Thread: /setoption - how to reset??

Default /setoption - how to reset??

Hey, is anyone know if there is any way to reset all these settings?
    If so there is chance reset it via the account or must be reset on each character?

Thank you in advance.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    Hey, is anyone know if there is any way to reset all these settings?
    If so there is chance reset it via the account or must be reset on each character?

Thank you in advance.
    Same way as changing them initially, only works per charcter:
    Fullscreen On:
    /setoption FullScreen 1
    change to Off (reset):
    /setoption FullScreen 0

Some of the /setoption is account wide and a few is character specific.

What you can do is locate the folder where it's being stored locally.
    C:\Users\computername\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\P refs\accountname
    In here you will find all your characters character IDs.

Now how to reset this, Im not sure but you should create a new account, locate the folder of the account on your PC and replace all the contents inside of 'Prefs_2.xml'

Prefs_2.xml is found both in each character map listed by IDs and in your account folder.

If you simply just delete all the folders they will just be re-downloaded from the server with your old settings so you must change the content of each file if you wish to 'reset' it..

Ofcourse if you want you can just change the options in-game if you remember which ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimchik View Post
    Same way as changing them initially, only works per charcter:
    Fullscreen On:
    /setoption FullScreen 1
    change to Off (reset):
    /setoption FullScreen 0
    Yup, same as alt+enter twice, works for some setting only I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Some of the /setoption is account wide and a few is character specific.
    True, I noticed this also, back to times where I switched w7 to w8.1 I had fresh copy of system and AoC but when I log into game so many options was saved, already on server, and what is bad thing there? I can't remember which one setting I changed for all these years

Well.. You'll probably notice it and if you dont know which option it is you can describe the issue to me pm, ingame or wherever and ill try to help ya out.

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    True, I noticed this also, back to times where I switched w7 to w8.1 I had fresh copy of system and AoC but when I log into game so many options was saved, already on server, and what is bad thing there? I can't remember which one setting I changed for all these years
    Most of the options are linked to actual game options, so selecting those from "Video options" in game, "Audio", "Interface" etc. and putting on Default setting (or manually fiddling to get the optimal settings for you) will reset all but few hidden ones for whole account. Others are few and can be set from scripts like /gui or /options

gui script: http://pastebin.com/7mLHzNtF

Resetting all your settings isn't all that straight forward sadly. The reason is that many settings is now stored serverside and retrieved every time you load a character.

As Fass mentioned, %AppData%\..\Local\Funcom\Conan\Prefs holds your user data. There you'll find Prefs3.xml and a folder for each of the accounts you logged into.

The Prefs3.xml contains settings that affects any account, these settings are stored locally and not serverside.

Anything within the account folders are mirrored serverside and refreshed when either logging in or loading a character.

If you venture into an account folder you'll find Prefs2.xml, it contains the accountwide settings, affecting all your characters. You'll also find a folder for each of your characters on that account.

Going into a character folder, you'll find yet another Prefs2.xml, this contains settings that only affect that character. So another character can have different values for these.

The /setoption or simply just /option can be used to set any value of the above mentioned settings.

Also in the character folder is the folders Chat and DockArea. The settings stored in these folders are not controllable through /setoption.

Okay, that was the basics.

To get certain settings stored serverside you writeprotect the Prefs2.xml files once the settings in them are to your liking. Then you launch the game, login and load the character in question, log out to char selection again and close the game. Now you can remove the write protection from the files, as the settings stored on the server is identical to those stored locally.

Cheers!