Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Noobs destroying the fun

If someone wants to post parse that includes spirits on succesfull zodiac pug, I wouldn't mind.

Un-Experienced players aren't destroying the game.

The problem is when these new players come to the game, and think that they can just hop into hard modes and succeed. I also see vet players bringing 15th string alts in green gear to T4 MC raids.

So whats the difference?

T1-T2 raids are too easy. But they could at least learn there class's within these raids rite. But no, the Raid leaders of today's game population doesn't require tanks to actually hold aggro.

In fact, if a tank is complete and utter trash nothing is said to him at all.

If dps is complete crap, again. Nothing is said to him.

No advice is given, and if you do try and give advice. Your marked an egotistical jerk for trying to help.

But then, later on these people who are bad at the basics of game play try and do hard modes. Well, if the basics of game play isn't even down pat, why on earth would a hard mode be successful?

How can you expect it to be successful with bad tanks, bad dps, and bad healers?

To top it off, we have raid leaders assigning big heals on logistic locations within the raid. Heavenly days this is a horrible training method. I'm at near full health and I'm getting a big heal from a healer, meanwhile when I actually need the heal, it's not up, or I don't get it because we aren't on the correct side of the room for it.

No one is to blame other than the raid leaders and group leaders not teaching or holding there raid to a standard. No, T1/T2 raids dont require much explaining, but to the new player, nothing is explained at all.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by Mokona View Post
    Ever heard of stopping dps if you want a tank take aggro from you?

I met few Conqs with my DT who wanted so much to prove they are better tanks that they kept dpsing hard hitting bosses, like the one Flame or Coppice, until they died, then I easily solotanked it until the end. Why would I bother saving noobs?
    Let me see, what hate tools does a Conqueror have... Irritate, Retaliation, Burst of Agression, Technique of Mettle, Cunning Deflection could be considered an agro tool too... Can also feat Hateful Strikes, Volcanic Rage, Heroic Call and of course Goad. When I am the offtank in this setup, clearly undergeared compared to the main tank, I keep cycling FA, GoDS, BB, BH and Throat Slash, to avoid DPS pulling. I expect the main tank to burn his cooldowns and take it off me, but, no. Normally if I totally stop dps, a Sin or Mage dies. The MT should never be behind these classes on hate, if so, there is something plain wrong with the hate generation and/or playstyle. You ask "ever heard of stopping dps if you want a tank to take agro off you" as you think that I am in dps build or something. Nope, full on tank build. And since I am only cycling combos, I want the MT to tank, I am not one of those cheeky bitches who wants to overprove someone. I just want the tanks to have agro and not the dps...
    Last edited by Shax84; 27th February 2014 at 11:51.

Don't forget Forced Engage! Got to spam Forced Engage in order to be successful and good tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    Don't forget Forced Engage! Got to spam Forced Engage in order to be successful and good tank.
    Yeeaaahh....

You all complain about these pve nubs, but guess what...I feel the same way about these t4 muppets I see in minis where they can barely move or defend themselves, yet still somehow go positive because t4 gear gives enough breathing room to carry a player as long as he can hit 3 buttons.

Here's my thing...if people are barely able to move or kite in minis how are they getting this t4 gear where some of the encounters, especially Zodiac and emperor, require some movement ability. Then you have these t4 carries that just get by, amazingly, and get the gear.

So before anyone gets an elitist attitude about "new" nubs in 6 mans and they are ruining your experience, many more are doing the same for me, except they are not new but just plain bad, but because you all geared them up with t4, they somehow make the benchmark just barely because their gear does most of their work for them.

Honestly, I do very little pve. But I see some newer players that actually understand the core mechanics of 6-mans better than older players, the only thing holding them back is gear and AA. And TBH, anyone who says experience/geared for a group, I not only laugh at but I also it's a sign you don't want to group with them in the first place. Someone accepting an invite for say, Warmonks, just by accepting, is telling us they are familiar with the encounter, and if they are unsure about something it takes all but 20 seconds to tell them. If you think saying "experienced/geared" makes a difference, it really does not, because most of the groups I have joined with these so called "experienced" players are laughable, at least to me, because the group leader 50% of the time is the DPS DT, which says it all.
    Doomsayer 2008

I'll take my chances with a newer player over many "experienced" ones. Save the crap, most "experienced" players are terrible, and are completely set in those terrible ways. Someone who's been bad for years has .0001% chance to get better. At least a new player could turn into a good player if their head doesn't get filled with the idiocy I constantly read in global and the forums.

I am not sure the original post is about unexperienced players at all.

It seems to me that it complains about some players, who not only have no clue on what to do, but who also wouldn't admit it, nor want to progress, or actually listen to recommendations.

And this has nothing to do with experience of a particular encounter or gear on a particular toon, but with behaviour of the player.

After telling 10 times to that 'noob' healer that it is wise to keep both green and blue heals running and after main tank has been doing a full instance without heal, or after that rogue keeps body pulling or that demo failing at surviving the trash mobs he specially pulls in front of tank, and so on,
    ... when those players are explained how to do things properly but do not listen...
    then in the end it makes no doubt that your group will succeed at 5/6 better than it did at 6/6 after those players left the party.

When you join a team, you are supposed to play 'with' them and not
    'against' them. And this is the responsibility of each joining team member, as well as the responsibility of the team lead is to ensure he will provide team with enough directives -when necessary- to make the team a success.

Default kicked from a 6-man?

If you leader kicks someone without explaining what is wrong it is usually the leader that is the biggest noob. Fastest way to resolve it is to stay in instance and you will be reinvited to the team. After that you can have a sensible discussion about what to do differently.

Ive actually stay in instance after getting kicked by a clueless leader once. Guess what, I got reinvited.

Working as intended I would say.

One of my chars is a pom. I hear this a lot about tank not getting heal.. when I copy paste from logs they go silent. If a tank is dropping hp fast there are many possible explanations for that.. Burn skin, frenzy stance, lack of absorb/shield buffs.... But complaining about heals is easy. Just keep your logs on heals and you can show that both green and blue were running.

/zosara
    Last edited by zosara; 27th February 2014 at 19:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Let me see, what hate tools does a Conqueror have... Irritate, Retaliation, Burst of Agression, Technique of Mettle, Cunning Deflection could be considered an agro tool too... Can also feat Hateful Strikes, Volcanic Rage, Heroic Call and of course Goad. When I am the offtank in this setup, clearly undergeared compared to the main tank, I keep cycling FA, GoDS, BB, BH and Throat Slash, to avoid DPS pulling. I expect the main tank to burn his cooldowns and take it off me, but, no. Normally if I totally stop dps, a Sin or Mage dies. The MT should never be behind these classes on hate, if so, there is something plain wrong with the hate generation and/or playstyle. You ask "ever heard of stopping dps if you want a tank to take agro off you" as you think that I am in dps build or something. Nope, full on tank build. And since I am only cycling combos, I want the MT to tank, I am not one of those cheeky bitches who wants to overprove someone. I just want the tanks to have agro and not the dps...
    Ok, because your post before sounded to me like: "I rolled a FOTM class, look how OP I am".
    like hell