Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs destroying the fun

Thumbs down Noobs destroying the fun

So annoying... i m so bored to group with clueless ppl while i ask for exp ppl, that's not the worst... those morons generaly stay in the instance even after being kicked so the last one can"t come in.

My point is :

Can we get the same system as raids?
    I mean by that, after kicking a noob would be great that guy get teleported out of the instance and when he try to come back he will join his own instance instead of the current group.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloubi View Post
    So annoying... i m so bored to group with clueless ppl while i ask for exp ppl, that's not the worst... those morons generaly stay in the instance even after being kicked so the last one can"t come in.

My point is :

I mean by that, after kicking a noob would be great that guy get teleported out of the instance and when he try to come back he will join his own instance instead of the current group.
    The reason new player retention is so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    The reason new player retention is so bad...
    Six of "Why is nobody running hardmodes or signing for minigames?" and half a dozen of "God these new players are such trash, go delete ur toon and kill yourself for being bad."
    I don't make points I make dents.

My point is :

Hmmmm cant understand why newcomers find the game overwhelming
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

My point is :

Agreed    

Wouldn´t it be far better to just explain dungeons to new players?
    If everyone just search for "AA exp t3 gear" and so on, the game will just stagnate in its current status with the same playerbase, then slowly but surely will go extinct.

There is no problem when new players join the game and dungeons, the problem occurs when noone helps them and they become "noobs", loose interest and leave again.

I can understand that everyone wants a smooth run, maybe grab the missing item he/she wants and some tokens.
    But maybe you would be surprised what even an undergeared player can achieve if you just explain an encounter and help them out a little bit.

Greetings

Bigpapajack

hehe... OP should go play WoW, where a having the 'tude of a preschooler is part of the experience...

Too many 'pros' with no interest in new players in pugs with or helping them along. You may find a 6 man can be more rewarding if you interact, meet people and help others.. instead of just racing on autopilot for your lootz. You may even find you end up with more people to play with.

I am parted in this...

I have no problems with an inexperienced person joining a group I am in, as long as he say he is. He might have an important role, like using perks, and he must understand it. I can invite that person to our TS3 / Vent / Mumble, or type in chat and demonstrate if physical movement is needed.

If he is too shy to admit he is not experienced and hopes to get carried through, that pisses me off.. Equally when people leave group and stay in the instance. Just yesterday we had a BS in Abyss that did not use his heals at all. When the 2nd healer took 3rd port to the underworld, all heals disappeared. We did not get blues/greens for around 2 minutes. Like if you don't know how to heal, ffs dont join an Abyss run... Also, the Barbarian in the group had no idea how and when to use TW. So, recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by Shax84; 26th February 2014 at 08:16.

Without talking about why a player would remain in the group instance, which can be caused by an emergency, disconnect, whatever, an autokick system would make perfect sense in dungeons just like it does in raids.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast