talking about swinging at areas with either only 1 { or unprotected. They either parry everything or you hit them and their health only drops 1%. What is up with that?
    The only thing that I can think of is if the target you are hitting is green.What I mean is, when you target an enemy,they should be red. Sometimes if your internet connection is poor,or you are red barring, the target will be 0% hp and technically dead,yet still standing and hitting you,and you will notice he will be green,not red. Ive been told by funcom this is due to internet connection/redbars/lag spikes.

Ive also seen some NPC's not take any damage no matter how long you hit them. Its possible you are just getting bugged, or only doing white hits.

About a month ago,I did notice alot of combat issues in my gameplay. Many combos would be totally avoided without any explanation in my combat log,and with a 19% hit rating.

Witnessing these things its safe to say anything could happpen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast